Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL Doctors in Australia and New Zealand  (Read 10733 times)

theuprising

LL Doctors in Australia and New Zealand
« on: April 06, 2014, 06:11:09 AM »

Is anyone aware of any LL doctors from these countries. Both have decent medical systems and it seems
odd that there is not 1 doctor that offers cosmetic LL there.

Keep Growing

theuprising

Re: LL Doctors in Australia and New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:56:22 AM »

Have you gotten confirmation from either that they perform cosmetic LL?

I've tried repeatedly to get in contact with Dr Patel but no response and the
second link describes the procedure but can't see the doctor who performs the
surgery at Melbourne surgery center.

Keep Growing

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 09:17:26 AM »

No, because I'm not interested in externals...I don't see myself living with metal around my legs. I'm from Europe and having in mind the price of everything here I think I'll be better of financially with internals in Europe.

Have you called the clinic in Melbourne where Patel works? If you do please, out of curiosity, let us know the price.

About the second link, you can ignore it as it's from a clinic located in Melbourne, Florida USA. I was aware of Dr Patel but then I also found the second link on google.

All the best,

Keep Growing

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »

Only 10.000$ ? :)
Sounds to good to be truth. If that's the case then you will need to add another 10.000$ for the surgery and 10.000$ for the recovery part, coming to a total of 30.000$ which is a very good price :)

KrP1

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 01:57:59 PM »

How many cost precice in new zealand?

Russianblues

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »

Ilizarov frame for cosmetic LL is banned in Australia. Internals are probably banned as well but not 100% sure about that.

theuprising

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »

No, because I'm not interested in externals...I don't see myself living with metal around my legs. I'm from Europe and having in mind the price of everything here I think I'll be better of financially with internals in Europe.

Have you called the clinic in Melbourne where Patel works? If you do please, out of curiosity, let us know the price.

About the second link, you can ignore it as it's from a clinic located in Melbourne, Florida USA. I was aware of Dr Patel but then I also found the second link on google.

All the best,

I've tried getting in contact with Patel many times over a 3 month period so my feeling is he
is not interested in CLL as russianblue stated it is most likely banned.

I tried both those doctors in the NZ precise link with no response. There must be at least 1 doctor
in NZ that performs CLL though.

amatan

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 01:43:27 AM »

I like that people here are reaching out to new doctors.  There is way too much reliance on diaries and having a couple "successful" isolated cases, especially on the old forum, as though that somehow validates a doctor's entire practice, when it is likely that most doctors licensed to practice in highly developed countries and ones associated with well known institutions in developing countries are capable.  There are probably a lot of legitimate doctors we don't know about that might offer better prices. 
Did internal femurs using the PRECICE2 with Dr. Donghoon Lee in South Korea on December 27th, 2013, went from 5'7.5" to 5'9.6".  Will probably end up doing tibias in about a year with Dr. Birkholtz to get to 5'11".

Keep Growing

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 08:36:27 AM »

I like that people here are reaching out to new doctors.  There is way too much reliance on diaries and having a couple "successful" isolated cases, especially on the old forum, as though that somehow validates a doctor's entire practice, when it is likely that most doctors licensed to practice in highly developed countries and ones associated with well known institutions in developing countries are capable.  There are probably a lot of legitimate doctors we don't know about that might offer better prices.

Basically any orthopedic doc that deals with limb reconstruction etc know what cosmetic leg lengthening is and how it can be performed.

theuprising

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 10:59:58 PM »

Agree amatan there are so many doctors out there, this forum was a real eye opener
to show how many doctors did this. On the old forum it seemed like very few in the
world offered it. The real issue in some countries like Australia is how many doctors could
safely perform CLL but for whatever reason choose not to forcing patients to go to other countries.

What they need to understand is just because they won't perform it doesn't mean the patient will
get over their height and stop looking, it does however force the patient to have the procedure in
a different country and obviously make the experience more taxing than it would have been had they
been able to have it done with a good doctor in their native country.

Keep Growing

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »

I called today Dr. Patel's office and I was told that I need a prescription from my GP before seeing the doc if I want a LL. My mistake was that I haven't mentioned that I want it for cosmetic purposes...

theuprising

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »

I called today Dr. Patel's office and I was told that I need a prescription from my GP before seeing the doc if I want a LL. My mistake was that I haven't mentioned that I want it for cosmetic purposes...

Are you going to get the referral and ask him personally or call back up? He mentions he performed it for
constitutional short stature.

NBW

• 5'3"
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 06:16:37 AM »

As an Australian, I don't think it's possible to have CLL here, neither in NZ. You guys should keep trying though.

Keep Growing

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 08:42:35 AM »

Are you going to get the referral and ask him personally or call back up? He mentions he performed it for
constitutional short stature.
Not sure as I need to work out how my Medicare works (papers, visa, stuff)...I'm new to Australia and I don't think I'll stay for a long period. All I want to know from Dr. Patel is the price, and having in mind the cost of living here I don't think he will do it for less than 60.000$.
If I'll see him I'll let you know! If anyone will see please let us know!

theuprising

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 10:37:05 AM »

You could just call to confirm if he does it for cosmetic purposes if he doesn't then there is no need to worry about getting a referal . I have spoken to a couple of docs in Sydney and they will not perform
CLL.

Carter

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 07:05:34 AM »

CLL is banned in both of these countries if I'm not wrong.   :-\

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 09:51:34 PM »

CLL is banned in both of these countries if I'm not wrong.   :-\

Yeah, bro.  It's banned.

jaymorgan712

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 04:26:40 PM »

I have spoken to these doctors, even doctor patel and he refuses to do it for cosmetic purposes. He believes it is dangerous. It is not banned or illegal in australia. It's just that not one surgeon in australia wants to do it. They believe there too many risks involved.
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up