Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: It's time 5'7 to 5'10  (Read 5492 times)

hype88

It's time 5'7 to 5'10
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »

Hey guy's, I've been following this for a while now. I've decided I'm going a head with it. I'm around 5'7 looking to add roughly 5cm. I'm thinkinf tibias but not too sure yet. Just like to find a Dr who is trustworthy and easily affordable.  Any ideas?

doomsday

Re: It's time 5'7 to 5'10
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:13:29 PM »

did you read every diary from this forum and the old one?

hype88

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »

No sorry please shed some light

doomsday

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »

read them all otherwise you will most likely end up disabled 

hype88

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »

Thank you for you're thoughtfulness.

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 02:08:41 PM »

With 5 cm from 5.7 you'll become 5.9, not 5.10.
And you ask for something that no sensible person can answer you.
Read the forum and you'll find what doctors suits you best. If you want external tibias Catagni is one of the best solutions out there.

ouroboros

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 09:34:56 PM »

If you want external tibias Catagni is one of the best solutions out there.

100% agree

Dhdhdjuru

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 03:58:05 AM »

dr. Sarin will amputate your legs for a cheap price ;D ;D ;D
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

google42

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 04:07:53 AM »

dr. Sarin will amputate your legs for a cheap price ;D ;D ;D
There's someone currently going to sarin for ll. I know this because he pmed me and said he didn't want to wait a long time to get ll and he saw two other people doing ll with sarin that turned out okay. He probably won't have a diary here because he doesn't want people to know he went to sarin.
I hope he turns out fine.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 05:29:48 AM »

He should definitely post. It's a real shame that because there are some judgemental trolls around here, we are missing information about LL veterans. Diaries are what this forum lacks the most.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Dhdhdjuru

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »

I hope so too, but personally I would rather wait the extra years, it's our legs were talking about here. Not like you can just go back and ask for a new pair.
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

hype88

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 02:38:15 PM »

Cheers for the comments🤙

vegeta24

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 03:43:01 PM »

Dr Miktovic, Dr. Parihar, Dr. Solomin, Dr. Catagni all good doctors and relatively cheap for external tibias, (Catagni is the most expensive).

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 05:37:33 PM »

I hope so too, but personally I would rather wait the extra years, it's our legs were talking about here. Not like you can just go back and ask for a new pair.

Then you should definitely re evaluate doing 15 cm.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

MirinHeight

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 04:28:41 AM »

Dr Miktovic, Dr. Parihar, Dr. Solomin, Dr. Catagni all good doctors and relatively cheap for external tibias, (Catagni is the most expensive).

you forgot Dr. Salameh

he is pretty expensive but his device is full weight bearing + you can hide it under loose pants.

I will be doing my external tibia LL ~3-3.5cm with him in the future :)
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

hype88

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »

I've heard Dr Solomin is good?

hype88

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »

I've also just measured my height and wing span.

Morning height - 171 - 172

Night height  - 169

Wingspan - 180

I'm thinking of either 6cm on tibias or do two segments 5cm each. It would be nice to be same height at wingspan

The Dreamer

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »

With 5 cm from 5.7 you'll become 5.9, not 5.10.
And you ask for something that no sensible person can answer you.
Read the forum and you'll find what doctors suits you best. If you want external tibias Catagni is one of the best solutions out there.
I don't know really why are you keep saying that.Catagni strongly believes that Achilleus tendon has to be lengthened.He said he did this to 80% of his patients.You said you're against ATL because it causes a lot of troubles
So why are you still recommending him as one of the bests regarding tibia ?
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Bander72

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 12:34:50 PM »

I don't know really why are you keep saying that.Catagni strongly believes that Achilleus tendon has to be lengthened.He said he did this to 80% of his patients.You said you're against ATL because it causes a lot of troubles

Because on low amounts like 5 cm they won't need to do atl. And it's been said before that he highly encourages people to do atl. And besides that he has a good reputation.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:54:25 PM by Bander72 »
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

GeTs

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 02:20:05 PM »

Paley trained under him as far as I know

Cloudo

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »

Because on low amounts like 5 cm they won't need to do atl. And it's been said before that he highly encourages people to do atl. And besides that he has a good reputation.
Basically, Catagni is the reason why ll has become known worldwide and has advanced to such level. Back like 40 years ago ll was only done in Russia in illizarov  institutes / hospitals etc...
When catagni went to Russia and learned the method he brought it back to Italy and started improving and teaching it because the traditional illizarov method was extremely painful and inconvenient. Most of the well known doctors today were catagni's students(e.g. Paley) or his students students, these doctors came from different countries to catagni because back then it was hard for many citizens to enter Russia let alone study there. So, catagni is definitely one of the best when it comes to external tibia. Salameh is also up there with catagni because he also studied in Russia around that period of time and developed his own external device(salamehfix), even the Russians admired his creation!   Paley and the newer doctors didn't focus on the external methods because they found them harsh and very inconvenient, that's why they focused on developing the internal methods. So, if you want to do external, best choices are catagni, salameh and the Russians. If you want to do internal then go for the newer doctors such as paley, guichet etc...
Original height: 176cm
Goal height: 191cm

GeTs

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 03:02:59 PM »

Basically, Catagni is the reason why ll has become known worldwide and has advanced to such level. Back like 40 years ago ll was only done in Russia in illizarov  institutes / hospitals etc...
When catagni went to Russia and learned the method he brought it back to Italy and started improving and teaching it because the traditional illizarov method was extremely painful and inconvenient. Most of the well known doctors today were catagni's students(e.g. Paley) or his students students, these doctors came from different countries to catagni because back then it was hard for many citizens to enter Russia let alone study there. So, catagni is definitely one of the best when it comes to external tibia. Salameh is also up there with catagni because he also studied in Russia around that period of time and developed his own external device(salamehfix), even the Russians admired his creation!   Paley and the newer doctors didn't focus on the external methods because they found them harsh and very inconvenient, that's why they focused on developing the internal methods. So, if you want to do external, best choices are catagni, salameh and the Russians. If you want to do internal then go for the newer doctors such as paley, guichet etc...

Someone that does his research finally.

OT: Btw I PM'd you some cool info, look it up

Cloudo

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »

Someone that does his research finally.

OT: Btw I PM'd you some cool info, look it up
Thanks, I read them  :)
Original height: 176cm
Goal height: 191cm

Body Builder

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 03:51:07 PM »

Exactly. For 5-6cm the strong majority of people don't need atl at all.
Catagni is a very good doctor in terms of LL but no, atl is a catastriphic surgery and no doctor should do it unless the patient doesn't have huge bf for years that does not improve.

So I suggest Catagni for LL and only. Not for atl. After all no doctor will do atl to you against your will. So somene could trust him for LL and everything that has to do with bones. Tendons is another subject.

The Dreamer

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 08:02:33 PM »

Catagni states that you won't never recover 100% if you don't do the ATL.
I also did my homework.In a Catagni's study(I have the PDF and i will upload it) it is said that 19 did the ATL and 1 not.All the patients fully recovered except the one that didn't ATL.
All those patients did at LEAST 5 cm of gain in lengthening.
Therefore ATL should be not required for increments below 5 cm,which are very poor and don't worth the risks.
Maybe your doctor performed a bad ATL but I also remember that crimsontide had problems.At this point one could say that maybe crimsontide's doc had done some mistakes.
Statistically speaking it would be 19 (ATL benefits) vs 2 (ATL dangers). But I also heard that many doctors disagree om this subject.
So what are the conclusions ? Basically we have contrasting infos and doctors opinions.Therefore until when ATL will be identified with certainty as a danger or a benefit,doing LL is a complete gamble

GeTs

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »

I also did my homework.In a Catagni's study(I have the PDF and i will upload it) it is said that 19 did the ATL and 1 not.All the patients fully recovered except the one that didn't ATL.
Therefore ATL should be not required for increments below 5 cm,which are very poor and don't worth the risks.
Maybe your doctor performed a bad ATL but I also remember that crimsontide had problems.At this point one could say that maybe crimsontide's doc had done some mistakes.
Statistically speaking it would be 19 (ATL benefits) vs 2 (ATL dangers). But I also heard that many doctors disagree om this subject.
So what are the conclusions ? Basically we have contrasting infos and doctors opinions.Therefore until when ATL will be identified with certainty as a danger or a benefit,doing LL is a complete gamble

Why do you think <5cm is not worth it?

To me 4cm are fully worth it.

I'm 176-177.5 and it would put me at 180. Not to mention it would leave room for doing femurs later on in case I want to reach 184.

Altough for someone <170 I think doing anything less than 5cm is worse than in my case

OT: Before someone tries to insult me for wanting to do it at my height, you can dearly fk off  ;D ;D I won't change my mind

FDR101

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »

I'm 176-177.5 and it would put me at 180. Not to mention it would leave room for doing femurs later on in case I want to reach 184.

Altough for someone <170 I think doing anything less than 5cm is worse than in my case

I agree, if I were to do Tibias I would do 4-4.5 cm's not more. I would go from 173 cm to 177-177.5 which is a big jump with regards to population height.

Do you guys think it matters whether one does Tibias or Femurs first, if the goal is Dual LL?

The Dreamer

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »

OT: Before someone tries to insult me for wanting to do it at my height, you can dearly fk off  ;D ;D I won't change my mind
We have basically the same height,around 176/177 cm,obviously I will not insulte you.
However I'm saying that even for less than 5 cm,there is no evidence if ATL is required or less.The Catagni's stydy was speaking about lengthening base 5 cm or upper.And I want to be sure at 100% if this ATL will weaken my tendon or not.We talk about our Health that is priceless.Ballerina foot or on the either side complication from ATL,are not a small problem.
Personally I think that less invasive surgery=less problems.And ATL seems a invasive surgery.But I'm not a surgeon and my opinion is worthless.The problem is that surgeons have contrasting views on this topic.
PS:Speaking for my self,I think doing 2 LL is simply a madness.Let's not forget the others complication involving LL such Fat Embolism which can be fatal.Catagni reported 1 death from embolism.
So if you manage to survive and recover from the first LL,doing an another would be simply a insanity.
If I have to do this,only 1 surgery and job done with this  .

Body Builder

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 10:24:23 AM »

Achilles tendon is a very delicate part of the body, like all the tendons, and if you mess with its length the power deficiency is from big (for a little lengthening) to huge (if you have massive bf).
Achilles tendon is responsible for walking, jumping and running and even a small loss in power will make a big effect on these, but most of the time the power loss is really big.

Me, Crimsontide and other users from the old forum have written again and again how bad this surgery is. After all I could have said that I am fine and 100% consolidated compared to my preLL condition, I don't have any reason to write how bad was atl if I really believed it and saw it with my own eyes from my personal experience.
If I didn't have done the corrective surgery to shorten again my tendons I'd really be very frustrated right now but I am much better now thanx. I really see the days between atl and at shortening surgery as a nightmare. There is nothing worse to walk and feel your feet loose and weak.

Furthermore, I don't care what Catagni says about atl and that in 20 patients, 19 did it and fully recovered.
Here on the forum many people did tibias to more than 6cm lengthening and none except from Catagni's patients did atl, so there is no way that atl is necessary for the majority of people who underwent tibia lengthening. Even before less than a month a patient of Catagni wrote here about the terrible pains he had from atl and he was really frustrated about his condition. Of course he was on the first days and I hope he becomes better soon but I hope he will update his condition and see how good he is.
And finally, Paley and other serious doctors are totally against atl and only use it in very extreme cases where there is no improvement in dorsiflexion after years.

Anyway, I wrie all these from my heart and I believe it is my duty to inform people about how bad is atl surgery because I don't want anyone to be in my position when I trusted my ex doctor and he almost ruined my legs with this  y surgery. But I can't do anything more, if people don't believe me, Crimsontide and many other people (like Chris on the old forum) who are totally against that surgery then they could freely ruin their legs.
But noone xcan say that we haven't warned him.

The Dreamer

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 10:40:26 AM »

Achilles tendon is a very delicate part of the body, like all the tendons, and if you mess with its length the power deficiency is from big (for a little lengthening) to huge (if you have massive bf).
Achilles tendon is responsible for walking, jumping and running and even a small loss in power will make a big effect on these, but most of the time the power loss is really big.

Me, Crimsontide and other users from the old forum have written again and again how bad this surgery is. After all I could have said that I am fine and 100% consolidated compared to my preLL condition, I don't have any reason to write how bad was atl if I really believed it and saw it with my own eyes from my personal experience.
If I didn't have done the corrective surgery to shorten again my tendons I'd really be very frustrated right now but I am much better now thanx. I really see the days between atl and at shortening surgery as a nightmare. There is nothing worse to walk and feel your feet loose and weak.

Furthermore, I don't care what Catagni says about atl and that in 20 patients, 19 did it and fully recovered.
Here on the forum many people did tibias to more than 6cm lengthening and none except from Catagni's patients did atl, so there is no way that atl is necessary for the majority of people who underwent tibia lengthening. Even before less than a month a patient of Catagni wrote here about the terrible pains he had from atl and he was really frustrated about his condition. Of course he was on the first days and I hope he becomes better soon but I hope he will update his condition and see how good he is.
And finally, Paley and other serious doctors are totally against atl and only use it in very extreme cases where there is no improvement in dorsiflexion after years.

Anyway, I wrie all these from my heart and I believe it is my duty to inform people about how bad is atl surgery because I don't want anyone to be in my position when I trusted my ex doctor and he almost ruined my legs with this crapy surgery. But I can't do anything more, if people don't believe me, Crimsontide and many other people (like Chris on the old forum) who are totally against that surgery then they could freely ruin their legs.
But noone xcan say that we haven't warned him.
Bodybuilder,I believe you and crimsontide.I read some articles that were strictly against ATL and in fact it does have sense since the Achilleus tendon is a very delicate part of our body.
I was asking myself why you still recommends Catagni as one of the best concerning tibia.You cannot say "yes he is a top surgeon at lengthening tibia" and the fact that he strongly suggests ATL is negligible.Of course no one doctor will perform a surgery against your will.But will you disobey at his tips while doing this kind of surgery ? You cannot simply trust him at 50%.Or 100% or nothing

GeTs

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2017, 12:27:24 PM »

Bodybuilder,I believe you and crimsontide.I read some articles that were strictly against ATL and in fact it does have sense since the Achilleus tendon is a very delicate part of our body.
I was asking myself why you still recommends Catagni as one of the best concerning tibia.You cannot say "yes he is a top surgeon at lengthening tibia" and the fact that he strongly suggests ATL is negligible.Of course no one doctor will perform a surgery against your will.But will you disobey at his tips while doing this kind of surgery ? You cannot simply trust him at 50%.Or 100% or nothing
Cause he has the most experience of any doctor alive.

In the book, Priciples of Deformity Correction by Dr. Dror Paley, when Dr. Paley was talking about his experience in Italy he wrote:

“In contrast to the struggle to learn in the USSR, Italy presented a refreshing sense of openness. The team, comprised of Roberto Cattaneo, Maurizio Catagni, and Angelo Villa in Lecco, Fabio Argnani in Bergamo, and Antonio Bianchi-Maiocchi in Milan, welcomed me with sincerity, kindness, and warmth and did everything to help me learn. I will forever be indebted to them. Of these outstanding teachers, Dr. Catagni is most responsible for my current understanding of deformities. He possesses an intuitive understanding of deformities and essentially computes a CORA analysis in his head as well as I can on paper. My goal with this book was to codify Dr. Catagni's intuitive approach into the objective CORA method that can be performed in a step-by-step fashion by all.” (source 11)

And is the founder of ASAMI International
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up