Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's time 5'7 to 5'10  (Read 5478 times)

The Dreamer

Re: It's time 5'7 to 5'10
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2017, 10:40:26 AM »

Achilles tendon is a very delicate part of the body, like all the tendons, and if you mess with its length the power deficiency is from big (for a little lengthening) to huge (if you have massive bf).
Achilles tendon is responsible for walking, jumping and running and even a small loss in power will make a big effect on these, but most of the time the power loss is really big.

Me, Crimsontide and other users from the old forum have written again and again how bad this surgery is. After all I could have said that I am fine and 100% consolidated compared to my preLL condition, I don't have any reason to write how bad was atl if I really believed it and saw it with my own eyes from my personal experience.
If I didn't have done the corrective surgery to shorten again my tendons I'd really be very frustrated right now but I am much better now thanx. I really see the days between atl and at shortening surgery as a nightmare. There is nothing worse to walk and feel your feet loose and weak.

Furthermore, I don't care what Catagni says about atl and that in 20 patients, 19 did it and fully recovered.
Here on the forum many people did tibias to more than 6cm lengthening and none except from Catagni's patients did atl, so there is no way that atl is necessary for the majority of people who underwent tibia lengthening. Even before less than a month a patient of Catagni wrote here about the terrible pains he had from atl and he was really frustrated about his condition. Of course he was on the first days and I hope he becomes better soon but I hope he will update his condition and see how good he is.
And finally, Paley and other serious doctors are totally against atl and only use it in very extreme cases where there is no improvement in dorsiflexion after years.

Anyway, I wrie all these from my heart and I believe it is my duty to inform people about how bad is atl surgery because I don't want anyone to be in my position when I trusted my ex doctor and he almost ruined my legs with this crapy surgery. But I can't do anything more, if people don't believe me, Crimsontide and many other people (like Chris on the old forum) who are totally against that surgery then they could freely ruin their legs.
But noone xcan say that we haven't warned him.
Bodybuilder,I believe you and crimsontide.I read some articles that were strictly against ATL and in fact it does have sense since the Achilleus tendon is a very delicate part of our body.
I was asking myself why you still recommends Catagni as one of the best concerning tibia.You cannot say "yes he is a top surgeon at lengthening tibia" and the fact that he strongly suggests ATL is negligible.Of course no one doctor will perform a surgery against your will.But will you disobey at his tips while doing this kind of surgery ? You cannot simply trust him at 50%.Or 100% or nothing
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

GeTs

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2017, 12:27:24 PM »

Bodybuilder,I believe you and crimsontide.I read some articles that were strictly against ATL and in fact it does have sense since the Achilleus tendon is a very delicate part of our body.
I was asking myself why you still recommends Catagni as one of the best concerning tibia.You cannot say "yes he is a top surgeon at lengthening tibia" and the fact that he strongly suggests ATL is negligible.Of course no one doctor will perform a surgery against your will.But will you disobey at his tips while doing this kind of surgery ? You cannot simply trust him at 50%.Or 100% or nothing
Cause he has the most experience of any doctor alive.

In the book, Priciples of Deformity Correction by Dr. Dror Paley, when Dr. Paley was talking about his experience in Italy he wrote:

“In contrast to the struggle to learn in the USSR, Italy presented a refreshing sense of openness. The team, comprised of Roberto Cattaneo, Maurizio Catagni, and Angelo Villa in Lecco, Fabio Argnani in Bergamo, and Antonio Bianchi-Maiocchi in Milan, welcomed me with sincerity, kindness, and warmth and did everything to help me learn. I will forever be indebted to them. Of these outstanding teachers, Dr. Catagni is most responsible for my current understanding of deformities. He possesses an intuitive understanding of deformities and essentially computes a CORA analysis in his head as well as I can on paper. My goal with this book was to codify Dr. Catagni's intuitive approach into the objective CORA method that can be performed in a step-by-step fashion by all.” (source 11)

And is the founder of ASAMI International

Body Builder

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »

Yes you are right that there is a contradiction in what I said about trusting Catagni although I strongly disagree about atl that does to most of his patients.
But I truly believe that Catagni is good with LL, he is a master of external Ilizarov and he is very experienced so you could lengthen a normal amount with straight bones and no major risks (malunions etc).
But I still don't believe that it is necessary to trust this doctor for anything else than lengthening your bones.
Bone is a very different case of tendons, a doctor who is best in the first does not mean he is the same good at the second and the opposite.
And as I said, if you give time and stretch a lot then it is very hard to have problems with bf if you lengthen less than 6-6.5 cm so with a minor or minimum bf Catagni won't suggest to do atl.

Thw bad thing with Catagni is not that he performs atl but that he thinks it won't cause any major effect on your legs and does not advice his patients to try hard to prevent bf so as not to need atl. Most Catagni's patients think that they can lengthen as much as they want and then do an atl to have again normal rom. But they don't know that the proce for that rom is a huge power deficit.
Tendon's length play a crucial role in the power it exerts from the muscle and a lengthened tendon can NEVER become as powerful as a normal tendon, thats a fact.

So I trust Catagni for lengthening bones and treat complications that has to do with bones per se (malunions, infections etc) but I'd never let him or any other doctor mess with my tendons.
I did that mistake before 5 years and now I know how wrong I was.
Atl was by far the biggest mistake of my life. But thanks God it wasn't irreversible as with tendon shortening most of my tension and power is back.

Zeo

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »

Cause he has the most experience of any doctor alive.

In the book, Priciples of Deformity Correction by Dr. Dror Paley, when Dr. Paley was talking about his experience in Italy he wrote:

“In contrast to the struggle to learn in the USSR, Italy presented a refreshing sense of openness. The team, comprised of Roberto Cattaneo, Maurizio Catagni, and Angelo Villa in Lecco, Fabio Argnani in Bergamo, and Antonio Bianchi-Maiocchi in Milan, welcomed me with sincerity, kindness, and warmth and did everything to help me learn. I will forever be indebted to them. Of these outstanding teachers, Dr. Catagni is most responsible for my current understanding of deformities. He possesses an intuitive understanding of deformities and essentially computes a CORA analysis in his head as well as I can on paper. My goal with this book was to codify Dr. Catagni's intuitive approach into the objective CORA method that can be performed in a step-by-step fashion by all.” (source 11)

And is the founder of ASAMI International

I wrote that thread  ;D! I'm glad to see people read it. It didn't seem like people on the old forum were into research. Took me forever to research too so it was disappointing it didn't get much attention. I'm going to post it on this forum too.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

The Dreamer

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2017, 05:50:27 PM »

I wrote that thread  ;D! I'm glad to see people read it. It didn't seem like people on the old forum were into research. Took me forever to research too so it was disappointing it didn't get much attention. I'm going to post it on this forum too.
Hi,what does it mean when you say "I wrote that thread" ? Did you wrote the book ? Or instead are you Paley ?
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

GeTs

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 06:05:41 PM »

Hi,what does it mean when you say "I wrote that thread" ? Did you wrote the book ? Or instead are you Paley ?

No. The italian doctors weren't known or as much publicised in the forums.

Yet despite all of this they had the most experience and they also work under european health care standard. So the guy researched them and wrote a thread on the 2 doctors Catagni & Pili.

To me Catagni & Pili have the best experience/price ratio.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up