Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My masterplan (2 years)  (Read 2267 times)

Frogger

My masterplan (2 years)
« on: August 10, 2017, 09:13:49 AM »

Hi all, currently 20 years old and am 5'6.5,
I have been considering LL for a few years now and am saving up money so I can complete it after university (probably over the summer and take a gap semester for grad school in the fall).

My goal is 5'9 but 5'8 is fine too.. Was wondering if you think this would affect my proportions noticeably? My wingspan is currently around 5'9. I am also athletic and well built in the torso, muscle wise

Anyways, I currently have about 20k but am saving up so hopefully by the end of university (2 more years) I will have enough for internal femur lengthening

So my questions are, in summary:
*do you think going from 5'6.5 to 5'9 would wreck my proportions?
*any recommended / good internal doctors recommended? (I probably can't afford US doctors even by the time of graduation) I was thinking of Parihar, Berkholtz, and the likes of those

Penguinn

Re: My masterplan (2 years)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »

2.5" is a very reasonable goal. The upper limit of tibial LL and a relatively easy femoral LL. In your place, if I was ok with 2 to 2.5" and was short on $$, I'd have gone for tibias.

Assuming you have normal proportions now, highly unlikely that this amount would wreck your proportions. Post a pic anyway if you want members' opinions.

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 04:18:38 PM »

I would suggest femur lengthening, you can even get 3 inches there( save more money in case of complications). About the doctors, almost nobody can pay american ones, do you have to search as you have done, Dr B or P are both good
Budget will determine my future.

MirinHeight

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 05:03:50 PM »

Hi all, currently 20 years old and am 5'6.5,
I have been considering LL for a few years now and am saving up money so I can complete it after university (probably over the summer and take a gap semester for grad school in the fall).

My goal is 5'9 but 5'8 is fine too.. Was wondering if you think this would affect my proportions noticeably? My wingspan is currently around 5'9. I am also athletic and well built in the torso, muscle wise

Anyways, I currently have about 20k but am saving up so hopefully by the end of university (2 more years) I will have enough for internal femur lengthening

So my questions are, in summary:
*do you think going from 5'6.5 to 5'9 would wreck my proportions?
*any recommended / good internal doctors recommended? (I probably can't afford US doctors even by the time of graduation) I was thinking of Parihar, Berkholtz, and the likes of those

go to dr. Parihar.

He is the best doctor for cll outside of the US and Dr. Paley even recommends him.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Frogger

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:12:23 AM »

*message deleted*

Frogger

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 06:13:41 AM »

2.5" is a very reasonable goal. The upper limit of tibial LL and a relatively easy femoral LL. In your place, if I was ok with 2 to 2.5" and was short on $$, I'd have gone for tibias.

Assuming you have normal proportions now, highly unlikely that this amount would wreck your proportions. Post a pic anyway if you want members' opinions.

Hey Penguinn,
I've actually been following your journey with dr. P, wishing you the best of luck.

Yes I would be more than happy with 2.5 inches gained. I just hope that I can recover and walk well within the summer vacation + 1 gap semester from university, so about 7 months.

I may have missed it, but how much total did it cost for your operation with Parihar, just so I can ballpark how much I should save up?

Also, do you think personally that the whole journey was worth it in the end, considering the pain and time spent recovering?

Body Builder

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:21 AM »

go to dr. Parihar.

He is the best doctor for cll outside of the US and Dr. Paley even recommends him.
You are a newbie here who never did LL so saying who it the better doctor or not is ridiculous.
India is the worst place for LL and even if Parihar is a good doctor (which I can't say with only 2-3 internal cases he have done) he is not for sure the best case outside of usa due to experience and the country he operates.

The thing that Paley recommends him is only because he has trained him. The same happened with dr Shah who is a butcher.

So speak more carefully the next time before you advice someome.

MirinHeight

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »

You are a newbie here who never did LL so saying who it the better doctor or not is ridiculous.
India is the worst place for LL and even if Parihar is a good doctor (which I can't say with only 2-3 internal cases he have done) he is not for sure the best case outside of usa due to experience and the country he operates.

The thing that Paley recommends him is only because he has trained him. The same happened with dr Shah who is a butcher.

Dr. Parihar is the best doctor outside of US. I stand by my statement. "hes not the best doctor because he operates in India".
I wasn't talking about location. OP can take location into consideration. I'm only talking about the doctor.
Furthermore, there is a reason that Dr. Paley does not recommend Dr. Shah.
Dr. Parihar is not money hungry like other international cll surgeons and has safety as his number 1 priority. This means all of his diaries are legit, which I cannot say for all international ll surgeons.

You can see his level of expertise when he teaches other doctors in India how to perform these surgeries without complications.

MirinHeight

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »

So you having done this surgery, makes you more educated about this surgery? Did you get your legs broken by every doctor in the world so you can give OP better advice on who is the best doctor?

I bet I know more about this surgery and complications, than you do. Because I actually have read 40-50 research papers on this surgery and its complications and do not go off what this forum has to say. But since you already got the surgery done and I am a newbie, you know so much more than me. That makes sense.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 06:20:27 PM »

So you having done this surgery, makes you more educated about this surgery? Did you get your legs broken by every doctor in the world so you can give OP better advice on who is the best doctor?

I bet I know more about this surgery and complications, than you do. Because I actually have read 40-50 research papers on this surgery and its complications and do not go off what this forum has to say. But since you already got the surgery done and I am a newbie, you know so much more than me. That makes sense.
Yes, I know much more than you about LL mostly because I did LL. But I also have read tenths of articles about LL and achilles tendon so trust me when I give advice I know what I am talking about
But these has nothing to do with why your statement about "best doctor" is ridiculous.

A doctor who have done not more that 2-3 internal LLs can't be the best doctor only for that. If he does 50 LLs with a low complication rate, then yes, maybe your statement had a point. Bot not now. Furthermore when we talk about India which only that is a very significant reason to don't do LL, even if he was the best doctor.

India is a big NO for any western citizen for hundreds if reasons. So doing LL with an unexperienced in LL doctor in that country for money that you can go to Pili, Birkholz, Monegal etc can't be a good idea.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »

I don't think patients have the right to decide which doctor is more capable than the other. That is something only doctors can analyse about themselves, a peer review so to speak. That means that LL doctors are the ones who can understand the technical skills and deficiencies of one another.

However, experience is the most important asset for a surgeon much more than intelligence and that is directly linked to the number of cases they've had. Now I don't know if Dr. Parihar has only done 1-2 cases of LL, remember that cosmetic cases are not the only reason to do LL and also that not even close to 10% of patients that do have LL have a diary (except Monegal for marketing reasons haha).

Finally, please do not underestimate all Indian doctors, there are a lot of them who are very skilled, much more so than 1st world countries. I remember that during lengthening one of the patients had diarrhoea. You cannot imagine how wrong it was treated even at one of the most expensive clinics in Milan. Even a doctor in the far corner of the world with no meds and no test would have treated him better.

The environment in which the doctor operates is very important; however, do not think that more technology means the doctor is better. And for other users, do not think that just having the operation in a first world country means that you will be safe or that there is no malpractice or that doctors do not cover for each other. That is indeed naive.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

onemorefoot

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 08:12:19 PM »

Femur surgery  is one of the easieƱ orthopaedic surgeries according to orthopaedic surgeons, not me. So please dont even mention the Word intelligence. I dont think Indian docs are all bad, Parihar is surely the best in India, the best in the outside US? Maybe not, but he is very good. I think the grade in medicine lasts about 4 years un US And in some countries It can be even 6 years, according to this some european docs should be better than Dr Paley. I dont agree doc Paley is the best orthopaedic surgeon, but he is very experienced.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 08:19:01 PM »

Femur surgery  is one of the easieƱ orthopaedic surgeries according to orthopaedic surgeons, not me. So please dont even mention the Word intelligence. I dont think Indian docs are all bad, Parihar is surely the best in India, the best in the outside US? Maybe not, but he is very good. I think the grade in medicine lasts about 4 years un US And in some countries It can be even 6 years, according to this some european docs should be better than Dr Paley. I dont agree doc Paley is the best orthopaedic surgeon, but he is very experienced.

My point exactly I mentioned intelligence to say that you don't need plenty of it to do this kind of surgery but the number of patients you have add to your experience and improves your results. That is a fact with all procedures because of the learning curve. US med students do 4 years of med school but only after doing college with takes 2 years and essentially the number of years to graduate from high school to your diploma is more of less the same in every country.

As I said, I don't think you or I can decide which is the best orthopaedic surgeon. Remember you are still a baby and have a lot to learn. Let's be humble.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 11:11:51 PM »

Good point, the learning curve, in US the technology is basically the most advanced.

crimsontide

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 12:59:30 AM »

India should  not be considered.  There are very few good drs in India

The avg dr in India is exponentially worse than the avg dr in Europe or  America. Many reasons for this
.  Have a look at the operating rooms of "top" Indian Drs such as Shah.

crimsontide

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 01:11:51 AM »

Absolute nonsense. The best Dr  in the entire world outside  America?     Paley has never recommended Parihar in the sense you are implying.  Paley was asked about Indian drs and Paley listed more than 1

Why don't you post a few videos and photos of  the operating room.   When I was about to have surgery in India in 2014 the electricity went out while I was on the operating table. The city of Mumbai had a city wide blackout. I had to be taken off the the table  and put back in my room after having had a spinal tap.  That's  an example of an India problem.   India is a 10th world nation in terms of cleanliness,  hygienic safety and and lack of corruption. I wouldn't  go to Paley if  Paley  had to perform surgeries under Indian  standards.
go to dr. Parihar.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 01:59:48 AM »

Absolute nonsense. The best Dr  in the entire world outside  America?     Paley has never recommended Parihar in the sense you are implying.  Paley was asked about Indian drs and Paley listed more than 1

Why don't you post a few videos and photos of  the operating room.   When I was about to have surgery in India in 2014 the electricity went out while I was on the operating table. The city of Mumbai had a city wide blackout. I had to be taken off the the table  and put back in my room after having had a spinal tap.  That's  an example of an India problem.   India is a 10th world nation in terms of cleanliness,  hygienic safety and and lack of corruption. I wouldn't  go to Paley if  Paley  had to perform surgeries under Indian  standards.

WHAT? Hospitals and clinics have back up generators in case of black out especially for the operating table and ICU. It is impossible to be left without lights during a surgery. If that happened then the situation is really bad. However, I wonder. I honestly think that at least there is one centre in each country that has average-more than average technology.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

crimsontide

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 02:03:57 AM »

the lights went out. they had 1 backup light. Shah was going to perform the surgery with an assistant focusing this big light but luckily he decided against it and told me  he'd have to do it the next day

Also, there's no ramp for patients.  An assistant would put a makeshift wooden plank over the   front entrance stairs so I could be rolled in the clinic

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 03:04:40 AM »

the lights went out. they had 1 backup light. Shah was going to perform the surgery with an assistant focusing this big light but luckily he decided against it and told me  he'd have to do it the next day

Also, there's no ramp for patients.  An assistant would put a makeshift wooden plank over the   front entrance stairs so I could be rolled in the clinic

I think that was your cue to escape... :O
Went from 164 to 170 cm

crimsontide

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 01:22:07 AM »

I think that was your cue to escape... :O

I should have taken that as a  sign to leave!

Bander72

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 09:39:57 AM »

Any westerner would be foolish to go to india. Taking out of consideration the unhygenicness of the country. There are only two cases of internal lengthening done by him. The expirience of other doctors in europe far outweigh parihars experience. Its not even about economic since mongeal is actually cheaper and Mumbai despite being third world is a very expensive place to rent.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account
Pages: [1]   Go Up