Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feeling damning pain after achilles surgery  (Read 2199 times)

DreamKamchatka

feeling damning pain after achilles surgery
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:07:51 PM »

felt the most terrible pain in my life   24 hours after surgery
then constant pain on heels, calf muscles even feet

is that typical? should i always keep my legs straight?

Body Builder

Re: feeling damning pain after achilles surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 10:49:55 PM »

Some medium pain after atl is normal. Heavy pain is not so much and maybe the dr injured the sural nerve which is very close. But still the pain will come off almost for sure in some days-weeks.
But the consequences in your walking and your athletic abilities are permanent.

I am really disappointed that people still geting atl after all that me and Crimsontide have written here about this bloody surgery which creates much more problems than it solves.
Atl is a big mistake.
Anyway, I hope you are out of pain soon.

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:16:20 PM »

my doctor strongly recommend,me to do this surgery,cuz my ballerina foot was really terrible
he used trayers procedure, maybe this metjode isnt so bad?

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 11:41:22 PM »

I don't want what is this method you mentioned.
As far as I know tendon can be lengthened percutaneously with some small cuts or with an open z plasty cut which is the most usual method as it increases the dorsiflexion more.

I don't think there is an alternative method but even if there is, from the moment that the teldon's length changes your gait will never be as strong as it was. And the most you lengthen the more the power decrease it is.

You should have waited at least 6 months from the time you started walking to see the condition of your bf and then see if your last solution was atl.
If I could turned back time I wouldn't have done atl again even I have had a permanent 4-5cm bf for all my life. Thanks God there is at shortening surgery too and most of my tension is back. But not many doctors do it and still it is hard to measure the exact length that your at should have so in a few words: don't let any dr mess with your tendons!

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 02:57:06 AM »

what does bf mean?

strayerprocedure is a different method. you can google it. its hard to explain

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 06:13:51 AM »

As I can see this is a gastrocnemius recession and not an at lengthening.
Yes this procedure has better results than atl although still an 100% consolidation is impossible.
However it is much more preferable than atl.

crimsontide

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 09:42:00 AM »

who the hell would get this surgery after all we've written?

I'm going to be blunt and very ineloquent

atl sucks....    atl should   only be considered if you have 10 cm ballerina after a year  with no  reduction in the contracture

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 10:12:20 AM »

why  is 100% consolidation is impossible?

U only live once

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 10:13:39 AM »

I don't want what is this method you mentioned.
As far as I know tendon can be lengthened percutaneously with some small cuts or with an open z plasty cut which is the most usual method as it increases the dorsiflexion more.

I don't think there is an alternative method but even if there is, from the moment that the teldon's length changes your gait will never be as strong as it was. And the most you lengthen the more the power decrease it is.

You should have waited at least 6 months from the time you started walking to see the condition of your bf and then see if your last solution was atl.
If I could turned back time I wouldn't have done atl again even I have had a permanent 4-5cm bf for all my life. Thanks God there is at shortening surgery too and most of my tension is back. But not many doctors do it and still it is hard to measure the exact length that your at should have so in a few words: don't let any dr mess with your tendons!

Hi Bodybuilder,

Sorry the ignorance , do you when this surgery is normally required?
Aim high

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 11:13:01 AM »

why  is 100% consolidation is impossible?
Because the change in tendon's length alters the biomechanics dramatically and the push off power will decrease permanently.
This procedure you did is better than original atl but still you won't be 100% ok. But you'll be better than if you did original atl.

@Yolo, only as crimsontide said, if you have huge ballerina foot that insists many months after you started walking and pts.
Only there maybe is atl needed. From my experience, less than 1% of people who had LL will have so severe bf but doctors do atl to much more patients than it needs and leave them with permanent deficits.

We've said it again and again, avoid atl at all costs.
I really won't say anything else about that, if someone trusts doctors words and not people who had this surgery then the responsibility is completely theirs.

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 04:29:38 AM »

i just dont understand, why i have so big pain and stiffness, and seemsbi have nerve damage after this surgery. i cant move some toes, i even feel nothing when i touch the skin

ouroboros

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 03:28:27 AM »

Sorry the ignorance , do you when this surgery is normally required?

Ballerina Foot (BF), and Achilles Tendon Lengthening (ATL), are complications from tibia lengthening. I think that is the answer you were looking for.

Dhdhdjuru

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 04:12:28 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance I"m new but what exactly is a ballerina foot? and what if you gain like 7cm and over in the tibia and need the atl surgery like catagni recommends?
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

Frost

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 06:22:57 AM »

ballerina foot is a complication of limb lengthening, essentially your foot starts to do an extreme plantar flexion (like a "ballerina foot"). From what I have read, its important to fix plantar flexion before the consolidation phase.
5'6.5'' lengthened 6.5cm in Volgograd with Dr. Barinov OP: October 25th 2017. 5'9" currently with IM nail. Personally don't recommend doing LL at this clinic.

myloginacct

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 02:48:08 PM »

Ballerina Foot (BF), and Achilles Tendon Lengthening (ATL), are complications from tibia lengthening. I think that is the answer you were looking for.

Is it really specific only to tibia lengthening?

jexus

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 01:09:36 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance I"m new but what exactly is a ballerina foot? and what if you gain like 7cm and over in the tibia and need the atl surgery like catagni recommends?

That depends. I had to do it with 6,5 cm but my friend didn't need it with 7 cm.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)
Pages: [1]   Go Up