Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How severe was the pain for the span of months during and recovering from LL?  (Read 1481 times)

shmv2222

• Visitor

How severe was the pain for the span of months during and recovering from LL surgery?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:54:35 PM by mshv2515 »

DoingItForMe

I suggest reading the numerous diaries on here that go in detail of what you will experience. Pain varies from patient to patient even with the same surgeon and hardware. I think age plays a big role as well as how muscular your legs are - more muscular being worse pain.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Cain1234

• Visitor

How severe was the pain for the span of months during and recovering from LL surgery?

It will mostly depend on your age, flexibility, amount of physio, and lengthening rate.

ibuse

I'm lengthening right now and there are good days and bad days. Turning makes it feel like progress resets on a daily basis. The thing I've noticed is many journals downplay the pain. I think this is because most are going from recall memory during the consolidation phase, when the pain isn't too bad. That or no one wants to come off as being weak in the diaries.

It's painful and will be the hardest thing you'll probably ever do. But it does settle down a bit after the first month. It's still not a joke and if you slack off on physio for even a day, your body will make it even worse.

Body Builder

It is not the same for everyone for sure.

I was almost painless for most my lengthening phase with external monorails on tibias.
But the first days of walking when I started the consolidation phase were difficult due to muscle atrophy and the pins that hurt because my callus formation was weak but after that I was good again.

So LL for me was really nothing special in terms of pain.
The tibia fix surgery I did 3.5 months ago to straighten my right tibia was painful as hell, 10 times more than LL and still hurts me if I walk on stairs or lift heavy things on gym, but nowhere like the first two weeks which were unbearable.

doomsday

BB did you update your diary or create new one?

Body Builder

BB did you update your diary or create new one?
For my last surgery you mean?
I mentioned a few times I did at shortening in both tendons and right tibia straightening but I won't plan to do a diary for that.
Also I don't write in the old forum so I don't updated my old diary.

I'll write a new diary here when I'll do my femur LL.
Till then I can answer anything about at shortening and bone straightening surgeries.

doomsday

Have you got xray before and after getting you tibia fixed? Im asking coz both my tibias had malalignment

Body Builder

Have you got xray before and after getting you tibia fixed? Im asking coz both my tibias had malalignment
Yes, before I had a ct scan and x rays on a standing position.
But after I didn't have dine a ct scan. After 2 months I will.

doomsday

can you poost that x ray?

Knik

For my last surgery you mean?
I mentioned a few times I did at shortening in both tendons and right tibia straightening but I won't plan to do a diary for that.
Also I don't write in the old forum so I don't updated my old diary.

I'll write a new diary here when I'll do my femur LL.
Till then I can answer anything about at shortening and bone straightening surgeries.

how many cm are you planning for femurs ?
Looking for Pili

Body Builder

can you poost that x ray?
I don't know where as I don't have any diary here.
Maybe I'll do a thread for bone straightening surgeries when I have the new ct scan and there people will see the before and after.
Do you have something you want to ask?

Theophilo, about 6-7 cm max.
When I reach a solid 1.80 I won't care anymore about height so about 6cm will be enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up