Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Guichet Claims To Do Tibia Lengthening, So Why No Diaries/Testimonies?  (Read 2103 times)

Jumbo

If I am to ever get limb lengthening, I would opt for quadrilateral lengthening, so I would need a doctor that is skilled at both femoral and tibial lengthening. The recovery time for the Guichet Nail is remarkable, and has really caught my interest. However, I have heard nothing about the efficacy of Guichet's method on tibias. Dr. Guichet is a veteran doctor, who is very trustworthy, so I would have thought that at least one person would have reported having tibia lengthening done by him.
Height: 5'2"
Wingspan: 5'6"

google42

you could go to paley insead who has actually done tibias and femurs. There are diaries of people who've done quadrilateral lengthening with Paley and he is also a veteran. After the stuff that's happened to unicorn I would think twice about going to guichet.

Jumbo

you could go to paley insead who has actually done tibias and femurs. There are diaries of people who've done quadrilateral lengthening with Paley and he is also a veteran. After the stuff that's happened to unicorn I would think twice about going to guichet.
At first, I had wanted to do the surgery with Paley, but not anymore. I have just graduated college and have just gotten a job. I do not want to get this surgery done when I am in my 30s or 40s, when I will miss out on the most important time frame that I need the extra height.  I plan to get this surgery done after a year to 2 years of working from an inexpensive doctor who's not incompetent.   

Body Builder

At first, I had wanted to do the surgery with Paley, but not anymore. I have just graduated college and have just gotten a job. I do not want to get this surgery done when I am in my 30s or 40s, when I will miss out on the most important time frame that I need the extra height.  I plan to get this surgery done after a year to 2 years of working from an inexpensive doctor who's not incompetent.
The inexpensive and trustworthy doctor you mentioned before is Guichet?
Do a better research or good luck with your legs.

Jumbo

The inexpensive and trustworthy doctor you mentioned before is Guichet?
Do a better research or good luck with your legs.
Yikes from the responses I get, it looks like I should remove Guichet from my list of potential doctors...

Jumbo

From the responses I get, it looks like I should remove Guichet from my list of potential doctors...

ouroboros

Sounds like the right decision

LLSouthAmerica

Dr Guichet is not the most expensive solution but also not even close to being cheap. It is true that the recovery time is remarkable, for example, I walked without aid 2 months after surgery. However, the albizzia type nails do not have retrograde function and should you have any problems with consolidation you cannot compress the gap. Internal tibia lengthening takes too long to heal and has higher risk of non union, that's why Guichet doesn't like to do it I think.

Quadrilateral lengthening is riskier for many reasons. My suggestion is to do it in 2 steps. Maybe after the first one, you desist in having the second one. External tibias + internal femurs are the best choices. If you have money and not time do internal femurs, if you have time but not money do external tibias.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

google42

Guichet is not inexpensive. If you got the money for guichet then you can go to other good doctors.

Jumbo

Dr Guichet is not the most expensive solution but also not even close to being cheap. It is true that the recovery time is remarkable, for example, I walked without aid 2 months after surgery. However, the albizzia type nails do not have retrograde function and should you have any problems with consolidation you cannot compress the gap. Internal tibia lengthening takes too long to heal and has higher risk of non union, that's why Guichet doesn't like to do it I think.

Quadrilateral lengthening is riskier for many reasons. My suggestion is to do it in 2 steps. Maybe after the first one, you desist in having the second one. External tibias + internal femurs are the best choices. If you have money and not time do internal femurs, if you have time but not money do external tibias.
Thanks for the advice, I had not considered using different lengthening methods for my femurs and tibias.

Jumbo

Guichet is not inexpensive. If you got the money for guichet then you can go to other good doctors.
I actually do not have the money for anybody at the moment, however, I saw the price range of people such as Rozbruch and Paley, and just assumed that the doctors outside of the USA are inexpensive by comparison. I want cheap and good so I can get this surgery as soon as possible, before I even reach 25.
Pages: [1]   Go Up