Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to lengthen 3 cm using salamehfix (external only approach) time frame  (Read 4226 times)

MirinHeight

What do you think the estimate time frame will be before I get the external fixator off and am walking normally.

height: 179cm
Weight: 180 pounds
Fitness: Very fit (abs almost showing, abs show when flexing ~14% body fat)
Nutrition: Eat a high protein diet (180 grams of protein/day, take multivitamin everyday, drink around 3-4 glasses of milk/day)

I want to be able to take off the external fixator within 5 months and get back to walking normally. Can this be possible?

currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Why u want to lengthen 3cms?

Body Builder

Doing LL for 3cm is ridiculous and means that you don't really want it and you don't know with what you mess around.
So simply don't do LL, you are not a serious candidate for that.

MirinHeight

Doing LL for 3cm is ridiculous and means that you don't really want it and you don't know with what you mess around.

everybody has different goals.
just because I don't want to increase my height by an additional 2 cm doesn't mean that I shouldn't do the surgery.
What if me being 3 cm taller makes me happy?

LLSouthAmerica

everybody has different goals.
just because I don't want to increase my height by an additional 2 cm doesn't mean that I shouldn't do the surgery.
What if me being 3 cm taller makes me happy?

You are already tall at 179 cm, and 3 cm is barely noticeable and achievable wearing 5 cm lifts (only a little bit taller shoes). You are willing to break your legs, endanger your life and permanently compromise your Athletics abilities for such a little gain. Everybody now thinks this is an easy surgery and that you can change your height as easy as you change clothes but it's not like that. You could die for nothing.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

MirinHeight

You are already tall at 179 cm, and 3 cm is barely noticeable and achievable wearing 5 cm lifts (only a little bit taller shoes). You are willing to break your legs, endanger your life and permanently compromise your Athletics abilities for such a little gain. Everybody now thinks this is an easy surgery and that you can change your height as easy as you change clothes but it's not like that. You could die for nothing.

1. I don't wear lifts
2. 3 cm is not a lot and will not take away from my athletic ability by much. And I don't even play any sports, Im willing to let go of 10% of my athletic ability for 3 cm gain.
3. As far as I know nobody has died from cll performed by a respected surgeon unless they had a serious pre-existing condition.
4. I am gaining very little where my nerves/muscles will not be affected as much as some others who have lengthened a lot
5. External fixation technique is a lot safer than internal medullary techniques. No case of fat embolism.

This forum highly discourages people of average height to perform this surgery, but we suffer from the same thing. Height Dysphoria. Everybody in my family is taller than me (6'+), and every case is personal.

You are on this forum. You did this surgery or are going to do it in the future.
Is your life less valuable than mine because I am taller than you? My response to "You could die from this surgery"

LLSouthAmerica

1. You should if such a small amount as 3 cm makes a difference to you
2. Exactly, 3 cm is not a lot and if you only want to lengthen that amount your height doesn't bother you as much. You can't know how much of your athletic ability you are letting go of.
3. It is still a risky procedure because of many reasons.
4. That is true but again nobody with a true Height Dysphoria would only lengthen 3 cm. What would most likely happen is that you would realise it is a small gain, that it hasn't made a true difference and you would do the surgery again.
5. Fat embolism is rare. For such a small amount external would be better of course. Overall there is more stiffness and muscle damage with external but for such a small amount I doubt it will come to that point. It would be stupid to do internal femur for only 3 cm.

This forum should discourage all from doing the surgery, but especially in dangerous cases (female, Asian, old age) and also in people where it will most likely not be a true benefit (taller than average, small gain). If you suffer from real Height Dysphoria and every person in your family is taller than you. 3 cm is NOT going to be a big difference, you will be disappointed.

I did this surgery because objectively I'm far from average and also did the max amount I believed would be safe. If I wanted 3 cm more I would just wear lifts and not break my legs for such a small amount. I really wonder whether there is a doctor that would do the procedure on you but then again as long as you pay...
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Bander72

1. You should if such a small amount as 3 cm makes a difference to you
2. Exactly, 3 cm is not a lot and if you only want to lengthen that amount your height doesn't bother you as much. You can't know how much of your athletic ability you are letting go of.
3. It is still a risky procedure because of many reasons.
4. That is true but again nobody with a true Height Dysphoria would only lengthen 3 cm. What would most likely happen is that you would realise it is a small gain, that it hasn't made a true difference and you would do the surgery again.
5. Fat embolism is rare. For such a small amount external would be better of course. Overall there is more stiffness and muscle damage with external but for such a small amount I doubt it will come to that point. It would be stupid to do internal femur for only 3 cm.

This forum should discourage all from doing the surgery, but especially in dangerous cases (female, Asian, old age) and also in people where it will most likely not be a true benefit (taller than average, small gain). If you suffer from real Height Dysphoria and every person in your family is taller than you. 3 cm is NOT going to be a big difference, you will be disappointed.

I did this surgery because objectively I'm far from average and also did the max amount I believed would be safe. If I wanted 3 cm more I would just wear lifts and not break my legs for such a small amount. I really wonder whether there is a doctor that would do the procedure on you but then again as long as you pay...

Oh there is doctors that will gladly do it. And probably be happy that they dont have to deal with him too much.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

biggerdreams

Agree. Waste of money, time, risk.

MirinHeight

Oh there is doctors that will gladly do it. And probably be happy that they dont have to deal with him too much.

your 175 cm your goal is 180 cm and you wanna be 186 cm with shoes and lifts.

You got room to talk lol

Bander72

your 175 cm your goal is 180 cm and you wanna be 186 cm with shoes and lifts.
You got room to talk lol

I was not critizing your decision although it is ridiculous. I was saying that there plenty of doctors that will do since your money will be the same as anyone elses. And yes my dream height is 186 but to get there I would need to lengthen both tibia and femurs or do as I plan. I dont see the crazynees in doing 5 cm and then using lifts. Perhaps in the future I decide on a second one but as you mentioned safety is important which is why I plan on doing  5 cm on tibia and go from there.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

YourSpaceBoyfriend

This forum highly discourages people of average height to perform this surgery, but we suffer from the same thing. Height Dysphoria. Everybody in my family is taller than me (6'+), and every case is personal.

Funny. I personally noticed that short people don't bitch about "height dysphoria" that much as average guys do.

But whatever, next person on this forum to just start  storm but still won't do that surgery.

goodlucktomylegs

Please do 4.5 cm this is value for sacrifice
being 183.5 cm= 6 feet
182 is still short for this starting height

TIBIKE200

Please do 4.5 cm this is value for sacrifice
being 183.5 cm= 6 feet
182 is still short for this starting height

What? 179 is tallish, 182 is tall and 183.5 is tall. If he wants 3 cm let him. He doesn't own anyone here justification.

3cm is a well conservative goal and will also be noticeable for him.
I learned some stuff during this time

MirinHeight

What? 179 is tallish, 182 is tall and 183.5 is tall. If he wants 3 cm let him. He doesn't own anyone here justification.

thanks man. I appreciate it  :)

google42

At least go for 5cm so you don't regret it.

Body Builder

3cm means that someone thinks that LL is a game and can easily do it to add just a few cms that noone will notice. For sure he can't understand the risks otherwise he wouldn't mess with that for such a tiny increase.
No sane person would do such an extreme surgery for anything less than 5cm.

MirinHeight

3cm means that someone thinks that LL is a game and can easily do it to add just a few cms that noone will notice. For sure he can't understand the risks otherwise he wouldn't mess with that for such a tiny increase.
No sane person would do such an extreme surgery for anything less than 5cm.

but you still are not understanding the point.

5 cm to someone that is 170 cm might give him the same level of happiness
that
3 cm can give to someone who is 179 cm

So me doing only 3 cm does not mean I am insane, and you are sane
different starting heights, with different goals in mind, different reasons for doing the surgery.  It is relative to the person who is doing the surgery. I understand the risks more than 99% of you on here after reading some diaries and posts. I've actually done my own research on this topic, and have not relied on anything this forum posts and I am a critic of everything on here. I use my own resources. Most people come on here and read this forum and decide which surgeons to choose, how much to lengthen, which method to use for highest safety. The fact that I am not trusting any of the postings on here (although most are true) and using my own knowledge and research alone shows that I am serious about this surgery and am not taking it lightly.

So don't judge me for lengthening how much I want to lengthen.
Don't judge me because of my starting heigh.
Everybody has a different story, and it will be best if you just focus on yours.

Furthermore, that wasn't the reason I posted this thread. Everybody has their own demons they are fighting, so stop using your own insecurities of height to dissuade people of average height from doing this surgery.

Hope you have a great day.

Body Builder

that

different starting heights, with different goals in mind, different reasons for doing the surgery.  It is relative to the person who is doing the surgery. I understand the risks more than 99% of you on here after reading some diaries and posts. I've actually done my own research on this topic, and have not relied on anything this forum posts and I am a critic of everything on here. I use my own resources. Most people come on here and read this forum and decide which surgeons to choose, how much to lengthen, which method to use for highest safety. The fact that I am not trusting any of the postings on here (although most are true) and using my own knowledge and research alone shows that I am serious about this surgery and am not taking it lightly.

Everybody has a different story, and it will be best if you just focus on yours.

Furthermore, that wasn't the reason I posted this thread. Everybody has their own demons they are fighting, so stop using your own insecurities of height to dissuade people of average height from doing this surgery.

I didn't focused on your starting height.
But with your logic, if you were 1.82 it would have been normal to lengthen 1cm just to be 1.83 (6ft).
And guess what, it is not as it is not sane to do 3cm, no matter what your starting height is.

So stop telling lies about me and average height people because I never judged why you do LL at your height.
I only said that LL is not a game and someone who just wants tiny amounts like you in reality does not know what LL is about and is insane to risk for almost nothing.
The legs are yours and you can do even 0.5cm lengthening if you want.
But as a veteral LL'er who knows the risks and difficulties of this procedure I can say my opinion and this is that no sane person would break his legs for 1 inch.
If you think that you can fight your own "demons" with adding 3cm, then do it. But if something goes wrong, then I don't think you can justify all these in your mind and then the "demons" would become bigger.

TIBIKE200

that

im curious. To what conclusions have you arrived after researching?
I learned some stuff during this time

cookie

• Visitor

why is it dangerous for females or asian?

MirinHeight

im curious. To what conclusions have you arrived after researching?

a lot of people on here seem to think internal femurs are safer than external tibias.

Along with all the risks I discussed in this post with internal femur nailing technique,
it also changes the mechanical axis and will change your gait if you lengthen too much. And most people on here want to lengthen ~7 cm on femurs.

MirinHeight

why is it dangerous for females or asian?

research shows Asian females are more likely to get osteoporosis as well.
It all has to do with bone density. And Asian people have lower bone density than Caucasian. Furthermore females have lower bone density than males.

Great question.

onemorefoot

I know Many folks have already wrote that you should use lifts for 3 cm, this surgery is just too much for 3 cm, why not 5? Risks stay at the same level, I agree that show lifts are really problematic but the surgery can be more , at your height It even doesnt worth It that much conpared to below average height people, but is your choice.
Budget will determine my future.

MirinHeight

I know Many folks have already wrote that you should use lifts for 3 cm, this surgery is just too much for 3 cm, why not 5? Risks stay at the same level, I agree that show lifts are really problematic but the surgery can be more , at your height It even doesnt worth It that much conpared to below average height people, but is your choice.

You can easily tell when someone is wearing 3 cm shoe lifts.
The only shoe lift you can't really tell from is 0.5 inch(1.25 cm) shoe lifts.
I wear those when I dress up with dress shoes.

MirinHeight

I am 179 cm with a 6'1-6'2 wingspan and I wear 30 inch inseam....

onemorefoot

I am 179 cm with a 6'1-6'2 wingspan and I wear 30 inch inseam....
You have long arms or maybe Big shoulders, which is good, your legs are not short, are just a little but in the normal zone, you can add easily height without looking like my Friend Apo, imagine, my wingspan are 175 cm And I am 175 cm, freaking life.

MirinHeight

You have long arms or maybe Big shoulders, which is good, your legs are not short, are just a little but in the normal zone, you can add easily height without looking like my Friend Apo, imagine, my wingspan are 175 cm And I am 175 cm, freaking life.

sometimes I think I should just do 4 cm internal femurs with Dr. Rozbruch
and 2.5 cm external tibias

to reach 185.5 cm, but then I think of the risks associated with internal femurs.

That would be ideal height for me and it would fit my proportions perfectly. I have long arms. My shoulders are normal sized but look wider because I work them out a lot.

Many people have noticed I have shorter legs for my body. I have a long torso and long arms

onemorefoot

Yes Internal methods are very risky, but maybe doing It in eso stages would be ideal.

cookie

• Visitor

How does bone density correlate to LL?
Thanks

MirinHeight

How does bone density correlate to LL?
Thanks

bones with low bone density are more fragile and more likely to break, (also higher chances of osteoporosis)

bone density is directly related to how many grams of calcium and bone minerals are in the bone.

Therefore, possible risks if you have low bone density:
re-fracture of the bone
longer consolidation time
higher chance of non-union if your bone density is very very low

What I would do if you have low bone density is the following before surgery:
- Buy something called bone broth and take that. Has a lot of essential things needed for bone health.
- quit smoking if you smoke
- maintain a healthy diet with adequate calcium and vitamin d

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up