Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Share Your Experience Of Hiding Your Limb Lengthening Surgery  (Read 11844 times)

biggerdreams

Re: Share Your Experience Of Hiding Your Limb Lengthening Surgery
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2017, 11:10:11 PM »

Sure. Fellow lengtheners range from members of LL Forum to people I have met in Florida and New York in person. Most doctors ask me why I did it, but still react initially in a professional manner. The only medical personnel who seem perturbed by it are young female nurses. I've seen them overhear conversations through open doors in the hospital and the look on their faces is a clear indication they think I am a weirdo for doing it....

3 inches is a lot of difference for people not to notice! But in other news, I met with a very short girl friend and she didn't notice I had the surgery, maybe because the difference between us was always big. Afterwards, I told her the truth and she said I'm walking normally and don't seem like I had surgery!!!

I read a lot on the forums from you guys or other members that they haven't tried running or hard jumping etc. How do you hide this from people? I feel like at least once a month I'm expected to keep up with others or even job to keep pace while traveling or other activities.

Body Builder

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2017, 01:16:52 AM »

I read a lot on the forums from you guys or other members that they haven't tried running or hard jumping etc. How do you hide this from people? I feel like at least once a month I'm expected to keep up with others or even job to keep pace while traveling or other activities.
Hide from people that we can't run fast?
You use to run with other people in your every day life?

If you don't limp, noone will see anything weird on you even if you can't run fast or jump high etc. In your everyday routine (work, going out etc) you just walk or stand, nothing more. And even if some of the people you know (friends, coleagues) invite you in sports or something like that, you could say that you don't play sports due to a past injury on knees or achilles tendon etc.
At least that's what I always said and never had a problem nor anyone understood that I did something like LL.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 02:43:20 AM »

I don't usually parkour with my friends.
Never had to run at all in university.
At least I can walk really fast.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

biggerdreams

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 05:43:33 AM »

Hide from people that we can't run fast?
You use to run with other people in your every day life?

If you don't limp, noone will see anything weird on you even if you can't run fast or jump high etc. In your everyday routine (work, going out etc) you just walk or stand, nothing more. And even if some of the people you know (friends, coleagues) invite you in sports or something like that, you could say that you don't play sports due to a past injury on knees or achilles tendon etc.
At least that's what I always said and never had a problem nor anyone understood that I did something like LL.

Let's say you're in an airport and you need to run to make it to your gate because of a delayed connecting flight. You're with a couple friends, what do you do? Do you just miss the flight? This has happened to me on a handful of occasions in the last couple years.

biggerdreams

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2017, 05:44:28 AM »

I don't usually parkour with my friends.
Never had to run at all in university.
At least I can walk really fast.

Do you find yourself being late more often since you can't run to make up a little time? Or do you just find yourself leaving more early?

If the latter is the case then I guess LL has forced good habits on you haha.

MirinHeight

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2017, 07:08:51 AM »

thats why I am doing only 3-3.5 cm :)
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

helloworld

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »

The fact that you appear taller to people does not mean they will suspect anything like a LL.
For example, my sister told me that I different, that she did not know how, but somehow I looked taller. Then she saw me in shorts on the beach, and saw me play soccer, but still did not notice anything.

So what is my strategy:
1. have some lifts before doing LL to get people already acustomer to new height
2. while walking on crutches and walking frame, just bend downward
3. as soon as walking and meeting people for the first time, use shoes with no heel:
https://invitacion.privalia.com/60912010/?provider=desktop:nm:sem:shopping:google.com:leads.desktop:Vibram_Fivefingers-Sport-cI291220cF:na_na_cpc_shopping_es&gclid=CjwKCAjwtdbLBRALEiwAm8pA5WcrRsJxoA8Fu-n6yNWq786Rhb2ZxlamNYKFoXPLqvengAtQhjVB-xoC5skQAvD_BwE

4. when you have normal shoes on, sit down or lean against the wall

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2017, 11:16:30 AM »

Let's say you're in an airport and you need to run to make it to your gate because of a delayed connecting flight. You're with a couple friends, what do you do? Do you just miss the flight? This has happened to me on a handful of occasions in the last couple years.
I never used to run on the airport or anywhere. I always go a little sooner to be sure, not only now but even before LL.
I can walk relatively fast and this is ok for most instances. I could also run but not fast although after at shortening I'm sure I could run faster.

Anyway, people don't think that you have LL because you don't run fast or you don't jump high and all these.
Moat of the people doesn't even know LL exists so anyone who is very anxious of getting caught is just paranoid.

biggerdreams

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2017, 04:29:26 AM »

Maybe I have a totally different lifestyle. I find myself in a rush a lot because I keep a very busy schedule. Perhaps I'll have to slow things down a little.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2017, 03:04:44 AM »

Do you find yourself being late more often since you can't run to make up a little time? Or do you just find yourself leaving more early?

If the latter is the case then I guess LL has forced good habits on you haha.

I do take taxis more often than before. Maybe until 6 months post op. I'm afraid someone might push me.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

biggerdreams

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2017, 05:36:06 AM »

I do take taxis more often than before. Maybe until 6 months post op. I'm afraid someone might push me.

Is there any other fears now in crowds or around a busy areas even now far post op?

Cain1234

• Visitor
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2017, 05:21:16 PM »

For those who did ll , did you get rid of shoe lifts after your journey?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2017, 06:25:31 PM »

Is there any other fears now in crowds or around a busy areas even now far post op?

Just because I'm allowed to do everything doesn't mean I'm immune to falls, and in my country people are not particularly considerate with other people, which is why before I went out with one crutch even while walking normally so people would know to stay away from me.

For those who did ll , did you get rid of shoe lifts after your journey?

I wear it less often than before. I find them more uncomfortable after LL.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up