Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Share Your Experience Of Hiding Your Limb Lengthening Surgery  (Read 11825 times)

Jumbo

At the moment, I do not have any money which makes limb lengthening not an option for me, but when the time comes that I do have the money for this surgery, I do not plan to tell a single soul.

For those who have had limb lengthening surgery, or are about to have limb lengthening surgery, please share your experience of trying to hide the fact that you are about to or had the surgery done.

I understand that some people do not try to hide it, and some only try to hide it from some people and not all, but regardless of your situation, please share it.

Hiding the fact that you are about to get the surgery done seems just as hard as hiding the fact that you actually got the surgery done, with the expenses, the extensive absence, the time off, etc.

Lastly, for those who have successfully hid the fact that they have had the surgery from their family, please share!

I need to know exactly what I will be getting into.
Height: 5'2"
Wingspan: 5'6"

onemorefoot

Re: Share Your Experience Of Hiding Your Limb Lengthening Surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:24:28 PM »

You cant hide the obvious, if people see you very tall after a time at 30 years, you have to live with idiots to hide It, maybe if you use some lifts, you can hide a little the fact, but I tell you again is very difficult.
Budget will determine my future.

biggerdreams

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:47:24 PM »

Following.

You cant hide the obvious, if people see you very tall after a time at 30 years, you have to live with idiots to hide It, maybe if you use some lifts, you can hide a little the fact, but I tell you again is very difficult.

Have you had LL? I'm interested to hear actual stories of people who have gone through it. You're right it will be hard to hide it but maybe you can ease people into the idea by slouching at first? Not sure how probable that would be.

As for myself, I have told only a handful of people I was thinking about it years ago, but now within months of going through with it, I've only told my brother. Everyone else I'll try to hide it from. I live a pretty secluded life and I travel very often so the absence won't be hard but seeing people that knew me well after will be interesting.

Jumbo

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 10:02:12 PM »

I suffer from severe stunted growth due to a certain medical condition. I could possibly owe my sudden jump in height to this condition, and hide it that way.

ShortLivesMatter

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 11:11:57 PM »

You can tell them you have a bowed(bent) legs deformity and had surgery to get them straightened which added an extra couple of CMs once they were straightened. You also had terrible posture and gotten that fixed as well  :P.

limby101

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 11:47:34 PM »

i think saying that u had a leg deformity (like bowed legs) as an explanation to heightening... that may seem reasonable, but it makes me wonder, why not just say a person had a stunted growth due to a medical condition, thus he made he limb lengthening.
both are medical conditions that results in a short stature, i dont see a reason to be ashamed of it or needing to hide it.
but i can understand those who feel they need to hide it, still..

Jumbo

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 12:33:29 AM »

i think saying that u had a leg deformity (like bowed legs) as an explanation to heightening... that may seem reasonable, but it makes me wonder, why not just say a person had a stunted growth due to a medical condition, thus he made he limb lengthening.
both are medical conditions that results in a short stature, i dont see a reason to be ashamed of it or needing to hide it.
but i can understand those who feel they need to hide it, still..

Imagine if your parents or family members found out about this, they likely will not say it, but deep down they'll think that you lack any and all self confidence.

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 12:52:29 AM »

No, Guy, I havent had LL, but I answer according to the experiences of the people Who have had LL

google42

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 01:34:45 AM »

Imagine if your parents or family members found out about this, they likely will not say it, but deep down they'll think that you lack any and all self confidence.
Even if they do find out I think they might be accepting if actually short. Do you think your parents know a surgery to get taller even exists? Probably not.

biggerdreams

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 02:06:31 AM »

If anything my family can't fathom why I want LL because I have displayed a lot of confidence. They're really confused as to why I want it because the height really hasn't held me back from anything.

I really hope people that have had LL can chime in so we can hear actual stories.

ShortLivesMatter

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 03:11:19 AM »

Well, explaining that having bowed legs deformity causes you knee pain and can lead to arthritis later on so getting surgery to straighten them and getting some extra CMs as a side effect sounds pretty normal. It sounds like a necessary procedure for a better quality of life. People are a lot less likely to think twice about it as opposed to saying you had stunted growth and got limb lengthening.

Jumbo

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 03:45:11 AM »

If anything my family can't fathom why I want LL because I have displayed a lot of confidence.
I haven't told my family that I want leg lengthening, but my family would feel the same way. I have never complained about being short or indicated in any way that I hate my height, so if all of a sudden I brought this procedure, everybody I know would have a completely different view of me.

Jumbo

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 03:48:23 AM »

I haven't told my family that I want leg lengthening, but my family would feel the same way. I have never complained about being short or indicated in any way that I hate my height, so if all of a sudden I brought this procedure, everybody I know would have a completely different view of me.
That is actually not what I had in mind. I plan on completely hiding the fact that I had the surgery, simply hiding the reason that I had the surgery is not enough. My medical condition caused me to be extremely short, so I do not think it would be unfathomable that the same medical condition is the cause of a massive growth spurt in my very early 20s.

biggerdreams

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 04:01:31 AM »

That is actually not what I had in mind. I plan on completely hiding the fact that I had the surgery, simply hiding the reason that I had the surgery is not enough. My medical condition caused me to be extremely short, so I do not think it would be unfathomable that the same medical condition is the cause of a massive growth spurt in my very early 20s.

Yeah, you have a plausible excuse because of your circumstance and your age.

If at last resort I'll tell everyone I did some ancient stretching techniques with an ancient tribe of monks in the mountains of Tibet. This actually wouldn't be that unbelievable given my past with traveling to exotic places. I almost want to try this to see how gullible people are haha

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 04:12:29 AM »

People will notice. If they don't, you did the surgery for nothing. Even after wearing 5 cm shoes + 1 cm insole, I look much taller after lengthening and my friends have told me that.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Jumbo

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 04:59:55 AM »

People will notice. If they don't, you did the surgery for nothing. Even after wearing 5 cm shoes + 1 cm insole, I look much taller after lengthening and my friends have told me that.
But do they know that you had the surgery, or did you have a good explanation for your height growth that allowed you to conceal the fact?

jojo

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 06:42:21 AM »

If you using lift shoes now.
And Then stop using lift shoes when you had LL
Im not sure People will know.

Also it depends if you do 4-6 cm or 7-10 cm i guss
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:24:37 AM by jojo »

biggerdreams

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 07:03:31 AM »

There will be people who notice and people who will not notice, depending on how much you lengthen.

Lord Vader

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »

The whole point of doing LL is to be noticeably taller than you were. Unless you live among the blind and daft, anyone will notice a significant height increase. If you aren't planning to have a significant height increase, why bother doing LL? You're welcome.
6" 4' LL veteran.
"Be careful not to choke on your aspirations"

jojo

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »

@lord vader.
 What did you tell People Then

YungGud

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »

If u make it until you turn to 25 ,than better to say it was natural growth
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

jojo

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »

Had Anyone done 4-5 in here?

I Think its totally fine to tell People you did LL if you is kind of short
Just dont Care. Its 2017.

Jack1066

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »

It's 2017 and people are still judgy as fk haha.

If I get this surgery before 25 I will definitely try to pass it off as natural growth if possible. But if not, I'll own it. I think a lot of people will get it even if they don't agree

jojo

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »

True. Haha
For me personal i Will try do it at 29.
4 years.

Right now i waer pretty tall shoes.
So if i do 5 cm and have flat shoes im not sure People Will notice But Whatever

biggerdreams

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 05:11:42 PM »

The whole point of doing LL is to be noticeably taller than you were. Unless you live among the blind and daft, anyone will notice a significant height increase. If you aren't planning to have a significant height increase, why bother doing LL? You're welcome.

As much as we'd like to think we are the center of the universe, most people do pay that much attention to us. Yes people will notice but most people won't unless lengthened significantly.

I wear 7cm lifts pretty much all the time and only one person has commented on my height, which was my sister. I think a height changes matters most for first impressions.

onemorefoot

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 05:39:11 PM »

As much as we'd like to think we are the center of the universe, most people do pay that much attention to us. Yes people will notice but most people won't unless lengthened significantly.

I wear 7cm lifts pretty much all the time and only one person has commented on my height, which was my sister. I think a height changes matters most for first impressions.
Can you walk well with 7 cm lifts which I know are 4 plus the normal insole? Which brand do you wear?

Jumbo

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 05:40:33 PM »

I have no problem with people noticing that I had a significant height increase, but I have a problem with people discovering that my height increase came as a result of paying thousands of dollars for an invasive surgery. I want people to believe that the height I gained was natural. To conceal this, I'm thinking that one could probably wear lifts and increase them by like a cm or so every couple of months or so, so it looks like you were already growing.

Jumbo

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 05:41:03 PM »

I have no problem with people noticing that I had a significant height increase, but I have a problem with people discovering that my height increase came as a result of paying thousands of dollars for an invasive surgery. I want people to believe that the height I gained was natural. To conceal this, I'm thinking that one could probably wear lifts and increase them by like a cm or so every 6 months or so, so it looks like you were already growing.

biggerdreams

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »

Can you walk well with 7 cm lifts which I know are 4 plus the normal insole? Which brand do you wear?

Yes as long as you wear a higher shoe like a boot that will support your ankle. I can even run decently fast with them. Women wear more than twice that with heels so why can't we haha.

Not sure on brand as I got it quite a while ago.

biggerdreams

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »

I have no problem with people noticing that I had a significant height increase, but I have a problem with people discovering that my height increase came as a result of paying thousands of dollars for an invasive surgery. I want people to believe that the height I gained was natural. To conceal this, I'm thinking that one could probably wear lifts and increase them by like a cm or so every couple of months or so, so it looks like you were already growing.
the problem with this is that at some point you still have to take off your shoes. People will get reacquainted with your real height, mentally, so there's that aspect

onemorefoot

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2017, 06:38:08 PM »

Yes as long as you wear a higher shoe like a boot that will support your ankle. I can even run decently fast with them. Women wear more than twice that with heels so why can't we haha.

Not sure on brand as I got it quite a while ago.
For me is difficult, I dont feel stability, but just un my right leg, dont know why
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up