Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice needed!  (Read 1849 times)

czvw

Advice needed!
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:39:53 AM »

Hello dear beloved forum!
Im planning to do this surgery as im pretty short( 1,60 m tall) but i do have a few questions and i would appreciate if you guys could answer.

Im 21 years old, still in college, finishing my degree. I can take a break for about one year. Is this the best period to do this procedure?

Also, i dont know if its the best, but i would like to do 8 cm on my tibia. Is this the best option? With 1,68 height, will i notice a big difference in my life?

Which doctor would you guys recommend for this procedure? Im from brazil, but i guess there are not many good doctors around here.

How long would it take? I know it varies from person to person, but in average how much time? I dont know if it influences in anything but im an asian.

Thanks for your timee!

guichethope

Re: Advice needed!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:48:35 AM »

hi . First i understand why you want to do this but ....You must be aware that you may  feel short even  after the process . I don't know the height standard in your country but it's still a possibility . 8 is a huge difference . But in the tibia it's no really . In the femur at least but in tibs ....

czvw

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »

lol thanks. Also, i heard from this site. http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/05/19/limb-lengthening-surgery-increasingly-popular-vertically-challenged/
That when done with a reputable doctor, this surgery is completely safe. I wonder if thats true.

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 11:35:24 AM »

lol thanks. Also, i heard from this site. http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/05/19/limb-lengthening-surgery-increasingly-popular-vertically-challenged/
That when done with a reputable doctor, this surgery is completely safe. I wonder if thats true.
No it's not.
After LL noone is the same as before. Most of the people will not have infections or major misalignments with reputable doctors but still the change in biimechanics is enoughnto never be like before, especially if you lenthen much.
But anyone who does LL should compare these drawbacks to how much he needs this surgery and to the right choice.
At your height I would have been willing to take the risks no matter what. The same I did at my 5.65 initial height when I was willing to do LL whatever it takes.

But no, 8cm in tibias is way too much. Your biomechanics will be off, you are going to have major ballerina foot which most probably wouldn't go away without achilles tendon lengthening (which is a disastrous surgery) and your proportions will be really bad.
Do 6.5 cm max at tibias as there is no real difference between an 1.66,5 man and an 1.68 one and it is much better to be the first with great working feet and better proportions that a crippled second one who may not even walk normal. And yes, I believe that becoming these heights from 1.60 will help you a lot as you'll become normally short from terribly short.

czvw

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »

Thanks bodybulder! I really like your opinions. Btw which doctors do you recommend?

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 01:01:02 PM »

Thanks bodybulder! I really like your opinions. Btw which doctors do you recommend?
I am from europe so I know nothing about doctors in s. America.
If money are not a problem then I would even recommend internal femurs with Paley or Rozbruch.
But if your budget is strict, I would travel to Italy for Catagni-Pili for external only tibias which will cost less than 20k euros with maybe the best doctor in thr world in Ilizarov.
I'd never consider India or any other third world country.

Tell us a little more about your budget and we can help more.
And thank you for your kind words.

czvw

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 05:28:53 PM »

Well, i got the money to do with any of the doctors. But of course, if it is the same result, i would prefer to pay less haha. Also, i think i would look better if my limbs got straightened. Why are you recommending internal femurs?

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »

Well, i got the money to do with any of the doctors. But of course, if it is the same result, i would prefer to pay less haha. Also, i think i would look better if my limbs got straightened. Why are you recommending internal femurs?
Because the risks are less. Lengthening tibias if not been done with hexapods will almost definitely cause misalignments and you'll have to wait about a year to remove fixators while with internal femurs you can lengthen more and walk unaided much sooner.

Tibias with hexapod may have a better longterm results and tibia lengthening is better aesthetically but internal femurs make everything easier and faster so if money are not a problem, go to Rozbruch, gain 7cm and consider it a day.
And you can always go for a second round in tibias if you are not ok with your height.

czvw

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »

I see, does Pili uses hexapod?

I really want to do this surgery, but i dont want to spend that much money. Im willing to do externals with pili, since is not so expensive.

czvw

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 02:56:28 PM »

also how long it would to walk unaided with both methods?

biggerdreams

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 05:06:59 AM »

also how long it would to walk unaided with both methods?

For 8cm tibia you're looking at about 1 year before you're done +/- a couple months.

James24

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 03:17:18 PM »

Yeah Body Builder's right..

8 cm on your tibias is like suicide that'll last a lifetime..

Max, go for 6.5 cm on tibs, Although there are risks..

Internal femurs are what my surgeon suggested me..
You could also visit the surgeon, they take a look at your body statistics and determine which way is best for you..
Although becareful, in s. america, most doctors would lie just for the money ...

Rozbruch or Paley are top-notch excellent doctors, but that doesn't mean that the procedure is 100% safe..

there IS a chance of risk wherever in the world you go, And with whomever you do the surgery with, You will never feel the same before.. (judging by what others say) You'll have trouble trying to balance yourself out, and the slight pain

other than that, You're good to go :)

Oh and yeah, 160 to 168 could do a lot for you..

it's like me going from 169.5 cm to 177.5 cm..
That'd be so freaking awesome..

168 is a perfect gain from 160 :)

Wish you the best amigo
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

llendpoint

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 06:19:16 PM »

With your height it might be worth considering lenghtening both leg segments, each one less than you planned on one single segment. That way you get way more out of it.

Are your proportions that good that lenghtening either femurs or tibias would be fine?
Before using this forum I thoughts so. Maybe you would need two segments to adjust it so it loks good.

What changed everything was when I did mock-ups. This revealed all options and outcomes.
It's definitely worth reading a full day into all the options here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up