Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How's this even worth it ?  (Read 2726 times)

saifi

• Visitor
How's this even worth it ?
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:47:02 PM »

I'm a pretty short guy and I seem to get shorter every time I measure  >:(  I measured myself somewhere around 5'5 and a couple of  days ago I measured in a better way by first marking the measurements on the wall and then bringing down a support till my head anyways I got 64" once , 64.5" once and sometimes a little above those and a little below. I'm pretty fu##ing sure I ain't even 5'5.

I can do it seriously afford the best doctors pay for it by myself but how's it even worth it for guys like me who genuinely need it when we need to do it at least twice to get okayish proportions and stay relatively risk free.
I thought about doing 5 on my tibs and 5 on my femur (to get me to at least 5'8 - trust me I'd be a happy motherfu#### then) be the in any order I don't care.

But what I seem to be reading on this forum gives me the impression that after an ll surgery it'll be at least 3 years before I can be anywhere near my previous health and start walking absolutely normally.

Seriously guys that's all I want to get a little taller and just f%%$ing walk normally after that , oh yeah and become a gym freak too  8) cause let's be serious the only thing that's stopping me to go to the gym is my f%%king dwarf like stature.

so 6 years for gaining 4 inches ? tell me what do you think about all this guys and for those who have done it inspire me please I beg  you (but just don't lie to me ).

Really at a low point in my life right now and no I'm not doing this to get girls I just want to look better.

What freaks me even more is guys get complications way after they're done consolidating , cause you know why wouldn't you , you just fu%%ed with your legs  :-\

Interested

• Visitor
Re: How's this even worth it ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »

Hi Saifi, i'm interested in this topic: you said you are not doing that for girls but just to look better. Seriously, my point is that men do that either for girls or to get more respect from other men. So tell me the truth, this is for girls right?

saifi

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »

Tbh it's to make myself better I would feel good about myself if I was a little taller and jacked rather than being a bulky dwarf. And yeah girls although can be a part of my motivation I'm basically doing this so that I can be physically stronger. I just hate it when people don't take me seriously because of how short I am. Becoming taller has a LOT of benefits in society not just with girls.

So no I'm not doing this to get girls.

yyes

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 05:13:04 PM »

Tbh it's to make myself better I would feel good about myself if I was a little taller and jacked rather than being a bulky dwarf. And yeah girls although can be a part of my motivation I'm basically doing this so that I can be physically stronger. I just hate it when people don't take me seriously because of how short I am. Becoming taller has a LOT of benefits in society not just with girls.

So no I'm not doing this to get girls.

I don't think you need to wait that long for multiple surgeries. Specially if you do precise internals

saifi

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 05:34:28 PM »

The two gentlemen who have their experiences posted about their surgery with a very competent and renowned doctor scare me a lot tbh. I mean they report not getting back healthy completely even after 3 years from their surgery.

Just for reference my idea of healthy is if I can walk and do most exercises without limping and my walk is completely normal no matter for how long a distance I go and my idea of acceptable disadvantages of ll would be not being able to run as fast as before or having degraded agility or having less stability but starting to limp after walking a couple of miles or walking funny even after a year post the surgery date just makes me sad.

I hope you guys can prove me wrong but I think a lot changes after an ll surgery , I won't be sitting the same or that I would walk funny after I have been standing for a long time in one position. I just have a lot of anxiety related to this surgery and I think the downtime is underestimated.

A year given to full recovery(80-90 whatever % I'm not bothered about power regained but more about proper function).
I want to get two surgeries in the span of two years or 3 years at worst.

Basically what I believe is after an ll surgery one would need at least one year for everything to repair relatively and an year more after that to start functioning properly and becoming healthier gradually and one last year to strengthen the legs more so that another surgery may be performed that's a total of 3 years per surgery.
Am I being a total nut job thinking that our body need this much time to recover from such a major surgery  ??? ?(no sarcasm their I just really underestimate our body's healing capacity).
I remember once guessing and telling a friend that if we break a bone we need at least a year to recover properly and to which he said the bone fuses in a matter of 2 or more months and a healthy person would need anywhere between 4-6 months to get back his strength in the bones.

So if that's the case with a fracture won't it take much much much longer when we are freaking lengthening it too?

Sibirsky

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 05:40:06 PM »

But what I seem to be reading on this forum gives me the impression that after an ll surgery it'll be at least 3 years before I can be anywhere near my previous health and start walking absolutely normally.

Walking normally and being at your previous state of health are 2 completely different things, with completely different outomes.

You can walk normally within 2 months. In my case, I lengthened more than 3 inches, at rates of up to 2.0 mm a day and as unsafe as it may seem, I walked absolutely normally within 2 months post nailing.

As for your previous state of health, it will never be exactly the same as it was because your legs aren't exactly the same as they were.
176 cm before
184 cm after
-Walking, squatting, jogging slowly but not yet running
-Advocate of average height people wanting to be taller

saifi

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 05:52:04 PM »

Yeah no man I absolutely get what you mean to say and it's such a acceptable downside of ll that we won't get our complete health back or be walking the same I mean why would we our leg lengths have been changed so the biomechanics of our bodies would too. It would be disadvantageous but my question is to what point ? I cannot live with not being able to perform normally with my new set of legs :P  it's amazing that you came out that well buddy I'm happy for you but I wan't to be as safe as possible.

Do you have any complications as of now buddy?

Also what do you think about the time lapse between two ll surgeries , mostly how should one judge that he or she is ready to undergo a second surgery given the downtime varies patient to patient.

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »

In this life Saifi noone can have everything.
Being 5.5 is a serious drawback in someone's life and that is said from an originally 5.6,5 guy like me which was in the same situation like you.
I was and still am a gym freak so I never let my short stature be an obstacle to bulking and I made a very built body as short men have a great advantage in becoming muscular and even at your height you won't look bad with great muscles as you are not abnormally short as men under 5.4
But I was very determined to get taller and improve my life and time, reduce of athletic abilities and complications never stopped me.
I ended up in a good height (5.9) and although my athletic abilities was compromised due to doctor's faults, I hit the gym more than before, I became more muscular than before, I have much more higher self esteem and I never regret LL.
Right now I am 2 months after the surgery I did to fix my problems with ach tendons that my LL doctor caused me with ach. tendon lengthening and a minor misalignment in my right tibia and I don't drive and I walk with special boots to protect my tendons for 1 months more.
But still I am very motivated to finish successfully all these and in 2 years to do a second LL to reach 5.11 because we live only once and we must try to fix anything that we don't like in our life (in normal borders of course).

So don't cry like a baby about the time you'll lose or the athletic abilities reduction or anything else. Everything in life has consequenses, but if it really worths then you should ignore them and do it.
Be 5.5 means a miserable life for the majority of men. So if you want a better life the only way is LL with all the risks it has.
After all it is much better to try and fail than never try and live in misery.

jojo

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 06:54:41 PM »

Who went with good doctoers and dident get back after 3 years ?

MrHandsome

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »

In your case I would do 1.5 inches on each segment. You will still have complications but they won't be as bad.

saifi

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 07:58:58 PM »

what is your idea of complications  :o ? 1.5" per segment is quite conservative I was thinking more along the lines of 5 cm per segment , are you recommending that low because I intend to get two surgeries?

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 09:05:31 PM »

In your case I would do 1.5 inches on each segment. You will still have complications but they won't be as bad.
1.5 inch is a ridiculous amount for LL and it clearly doesn't worth the money and the risks this surgery has regardless of the amount you lengthen, as the height increase is insignificant.

If someone does both segments he could lengthen 5.5 inches (3 on femurs and 2.5 on tibias) without much risks.
A 5.5 man should try for this amount and if his body can't handle it (which is not very possible as it is a normal amount) he could stop earlier.
But 3 inches (1.5 per segment) is a joke, especially for a short man.

MrHandsome

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 11:06:37 PM »

In this life Saifi noone can have everything.
Being 5.5 is a serious drawback in someone's life and that is said from an originally 5.6,5 guy like me which was in the same situation like you.
I was and still am a gym freak so I never let my short stature be an obstacle to bulking and I made a very built body as short men have a great advantage in becoming muscular and even at your height you won't look bad with great muscles as you are not abnormally short as men under 5.4
But I was very determined to get taller and improve my life and time, reduce of athletic abilities and complications never stopped me.
I ended up in a good height (5.9) and although my athletic abilities was compromised due to doctor's faults, I hit the gym more than before, I became more muscular than before, I have much more higher self esteem and I never regret LL.
Right now I am 2 months after the surgery I did to fix my problems with ach tendons that my LL doctor caused me with ach. tendon lengthening and a minor misalignment in my right tibia and I don't drive and I walk with special boots to protect my tendons for 1 months more.
But still I am very motivated to finish successfully all these and in 2 years to do a second LL to reach 5.11 because we live only once and we must try to fix anything that we don't like in our life (in normal borders of course).

So don't cry like a baby about the time you'll lose or the athletic abilities reduction or anything else. Everything in life has consequenses, but if it really worths then you should ignore them and do it.
Be 5.5 means a miserable life for the majority of men. So if you want a better life the only way is LL with all the risks it has.
After all it is much better to try and fail than never try and live in misery.

Muscles are irrelevant to women unless you are above 5'9 or above.

saifi

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 01:34:53 AM »

I'm starting to think you're a troll and not a very good one.
Btw did you go around asking all the women around the globe personally about that , I'd love read your study someday.

Oh and say hi to the tooth fairy for me  ::)

MrHandsome

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 01:35:35 AM »

I'm starting to think you're a troll and not a very good one.
Btw did you go around asking all the women around the globe personally about that , I'd love read your study someday.

Oh and say hi to the tooth fairy for me  ::)

I'm not a troll bro women don't like short men but what is defined as "short" depends on your area bro.

saifi

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 01:48:19 AM »

Yeah that's true but ....... damn that's true :p.

Well I guess it sucks for guys like me (sorry) . I've read some studies that suggest women usually prefer men over 5'10 and being tall is a lot advantageous I don't know why some short dudes disagree with that.

But since I'm doing this for myself a couple of inches gained won't hurt ;) also I'm worried about the downtime of this surgery not so much about how good a recovery I'll get or how many more women are gonna flock around me.

@bodybuilder I'm not a pussy man , I'm concerned about my height - yes ! but I think I will never trade 6-7 years of my life for a couple of inches even if they would change the rest of my life for the better , some would but that's not me.

3- years or even four years with surgeries done for correction is acceptable for two such major surgeries.

MrHandsome

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 03:09:33 AM »

Yeah that's true but ....... damn that's true :p.

Well I guess it sucks for guys like me (sorry) . I've read some studies that suggest women usually prefer men over 5'10 and being tall is a lot advantageous I don't know why some short dudes disagree with that.

But since I'm doing this for myself a couple of inches gained won't hurt ;) also I'm worried about the downtime of this surgery not so much about how good a recovery I'll get or how many more women are gonna flock around me.

@bodybuilder I'm not a pussy man , I'm concerned about my height - yes ! but I think I will never trade 6-7 years of my life for a couple of inches even if they would change the rest of my life for the better , some would but that's not me.

3- years or even four years with surgeries done for correction is acceptable for two such major surgeries.

Honestly it depends on your facial appearance also but in real life under 5'9 is classified as short.

If you are short you can still be hot but everything else has to be perfect. Also I don't know what types of girls you go for anyway.

Bander72

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 03:24:57 AM »

Mr handsome I'm starting to think you are a troll or just delusional. This man at 5"5 has more reasons to go all in and do 7 cm on each segment given his very short stature. For him to do 4 cm would be a waste of time. Only people closer to average 5"8+ have more of a luxury to do smaller amounts like 5 cm or 4 if there are severe complications. And besides that, you are always saying your super short but that 4cm would make all the difference?
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Sibirsky

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 04:41:18 AM »

For me personally after talking to some veterans, those passing the 170-175 cm mark seem to be the most satisfied. I personally am more than happy to have passed the 180 cm mark
176 cm before
184 cm after

Sibirsky

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 04:44:05 AM »

Yeah no man I absolutely get what you mean to say and it's such a acceptable downside of ll that we won't get our complete health back or be walking the same I mean why would we our leg lengths have been changed so the biomechanics of our bodies would too. It would be disadvantageous but my question is to what point ? I cannot live with not being able to perform normally with my new set of legs :P  it's amazing that you came out that well buddy I'm happy for you but I wan't to be as safe as possible.

Do you have any complications as of now buddy?

Also what do you think about the time lapse between two ll surgeries , mostly how should one judge that he or she is ready to undergo a second surgery given the downtime varies patient to patient.

I had many complications like nerve desensitisation, knee contracture, mild ballerina. Now I only have mild numbness on my feet which is continuously improving
176 cm before
184 cm after

MrHandsome

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 07:10:31 AM »

Mr handsome I'm starting to think you are a troll or just delusional. This man at 5"5 has more reasons to go all in and do 7 cm on each segment given his very short stature. For him to do 4 cm would be a waste of time. Only people closer to average 5"8+ have more of a luxury to do smaller amounts like 5 cm or 4 if there are severe complications. And besides that, you are always saying your super short but that 4cm would make all the difference?

I'm not a troll man safety comes first always and yes 5cm does make a huge difference confirmed by percentiles.

Jack1066

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »

I mean people do LL for many different reasons but I would agree with Sibirsky that it's around the 170 cm mark that is the most life-changing. In fairness Bodybuilder you were never shorter than/the same height as the average woman, I would think things begin to get very hard then. So Saifi if you are 5'4-5'5 already then I think you can get great results from just doing a couple or a few inches.

Body Builder

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »

Women like muscles (not exaggerations of course) and even they won't like a 5.6 man due to his height, a 5.6 man with a great body still has more chances.

And you may be right but the border is 5.7, not 5.9.
A 5.8 muscular man would be attractive for many women although his height is still not good for them.
If the same man was 5.10 or above then he would have been almost perfect but still above 5.7 and with a good body a man is good for many women.

And after all, always a man with a good body is better than the same man without a good body.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up