Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-legs with tibia lengthening over nail - causes anybody know?  (Read 2866 times)

jerkey

Hi,

I did 6cm on my tibia LON. I did get adjustment toward the end of the lengthening phase (turning outside more, inside less). I am about 4months out from my initial surgery, I had my internal nail fixed about 3wks ago and find that at this point I have a bit of knock knees. When I'm standing and I put my legs together, I can get my knees to touch but not my feet.

I am wondering what the opinion/fact is out there regarding the cause of x-legs. If you get x-legs from tibia LON is it majority fault of the surgeon or is it just part of the game like infections, etc? I mean I hope I don't have to get another surgery, but if I do have x-legs the only treatment is leg alignment surgery which would suck so bad...

Thanks guys

TIBIKE200

Re: X-legs with tibia lengthening over nail - causes anybody know?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 12:48:52 PM »

It is the surgeon's fault. It is caused by misallignment of the bones
I learned some stuff during this time

doomsday

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 12:50:59 PM »

No one on this forum will be able to give you the answer with and kind of certainty. You need to go and see another doctor to get answers to your question.

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:50:35 PM »

Surgeon s fault
Budget will determine my future.

doomsday

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 03:53:43 PM »

and you just diagnosed him based on one post ahahahahaha  ;D

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 04:02:14 PM »

and you just diagnosed him based on one post ahahahahaha  ;D
Why patients at beijing dont get misalignments even after 7 cm? I mean, doctor could see when the misalignment started, but he allowed  him to lengthen more, x-legs is a huge misalignment, now further surgery is the option.

doomsday

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »

You have no medical background, you haven't seen his legs or any kind of xray. You did not do LL yourself , yet you dare to claim that his doc messed up.

I wonder how come youre not banned yet. People with such low IQ should not be able to speak up.

Sibirsky

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »

From general knowledge known on this forum, with LON the doctor has very limited options to perform correction after lengthening because of the nail; it limits the ability to perform angulation and translation.

However with LATN, correction is definitely possible because the nail is only inserted after lengthening and nothing limits angulation or translation

So no it's not the surgeons fault because this is an expected risk outcome of LON, unless:
1) You weren't told about the risk of developing this complication
2) The doctor did not stop you from lengthening even after finding out about your X-legs

In any case, it would have been much better to choose LATN if you were given the option because they can insert a larger nail capable of higher weight bearing and the previously mentioned ability to perform correction

May I ask what country did you do your surgery? This is because surgeons from different countries prefer different methods i.e. Indians prefer LON, Russians prefer LATN

176 cm before
184 cm after
-Walking, squatting, jogging slowly but not yet running
-Advocate of average height people wanting to be taller

Sibirsky

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 04:15:49 PM »

You have no medical background, you haven't seen his legs or any kind of xray. You did not do LL yourself , yet you dare to claim that his doc messed up.

I wonder how come youre not banned yet. People with such low IQ should not be able to speak up.

Thank you from bringing some common sense here ::)
176 cm before
184 cm after

onemorefoot

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »

You did ll and still say just nonsense, like you claimed that Penguin had nonunion, Who should be banned? I dont think that is  100 fault of the doc, but I have seen some LON cases here, not Many developed x-legs, so there is something more than just the method.

Xd

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »

You did LL And still say just nonsense, like that crap that Penguin had nonunion or that the average time for 4 cm are 11 months in fixators, maybe with your quack doc but that is not the case for most of the people, I ask you kindly, Who should be banned? About LON, I know misalignments are a complication, but have read some diaries here And not Many developed x legs or another deformity, so it is not just the method, I dont know if you are angry, go to see a psychiatrist, I cant help you more. Good day.

saifi

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 05:45:24 PM »

can bones bend after they have consolidated completely? I mean they're still pretty weak could that be a case with some of the patients also can't comment on op ,I'm fairly new here looking to gain as much knowledge possible.

Sibirsky

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 05:48:02 PM »

You did LL And still say just nonsense, like that crap that Penguin had nonunion or that the average time for 4 cm are 11 months in fixators, maybe with your quack doc but that is not the case for most of the people, I ask you kindly, Who should be banned? About LON, I know misalignments are a complication, but have read some diaries here And not Many developed x legs or another deformity, so it is not just the method, I dont know if you are angry, go to see a psychiatrist, I cant help you more. Good day.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder59/500x/56303059/willy-wonka-i-smell-beef.jpg
176 cm before
184 cm after

doomsday

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 11:37:36 PM »

ahhaha that kid is funny XD

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 12:19:17 AM »

ahhaha that kid is funny XD
Great argument, xd, I dont know where a 17 years person is a kid, but ok, I Hope I can make you smile more in the future.

doomsday

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 12:23:14 AM »

AHAHAH 17 yo is a mature limb lengthening doctor to give us his expertise  ;D it is just getting better  :D

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 12:33:59 AM »

AHAHAH 17 yo is a mature limb lengthening doctor to give us his expertise  ;D it is just getting better  :D
Ask Sarin or your loved Betz, 70 years And still messing up femur patients, anyway,  the only good thing you have done is not being operated by him, continue like that!

doomsday

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 12:42:18 AM »

You seriously got some serious mental problems mate :)

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 12:48:57 AM »

Come on guys don't fight! Sorry onemorefoot, you are just a little kid, at 17 years you don't know enough about anything. This is a valid question, which cannot be answered based on your post. At least tell us more about your lengthening and post as many x-ray as you have. Even then, my best recommendation is going to another LL doctor (not the one who operate on you) and ask his opinion.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 01:00:39 AM »

You seriously got some serious mental problems mate :)
Now Who is the funny?  ;D, I rest my case, you dont need to be an old to know somethings, like this case, in which more age more the absurd things, dont turn It into a Circus, we have enough with all the dramas here.

doomsday

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 01:10:27 AM »

Now Who is the funny?  ;D, I rest my case, you dont need to be an old to know somethings, like this case, in which more age more the absurd things, dont turn It into a Circus, we have enough with all the dramas here.
:) First of all there is no "we" it's you being a silly kid. Also There is no "case" whatsoever, your opinion on Betz any another doc is absolutely meaningless. The problem is that you're spreading toxic post and some new members can get wrong idea about LL and its risks based on your utter  . I just wonder if your parents know about you being here and constantly posting. Maybe someone should get in touch with them(perhaps IP address?)

onemorefoot

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 01:17:28 AM »

Oh my godness xd, have you read Betz diaries? The rate of complications is too high, is not an opinion. I dont like to badmouth people, dont worry. Toxic posts? Who was the person Who wrote that the average time per cm were 3 months? Make a favor And go out here, I cannot be the best but dont spread nonsense out of my a++.

onemorefoot

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 01:25:20 AM »

Save your dignity And stop postting.

doomsday

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 01:35:58 AM »

Oh my godness xd, have you read Betz diaries? The rate of complications is too high, is not an opinion. I dont like to badmouth people, dont worry. Toxic posts? Who was the person Who wrote that the average time per cm were 3 months? Make a favor And go out here, I cannot be the best but dont spread nonsense out of my a++.
For the sake of people on this forum I will stay and pin point your stupidity.

onemorefoot

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 01:39:38 AM »

End of the discussion, my fingers are tired, you win genius.

doomsday

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 01:40:39 AM »

End of the discussion, my fingers are tired, you win genius.
You should you know your place kid ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up