Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb shortening  (Read 5678 times)

SAveteran

Limb shortening
« on: June 06, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »

Hi guys,

Do you know any doctor performing limb shortening ?

I did 4.2 on femur and 4.3 on tibia, total is 8.5, but I feel that my leg is a bit long compare with my arm, so I'm considering to shorten about 2 or 2.5 cm on tibia

my initial heigh is 161, and wing span is 161

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:30:38 PM by SAveteran »

TIBIKE200

Re: Limb shortening
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 03:39:47 PM »

Is this you post femurs and tibias?

Where did you do your femurs?
I learned some stuff during this time

SAveteran

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:43:26 PM »

yep, I did femurs with Dr Birkholtz

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:45:59 PM »

You are the one with the diary on old forum who did the 4.5 cm?
  Proportionally, what do you think looks better, long femurs or tibias (Since you did both)

Back to your question, if you have enough money do 3-4cm arm lengthening. Limb shortening is a very complicated procedure.. Much more than LL (complication wise).

I suggest you to ask your local orthopedic doc about it explaining to him you did LL as well

SAveteran

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 04:03:49 PM »

ya, I had a diary on the old forum, 3 years ago

I think it would depend on each person and how much you want to lengthen

for shortening I thought it's more simple than lengthening ?, I did some research and see that they could do acute shortening, no need frame and shorten slowly, (for amount of less than 3 cm)

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 06:17:13 PM »

Man, I'm sorry I'll be blunt. This is not a game, you cannot lengthen and then shorten your limbs just because you have changed your proportion (you should have calculated this beforehand). Sure if it had a medical reason, it would be fine but you already succeeded doing a very risky surgery to risk another to reverse what you did in the first.

My advice is that you can "trick" others by wearing clothes in an intelligent manner. Long loose shirts not slim fit. That should give an appearance of a longer torso. Wearing boots can also make your legs appear shorter.

As a last resort you should do arm lengthening. Do not shorten your limbs, you don't look that disproportional.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 06:44:27 PM »

Don't do it, bro. You have long legs, own them. It's better than being short anyway.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 07:06:47 PM »

You lengthened very conservatively and you look ok.
It is insane to do shortening as it will cause troubles in soft tissues which may don't work good as they will be overrelaxed.

After all you don't look bad and doing 3 surgeries to end up 1.68 from 1.61 is ridiculous imo.
Stay as you are, breaking bones is not a game as LLsouthamerica said.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »

You look fine

Don't bother doing this shortening even if it is a lot simpler and less dangerous than lengthening

See a psychologist instead. You are one of these types that will get something else done then that'll highlight a 'flaw' then youl get something else done and on and on and on. It's body neurosis you have.

Forget about it. No one else other than other body neurotics (most of the folk on this board) notice crap like this in day to day life

doomsday

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 08:15:13 PM »

you look fine, stop getting paranoid and hit the gym , youre definitely too skinny, like a 10 year old girl.

Iamready

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 08:30:26 PM »

That's a picture of him with the frames on him. It's not like you'll be in peak physical shape with all that going on with your body.  Anyway, I hope you find a solution, whether psychological or physical to help you.

vegeta24

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 09:09:00 PM »

Proportion wise I prefer to tell it how it is and you don't look disproportional at all. All you do is look leggy, which many people are naturally especially African Americans. Honestly your arms don't even look short. Shortening is a horrible idea, you don't need anymore surgeries and you lengthened good amounts so it didn't mess up your proportions.

onemorefoot

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »

Dont do It, would be a waste of time And money, perfect proportions dont exist
Budget will determine my future.

SAveteran

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »

Thank you guys so much for advices, I will try to go gym first and see how it is

alps

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »

all these posts make it seem to me like LL is really easy. :D

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »

How did you recover from the femur surgery?

SAveteran

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 04:56:14 PM »

How did you recover from the femur surgery?

for femur recovery it is quite good, I can play sports, running, swimming, pingpong, except football.. I think it recovered about 80% compare with before surgery

SAveteran

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »

all these posts make it seem to me like LL is really easy. :D
I don't say it's easy, but if you choose a good, experience surgeon, and follow their instructions then things will be possible, I think most problems are created by us rather than by good surgeons.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 06:32:41 PM »

I don't say it's easy, but if you choose a good, experience surgeon, and follow their instructions then things will be possible, I think most problems are created by us rather than by good surgeons.

If you're lucky...

Just look at what Unicorn has to go through, with one of the most expensive surgeons on the market.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 06:35:25 PM »

If you're lucky...

Just look at what Unicorn has to go through, with one of the most expensive surgeons on the market.

Expensive and overrated you mean.

Body Builder

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 07:45:34 PM »

That's not true.
Most of the problems are caused due to bad surgeries or simply due to misfortune.

Patients can't do much except from avoiding fast and excessive lengthening, very early weight bearing and doing stretching.
Everything else that goes bad is up to doctor (malunions, non unions) or to misfortune (like internal nail failure).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:46:46 PM by Body Builder »

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 08:17:01 PM »

A lot of the bad results in LL is because patients are greedy and go into a dangerous surgery without any knowledge about the multiple risks and they are willing to sacrifice their health for a few cm. Many are so vain that are willing to give up running, and other athletic abilities only to have more cm to have sex with a larger pool of women. Worse, they do not have enough money to pay for such a delicate surgery, but save thousands of dollars they do not have and go to unprepared doctors in third world countries where there are not enough facilities, technology and law support for malpractice.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 09:23:40 PM »

A lot of the bad results in LL is because patients are greedy and go into a dangerous surgery without any knowledge about the multiple risks and they are willing to sacrifice their health for a few cm.

That's not really a statement. Every LL patient sacrifices a part of his health for a few cms, the knowledge about LL does not change this fact. You could as well say "A lot of the bad results of LL are due to people doing LL".

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »

That's not really a statement. Every LL patient sacrifices a part of his health for a few cms, the knowledge about LL does not change this fact. You could as well say "A lot of the bad results of LL are due to people doing LL".

Sure, but I mean people who want to lengthen insane amounts like 8 - 10cm in tibias just to reach "6 feet" like it's the ultimate goal in life. Particularly, failing to realize you are not a adequate candidate for such a great gain: female, old, asian, smoker, etc. And my point is that many of the worst results is because people go to unprepared doctors in third world countries to save money putting everything at stake.

Of course, not doing LL would be safer. But I think if you are male, actually short (not crybabies 5'9 and above in most parts of the world where the average is not that far), athletic, non smoker, do not have any significant diseases; you have less chances of everything going wrong and exploting in your face.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Datum

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »

Going to bad doctors is one of the reason for complications but Unicorn went to a good doctor like you and she got bad complications. She is female and Asian. Musicmaker is a female but not Asian but in her case I would blame the doctor and Witttenstein failures. I would say don't do LL if you are a female, if you Asian, if you are old, if you smoke. There are many risks. If you have many of these, don't do the surgery please. Some young Caucasian guys have had problems too but this is a risky surgery. Complications can happen to everyone even with good doctors. Female, Asian, Old, Smoker and Bad surgeon make risks bigger.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

HAWA

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 03:47:10 PM »

Hello

My name is Heawan, I am 24 years old and I live in France and in Uk. I am 6ft ( 183cm)  and I would like to make 5'7 1m75, I would like to have recourse to the surgery of shortening legs. I feel like that it will change all my life. So I have a budget of 15000 euros, I would like to advise on good doctors and opinions if possible? thank you very much.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »

Hello

My name is Heawan, I am 24 years old and I live in France and in Uk. I am 6ft ( 183cm)  and I would like to make 5'7 1m75, I would like to have recourse to the surgery of shortening legs. I feel like that it will change all my life. So I have a budget of 15000 euros, I would like to advise on good doctors and opinions if possible? thank you very much.

Basic question, why?

doomsday

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2017, 04:55:00 PM »

Hello

No worries man!
Here is very good surgeon that can do it for you https://www.vconnect.com/everest-medical-and-prosthetics-orthotics-centre-ado_odo_ota-ogun_b1403449
make sure you pay in advance.

there is a world class arthopedic clinic , they can fix you up.
https://www.vconnect.com/faith-orthopaedic-alternative-therapy-clinic-ido-oyo_b234837

Make sure you get that bike ride as instructed.

HAWA

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »

What I want to make that? Because it's difficult on a daily basis to make 1m83 for a woman. I want to feel feminine, wear heels .... feel better.

doomsday

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »

damn you shouldve said you're a woman xD

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »

I suggest you think about your proportions before the surgery, because even if it is possible which I don't know, you might end up with a big torso and relatively short legs which do not look feminine at all.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up