Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could this spell hope for faster limb lengthening?  (Read 1000 times)

five10not6feet

• Visitor
Could this spell hope for faster limb lengthening?
« on: May 10, 2017, 06:44:34 PM »

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2130268-synthetic-bone-implant-can-make-blood-cells-in-its-marrow/

Just saw this on reddit and decided to make an account and post this here. I mean...that seems like it could be helpful, right? If you could just break the bone, separate it out an inch or two, and place a 2-inch implant in between the broken pieces--the thing is basically bone--it creates it's own red blood cells and marrow and everything.

Thoughts?

google42

Re: Could this spell hope for faster limb lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 07:12:20 PM »

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2130268-synthetic-bone-implant-can-make-blood-cells-in-its-marrow/

Just saw this on reddit and decided to make an account and post this here. I mean...that seems like it could be helpful, right? If you could just break the bone, separate it out an inch or two, and place a 2-inch implant in between the broken pieces--the thing is basically bone--it creates it's own red blood cells and marrow and everything.

Thoughts?
From what I've read it's not so much about the bone you got to worry about, it's the soft tissue. If we place a 2 inch implant after surgery then the muscles, veins, and all that other stuff won't have time to keep up with the immediate lengthening. Maybe they could some how help the soft tissue regenerate and lengthen faster with stem cells or something, then these implants could be beneficial.

There's a user on here named 682 who I think is studying in the medical field. I wanna hear his opinion on this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up