Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best option for price / safety?  (Read 2086 times)

Fnyc

Best option for price / safety?
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:20:23 PM »

I have had a hard time finding employment lately and understand that this may never be affordable. My goal over the next 4-5 years is to save up anywhere from 100,000-150,000 USD. I want to have the safest option for doing both a femur lengthening surgery and later on a tibia surgery. (although I would see how whatever height I am after femur lengthening is what I was striving for) That being said, I am willing to save up more money if it would give me a reasonable margin of error.

The only reason the cheaper / out of country idea appeals to me is because my parents would think I am fking nuts and I would have to save up much more money for care / rent in New York.

I would appreciate anyone to point my in a good direction; I don't expect to be spoon fed information but don't really know where to find solid opinions.

Penguinn

Re: Best option for price / safety?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:23:19 PM »

The only 2 relatively cheap doctors I'd recommend are Mangal Parihar(can personally vouch for) and Franz Birkholtz(who appears to be very competent). I'm just pointing you in their direction; ultimate decision is your responsibility. By "relatively cheap" we're talking less than 50K USD for internal femurs and not getting butchered.

paco1

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:04:52 PM »

without doubt Monegal.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:48:33 PM »

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »

There is a current diary with Rozbruch And the guy only paid 50 k for Internal l femurs, maybe you can get something seemed as you live  there.
Budget will determine my future.

Auron

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 09:50:13 PM »

Monegal was and would be my choice if I were you.

google42

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 10:19:54 PM »

Monegal was and would be my choice if I were you.

why monegal though?

If he lives in the US and has insurance then he can go to rozbruch and get it done there safely and for a good price. He won't have to spend money on travelling, hotel, and other expenses. 

Auron

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 10:28:11 PM »

why monegal though?

If he lives in the US and has insurance then he can go to rozbruch and get it done there safely and for a good price. He won't have to spend money on travelling, hotel, and other expenses.
Many patients from Monegal are from the US and I've only witnessed good outcomes from Monegal (and I've been here for almost 6 months). Rozbruch is very expensive and, as far as I know, only 1 pantient was able to get this surgery done with him at a low price. Money aside, Rozbruch seems to be a very good choice as well though.

notimportant

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 12:20:45 AM »

Many patients from Monegal are from the US and I've only witnessed good outcomes from Monegal (and I've been here for almost 6 months). Rozbruch is very expensive and, as far as I know, only 1 pantient was able to get this surgery done with him at a low price. Money aside, Rozbruch seems to be a very good choice as well though.

Have you only witnessed good outcomes? What about Helloworld witn 3 surgeries, nail malfunction and legal threatening? What about Musicmaker with 10 surgeries? What about teenage guy with nerve problems? There aren't many new patients lately but not all of them had good results.

You delusional if you think Monegal is a good option
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Fnyc

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 02:28:34 AM »

I have insurance but it will run out when I am 26, I am 24 1/2 now and will definitely not have the funds before my insurance runs out. I am assuming I should reach out to Dr. Rozbruch at the latest early next year?

I wanted to get both femurs and tibia done because I would definitely be able to runway model; if I do femurs and end up going from 5'8 to 5'11 I might still fall short of the top agencies.

Body Builder

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 02:34:53 AM »

I have insurance but it will run out when I am 26, I am 24 1/2 now and will definitely not have the funds before my insurance runs out. I am assuming I should reach out to Dr. Rozbruch at the latest early next year?

I wanted to get both femurs and tibia done because I would definitely be able to runway model; if I do femurs and end up going from 5'8 to 5'11 I might still fall short of the top agencies.
With 2 LLs it is inpossible to become a model.
Your proportions will be out and your walking gait will hardly be perfect for modelling.
It is a joke to do 2 LLs and believe that you'll be a professional model.

Auron

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 02:39:51 AM »

Have you only witnessed good outcomes? What about Helloworld witn 3 surgeries, nail malfunction and legal threatening? What about Musicmaker with 10 surgeries? What about teenage guy with nerve problems? There aren't many new patients lately but not all of them had good results.

You delusional if you think Monegal is a good option
Wtf are you talking about? Helloworld has had a good outcome, he had an extra surgery because the nail failed but how is Monegal to be blamed? Hes doing just as good as any other patient who had 1 surgery. Musicmaker, the worst case in LL history as you call it, is walking unaided and who the hell is teenage guy with nerve problems?

The only person whos probably not doing so well is you.

Fnyc

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 03:09:37 AM »

With 2 LLs it is inpossible to become a model.
Your proportions will be out and your walking gait will hardly be perfect for modelling.
It is a joke to do 2 LLs and believe that you'll be a professional model.

Wouldn't a 34" inseam be normal for 6'0-6'1? I have short legs with a 6'0 wingspan

jbc

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 03:14:29 AM »

The only 2 relatively cheap doctors I'd recommend are Mangal Parihar(can personally vouch for) and Franz Birkholtz(who appears to be very competent). I'm just pointing you in their direction; ultimate decision is your responsibility. By "relatively cheap" we're talking less than 50K USD for internal femurs and not getting butchered.

Exactly what Penguinn said if you want less expensive and are willing to risk out of US, but not willing to compromise on physician. There are good Drs. in other countries where hospital and outpatient costs are dramatically less. These two are at the top of the list. They also use the Precise internal nail for CLL.

Reg. Dr. Monegal - this really needs to stop. It dominates the forum and brings nothing but toxicity. Here is what I would surmise about Dr. Monegal and Fitbone for anyone who cares:

- Dr. Monegal is most likely competent. He has had successful outcomes and he's had some patient complications. As have other Drs. It is, however, absolutely unfair that he continues to be trashed the way he is.
- He's the only Dr. that takes it personally - this, I didn't like - though much less so as of late.
- Fitbone is not as good of a nail as the Precise. It just isn't. At this point in time, the Precise is the absolute gold standard. Those that pretend that Fitbone == Precise are delusional. Sorry.

asfastaslight

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 12:53:29 AM »

The salemfix guy in Frankfurt who was in Syria to begin with sounded good.  Everyone who did him was already working out and had a personal trainer made some gains more than when they began LL!  Wish you luck bud. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up