Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone experienced depression over their height?  (Read 3597 times)

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
Has anyone experienced depression over their height?
« on: April 16, 2017, 01:28:19 PM »

I hate to say it but I am sometimes mildly depressed because of my height. Especially when I see girls taller than me. However I can still function normally and hold down a job so it isnt so bad. But has anyone experienced this mild depression because of their height?
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Has anyone experienced depression over their height?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »

90% of forum probably did lol

But hey, i'm shorter than average woman here and trust me i compare myself to the others a lot but it's nothing bad honestly as long as you don't let it control you.

Tbh is it an actual depression(you have problems with enjoying other stuff etc.) or you just feel bad about your height?

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 01:48:59 PM »

Actual depression; I have trouble enjoying things like movies and car rides if I see too many people taller than me. I just learnt to keep my head down and ignore most of the time. How tall are you? Im sure youre probably taller than me.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »

5'5 so not that much lol

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 01:53:09 PM »

Im guessing you live in sweden or a scandinavian country? I am 2 inches taller than the avg female but still 3 inches shorter than the average male in singapore.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 01:54:36 PM »

Poland actually

Bander72

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »

I get a little bit depressed for various reasons. I think about not doing all I could when I was young to get taller if I could of gotten taller than I am. I had tried for years to find ways to get taller but I was already 15 when I started when my growth was pretty much.done. I also think about not finding out about the surgery when I was younger and not until I was 23 I could of had the funds already not have felt so bad that there was no hope to get taller. When I first really paid attention to my height it was the worst feeling because I felt less of a man and doomed to be unhappy. This was when I was 15 mind you. The lifts did make most of my feelings go away since I was lucky to be a litle bit below avarage but the height neurosis never went away even after not thinking about seriously for years since I had given up on getting anywhere before finding the forum.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »

I get a little bit depressed for various reasons. I think about not doing all I could when I was young to get taller if I could of gotten taller than I am. I had tried for years to find ways to get taller but I was already 15 when I started when my growth was pretty much.done. I also think about not finding out about the surgery when I was younger and not until I was 23 I could of had the funds already not have felt so bad that there was no hope to get taller. When I first really paid attention to my height it was the worst feeling because I felt less of a man and doomed to be unhappy. This was when I was 15 mind you. The lifts did make most of my feelings go away since I was lucky to be a litle bit below avarage but the height neurosis never went away even after not thinking about seriously for years since I had given up on getting anywhere before finding the forum.

Wow that must have been awful for you, even for someone who is almost average height. At least you have options now. :)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 02:22:17 PM »

I had similar situation when my endocrinologist told me that i have hypothyroidism and that's why i probably stopped growing since i was 12 yo.

Bander72

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »

Wow that must have been awful for you, even for someone who is almost average height. At least you have options now. :)

And it wasant easy with my unsopprted parents. My mom would always say that I was tall and that wearing those lifts made here feel bad to which I would say that I guess she dosent care about how I feel. Now she dosent say anything about my lifts but I know that I have to keep the surgery a secret because she would try  to tell close aquaintances about it to embarass me to not do it.

Bander72

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »

I had similar situation when my endocrinologist told me that i have hypothyroidism and that's why i probably stopped growing since i was 12 yo.

Yead old doctor was a bitch. My pedeatrician said my growth pattern would have me at a final height of 5 11. Yet the doctor I had after could not understand that I would be upset to be 3 inches off that number. She said there was a lot of great short people like napeolean.... like that would make me feel better. And come to think about it I dont know why she called me short when she was barely 5 feet. I  guess she did not think about her words making things feel worse.

Chris

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 03:04:02 PM »

I hate to say it but I am sometimes mildly depressed because of my height. Especially when I see girls taller than me. However I can still function normally and hold down a job so it isnt so bad. But has anyone experienced this mild depression because of their height?

I live in Germany and I used to be a 161cm (5'3) short male. About 3,5 years ago, it finally made me kill myself but I was to stupid to do it right.
I don't like to call it attempted suicide, because inside my head I actually did it.
So you can probably imagine that I was very depressed for being so totally different that I had been socially excluded, ridiculed and even mocked almost daily - just because of my height!
The feelings of inferiority, exclusion/loneliness and hopelessness don't go well together.
But my suicide changed me. I see our existence, the world we have to live in and the people around me with totally different eyes now.
My depression was still there, but I started to turn my sadness into anger and I also began to channel all of my negative feelings and energy towards others instead of myself.
Because once you have quit life, you don't give a s*hit about most things anymore. Aggression and even violence became my new nature.
Then I found out about LL, and suddenly, I had hope and it even became my sole and religious-like reason to live, because I want to know so badly how it feels like to be somewhat "normal".
My mood changed again. I became a lot calmer and the more I planned my first surgery, the happier I was.
After my first surgery, I was euphoric, but it subsided quickly because I had major complications in my left foot and could only gain about one inch.
Now I have to wait about 10.5 more month to continue my journey so I can finally become taller. This has set me back, but my depression is miraculously mild considering this.
Hope and the fact that I'm actively doing something about my short stature helps a lot.
But I know that my depression will only go away once I've found what I'm looking for.
There is this saying: "A man without hope is nothing" and I can totally attest to it.
I think it helps us to focus on other positive things instead of the bad ones.
If you are feeling depressed, try to focus on what gives you hope, like the prospect of LL and a better life.
Okay, that's it.
I'm not sure how much my story will help you, but I hope it does somehow :-)

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »

Yead old doctor was a bitch. My pedeatrician said my growth pattern would have me at a final height of 5 11. Yet the doctor I had after could not understand that I would be upset to be 3 inches off that number. She said there was a lot of great short people like napeolean.... like that would make me feel better. And come to think about it I dont know why she called me short when she was barely 5 feet. I  guess she did not think about her words making things feel worse.

Just to be clear, you are 5'9.. Not 5'8. Your doc missed two inches
I learned some stuff during this time

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 04:28:23 PM »

Thanks!  :)that really meant a lot to me. As someone with unsupportive parents I am also struggling to find ways to scrimp together money and hide my surgery.

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »

Just to be clear, you are 5'9.. Not 5'8. Your doc missed two inches
But 5 9" in the morning, maybe that is why his doctor golf him that.
Budget will determine my future.

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 06:01:04 PM »

5'3 in germany mustve been living hell lol fuarkk

Body Builder

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »

I never had a real deppression before LL for the only reason that I learned about this surgery when I was just 15 years old and I always knew that if my height wasn't enough for me I would do this surgery.
So, even though I wasn't fully satisfacted with my life, the knowledge of LL surgery made me feel much better with myself and enjoy life a lot.

After LL and the problems I faced due to atl, I felt a lot deppressed for about the first 2 years but since my condition improved a lot and I looked normal (in walking, standing etc), I started enjoying my new height and feel much better with my life.
But when I still had some comments about my "not enough" height in addition to the feeling of weakness I have in my (especially left) feet due to atl, I started feeling a little bitter sometimes although I generally feel much better with myself compared to preLL.

But real men take their fates on their hands and we live only once so I decided to do whatever it takes to fix my tendon problem and never feel bad for my height again.
Thats why in a few days I'll do the first surgery to fix my tendons and in about 2 years my second LL

Chinese said that if a problem could be solved, then there is no need to worry.
So anyone who is deppressed for his height, don't give up, LL is our solution.

Chris

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »

Well, let's just say if I went to a store to buy some trousers and they are out of stock, I could still be lucky in the kidswaer department...

I'm a real LL-patient.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 06:51:09 PM »

Aren't you one cheerful lad ay?

p89

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »

i am quite alright to outsiders but i am not happy on the inside. i cannot enjoy daily activities even though i am faring well in most aspects of life.

if i do not get crippled from the operation i think it will make a huge difference to me. i am ok even with getting back to 80% athletic ability. just don't want to have residual aches and pains. but life is a gamble isn't it?

Chris

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »

Aren't you one cheerful lad ay?

Haha, thanks to Digits, I'm actually feeling depressed now. Time for some ice cream and The Hobbit :P

I'm a real LL-patient.

Chris

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »

life is a gamble isn't it?
I gambled with my first surgery and I lost.
So better be careful. You only have this life ;)
I'm a real LL-patient.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »

Most people don't "do anything" to get taller until they reach adulthood. You were 15, 15 year olds are not supposed to have to care about "optimizing their growth", they have a lot of other crap going on in their life that requires attention, school, friends, teenage angst, crazy hormone madness. So don't feel too bad for not doing something about it back then. Also you are 5'9'', which is not a bad height. You probably don't like to hear it, but you've avoided the worst when it comes to height. You can still change it via LL, but it will never be that bad. I hope this can help you.

So better be careful. You only have this life ;)

Personally I believe I'll be born a black dude in Botswana in my next life, who will grow to 6'2'' and die of HIV at 30.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Chris

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 09:22:18 PM »

Personally I believe I'll be born a black dude in Botswana in my next life, who will grow to 6'2'' and die of HIV at 30.
Better be reborn as a hot chick and if you don't like the idea of sleeping with other men, become a hot lesbian ;D
Height will never f*ck up your life, no baldness, no back-hair, no men-boobs and you're even allowed to cry openly when you're depressed  :P
I'm a real LL-patient.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 09:33:07 PM »

Better be reborn as a hot chick and if you don't like the idea of sleeping with other men, become a hot lesbian ;D
Height will never f*ck up your life, no baldness, no back-hair, no men-boobs and you're even allowed to cry openly when you're depressed  :P

Women don't have such an easy life...

They get constantly judged on their appereance... Atleast we as men can compensate by having good character and being confident and charismatic.. An ugly chick is just an ugly chick

Chris

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 09:38:18 PM »

Women don't have such an easy life...

They get constantly judged on their appereance... Atleast we as men can compensate by having good character and being confident and charismatic.. An ugly chick is just an ugly chick
I know that of course ;)

Ugly chicks still have us "manlets"  :-X :P

I'm a real LL-patient.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »

Height will never f*ck up your life

Lol try to be taller than 6'1 woman

No

Chris

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 09:47:24 PM »

No
Then you're not much better than the ladies who judge men by their height ;)
I'm a real LL-patient.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2017, 09:53:04 PM »

Then you're not much better than the ladies who judge men by their height ;)

Physical attraction is nothing bad besides there is waaay more important traits than just height.

Oh and i won't comment using "manlet" to describe yourself....

TIBIKE200

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »

I know that of course ;)

Nahh... Non of my past Gfs and casuals was ugly.. Neither is my current GF.

And yeah... I never said I wasn't superficial. I am

Jack1066

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2017, 10:06:27 PM »

Does your girlfriend know you are doing LL, Tibike? By the way, I sent you a reply to your email.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up