Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 cm leg lengthening with Dr. Salameh at 5'10.5 (hopefully)  (Read 2946 times)

MirinHeight

3 cm leg lengthening with Dr. Salameh at 5'10.5 (hopefully)
« on: April 16, 2017, 07:04:49 AM »

Hello LL forum
I've always wanted to be ~ 6 feet tall. I have a 6'1-6'2 wingspan
My goal is to lengthen 3 cm with Dr Salameh because I know he has a device that is full weight bearing.
I am a university student so saving money up is tough.
I know I need 25k euros= ~$26500 + living expenses in Germany for 1.5 months and plane ticket, etc. So roughly $30-32,000 for this surgery. I only have 3000$ in my savings account right now

My question is those of you that had this surgery done that were in my position, how did you guys save up so much money?
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

MirinHeight

Re: 3 cm leg lengthening with Dr. Salameh at 5'10.5 (hopefully)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:05:48 AM »

Hello LL forum
My goal is to lengthen 3 cm with Dr Salameh because I know he has a device that is full weight bearing.
I know I need 25k euros= ~$26500 + living expenses in Germany for 1.5 months and plane ticket, etc. So roughly $30-32,000 for this surgery. I only have $3000 in my savings account so far

My question is those of you that had this surgery done that were in my position, how did you guys save up so much money?

Bander72

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:06:05 AM »

Hello LL forum
I know I need 25k euros= ~$26500 + living expenses in Germany for 1.5 months and plane ticket, etc. So roughly $30-32,000 for this surgery. I only have 3000$ in my savings account right now

I would recommend to do at least 4 cm. This is a painful surgery and you want to get the most bang for your buck while being safe. You will defiantly feel  taller with that amount. Regarding getting the funds needed you're gonna have to save up a lot because there won't be any cheap places.If I do externals im going to russia with barinov and I factor everything there would be 25k total but he won't do full weight bearing but latn is very good as you can get rid of the frames a lot sooner. So you  should consider if you can find another good doctor with a lower price or just save up the money that you calculate.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

MirinHeight

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:36:54 AM »

I would recommend to do at least 4 cm. This is a painful surgery and you want to get the most bang for your buck while being safe. You will defiantly feel  taller with that amount. Regarding getting the funds needed you're gonna have to save up a lot because there won't be any cheap places.If I do externals im going to russia with barinov and I factor everything there would be 25k total but he won't do full weight bearing but latn is very good as you can get rid of the frames a lot sooner. So you  should consider if you can find another good doctor with a lower price or just save up the money that you calculate.

I am a premed student (taking MCAT soon) and after doing a lot of research and reading many scientific articles, External Tibias is the best way to go if you want safety (pin site infections usually only seen risk after procedure). Internal femur is the worst due to risk of fat embolism. And Latn comes in second place due to permanent knee pain and fat embolism risk due to reaming of the bone (less chance than internal femur do to the femur being the longer bone).

That is why I am choosing External Tibias with Dr. Salameh. 3 cm should take approximately 5 months after surgery to recover from and I should be full weight bearing during these months as well. Furthermore, his fixators are small and cant even be seen underneath loose pants/sweats.

Also, I am only looking to do 3 cm because I want to be out of the fixator as soon as possible and don't want my family,friends/gf finding out. The reaction I want to get from them is... "oh you look a little taller today" or "you look slightly different today"

I will be out of state for medical school and I will most likely get this surgery done during first summer break of medical school.

I have a wonderful gf and great friends. I consider myself an above avg looking dude. I am doing this surgery for myself. I have a very long torso, a 6'2 wingspan and I wear 30 inch inseam. Furthermore my brother is 6'1. I just feel small in general due to my short legs and doing this surgery will make me feel better about myself. I love the height I am when I wear Nike Shox and that is around what I am going for.

Bander72

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »

I am a premed student (taking MCAT soon) and after doing a lot of research and reading many scientific articles, External Tibias is the best way to go if you want safety (pin site infections usually only seen risk after procedure). Internal femur is the worst due to risk of fat embolism. And Latn comes in second place due to permanent knee pain and fat embolism risk due to reaming of the bone (less chance than internal femur do to the femur being the longer bone).

That is why I am choosing External Tibias with Dr. Salameh. 3 cm should take approximately 5 months after surgery to recover from and I should be full weight bearing during these months as well. Furthermore, his fixators are small and cant even be seen underneath loose pants/sweats.

Also, I am only looking to do 3 cm because I want to be out of the fixator as soon as possible and don't want my family,friends/gf finding out. The reaction I want to get from them is... "oh you look a little taller today" or "you look slightly different today"

I will be out of state for medical school and I will most likely get this surgery done during first summer break of medical school.

I have a wonderful gf and great friends. I consider myself an above avg looking dude. I am doing this surgery for myself. I have a very long torso, a 6'2 wingspan and I wear 30 inch inseam. Furthermore my brother is 6'1. I just feel small in general due to my short legs and doing this surgery will make me feel better about myself. I love the height I am when I wear Nike Shox and that is around what I am going for.

There is other risks wth externals but some would be less if you do weight bare. But there is also the damage to your sanity having those frame any longer than you have to. Also as you said not wanting your family to see them. There is a photo with someone that had them in Salameh doctors page and it looked obvious to me that he had something there In his bulky sweat phants. Also your arent gonna take your frame off after 5 months if there's no nail inserted and otherwise you would have to be away for a year or at least 9 months for 3 cm so your family don't see them?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »

5 Months for a 3 cm gain is a reasonable goal

Good luck
I learned some stuff during this time

Body Builder

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 10:04:30 AM »

External tibias is the best way for tibia LL imo but 3 cm are so few that makes LL not worth it for all the money and the risks it has.

At your height you don't need LL and just doing it to reach 6ft is not a serious reason.
Anything less than 2 inches is just a loss of time and money.
But if you want to do it, then I think that doing external only with Salameh is a good idea. For 3 cm you'll have frames on for less than 5 months so there is absolutely no reason for lon or latn.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »

I belive the permanent knee pain using a nail for tibias is just theoritical. If you go through any diary of patients under docs like peng/barinov u dont get to hear any complains abt knee pain. There could be other complications but not knee pain. Not under them atleast. Besides, many who dide pure externals wished they used a nail.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

MirinHeight

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 10:08:35 AM »

There is other risks wth externals but some would be less if you do weight bare. But there is also the damage to your sanity having those frame any longer than you have to. Also as you said not wanting your family to see them. There is a photo with someone that had them in Salameh doctors page and it looked obvious to me that he had something there In his bulky sweat phants. Also your arent gonna take your frame off after 5 months if there's no nail inserted and otherwise you would have to be away for a year or at least 9 months for 3 cm so your family don't see them?

i emailed Dr. Salameh already.
Good rule of thumb for external fixator is 1.5-2 months for every cm lengthened. It would not take 9 months to lengthen 3 cm lol.

Furthermore, like I said I am going to be out of state for medical school and won't be around my normal friends, family or my gf

Also, I stated that I will get the operation done over a 3 month summer break. Once classes start, I can just tell my classmates/friends I got surgery done to fix my bow legs "if" they do notice the fixator underneath my baggy sweats. I will be wearing 1 inch lifts + Nike Shox prior to my surgery so they do not notice any change in my height.

MirinHeight

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 10:10:14 AM »

5 Months for a 3 cm gain is a reasonable goal

Good luck

thanks man

Bander72

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:10 AM »

i emailed Dr. Salameh already.
Good rule of thumb for external fixator is 1.5-2 months for every cm lengthened. It would not take 9 months to lengthen 3 cm lol.

Furthermore, like I said I am going to be out of state for medical school and won't be around my normal friends, family or my gf

Also, I stated that I will get the operation done over a 3 month summer break. Once classes start, I can just tell my classmates/friends I got surgery done to fix my bow legs "if" they do notice the fixator underneath my baggy sweats. I will be wearing 1 inch lifts + Nike Shox prior to my surgery so they do not notice any change in my height.

Alright 7 if you include distraction. It's your choice but for 3 cm you might as well use the shoes. If I was content with just 4 cm I'd wear insoles and forget about the surgery.

MirinHeight

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 10:34:57 AM »

Alright 7 if you include distraction. It's your choice but for 3 cm you might as well use the shoes. If I was content with just 4 cm I'd wear insoles and forget about the surgery.

from Dr. Salameh himself:
" Lengthening 3 cm is very easy , i suppose in one and half month you can finish lengthening period , then you can leave for consolidation period and come back later for final fixators removal  .
About Visa depend what country you are living ?
I suppose 5 or 6 months is enough for the whole process, and the most important early walking and mobility.
if any more questions please let met me know"

Pages: [1]   Go Up