Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excuses for live in parents after doing external tibia?  (Read 1670 times)

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
Excuses for live in parents after doing external tibia?
« on: March 28, 2017, 12:51:40 PM »

Hi Im doing external tibia lengthening in 2-4 years time and I need ideas of good excuses to give my parents why I have bulky frame son my legs. One excuse is that I broke my legs in an accident overseas and insurance only covers hospital stay and surgery but not frames. I hope my mom dosent try to claim that I am mentally incompetent and arrange to have my frames locked. I live with my parents and age of consent is 18 although age to make legal decisions is 21.
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

vegeta24

Re: Excuses for live in parents after doing external tibia?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:13:55 PM »

There is literally no way to get out of this. How do you explain yourself being taller? Unless your parents are the most naive people on the planet, they will know you're lying.

Bander72

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:19:17 PM »

Go for lon and stay away until the frames are off. A lot easier to convince them then and they will know somethings wrong when your taller.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 03:04:08 PM »

Its only 2 inches. I mean I could just say I had a late life growth spurt since Im only like 20 when I do the surgery. Ill tell them I fell down a structure and broke my legs in russia.

google42

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »

Its only 2 inches. I mean I could just say I had a late life growth spurt since Im only like 20 when I do the surgery. Ill tell them I fell down a structure and broke my legs in russia.

I would rather tell them I had growth spurt. Plus your 20 so it's not impossible to have a little growth at that age.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 03:42:31 PM »

Yep I think Ill just go with the growth plate excuse. They should only notice the height increase after distention where nothing can be done, ie. lock the nail.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 04:33:36 PM »

Hiding this procedure from those you live with is almost impossible and will almost certainly add a high amount of unneeded stress and pressure during a highly stressful and difficult time. I would advise you speak with them.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 12:08:23 AM »

My mother would never approve. She might even send me to a psyciatrist. Im gonna try to use the broke my legs ans had surgery jn st petersburg excuse. Im not sure if it will work though.

vegeta24

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 12:44:34 AM »

They cut your balls off. Who cares what they think? Even though you're only planning two inches this time around you're planning to go for two more. They will definitely know you did this procedure. I wouldn't bother trying to explain it to them until after you get the procedure. You're gonna tell them you broke your legs and they will wonder why you will have frames on instead of a cast. Literally there's no way around this. Do it and then tell them the truth if you want too. Don't make up a ridiculous story that will probably fool a 12 year old.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 01:11:28 AM »

The people who cut my balls off were my biological parents. My adoptive parents didnt cut them off and ai feel they would probably be against something like that. Im absolutely sure my mother would go crazy if she knew I did this surgery though. They arent too intelligent so I hope they might accept an excuse that the surgical technique is a new one.

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 01:28:11 AM »

As long as you get 3 inches, the opinion or family is irrelevant and accept It, you May have to start a new life.
Budget will determine my future.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 01:43:06 AM »

Im doing only 2 inches. Im hoping I can pass it off as a late life growth spurt.

onemorefoot

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 01:56:28 AM »

I would be satisfied with 3 inches in the tibias.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 02:03:13 AM »

I would too but my tibia are much too long to allow for that
 Besides I want to keep my lengthening conservative (6cm)

vegeta24

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 02:47:45 AM »

3 inches in tibias are too dangerous. Really you should only do 5cm on tibias. I still think having longer tibias than femurs must effect the body mechanics somehow. I would like to know if anyone currently has this and if it effects their walking.

onemorefoot

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 03:04:18 AM »

3 inches in tibias are too dangerous. Really you should only do 5cm on tibias. I still think having longer tibias than femurs must effect the body mechanics somehow. I would like to know if anyone currently has this and if it effects their walking.
Is not Dangerous, read the diary of Medium Drink. Dependance in you current lengthening too.

vegeta24

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 03:09:47 AM »

Is not Dangerous, read the diary of Medium Drink. Dependance in you current lengthening too.

Just because it worked well for someone else does not mean it will work well for others. Leg lengthening in general is dangerous but doing 7cm on tibias has more risk than doing 7cm on femurs. Odds are that this will bring someone into the longer tibia than femurs territory which is not natural and can't be good. Look at Swedens diary, he did 7cm on tibia and had problems.

onemorefoot

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 03:19:44 AM »

Just because it worked well for someone else does not mean it will work well for others. Leg lengthening in general is dangerous but doing 7cm on tibias has more risk than doing 7cm on femurs. Odds are that this will bring someone into the longer tibia than femurs territory which is not natural and can't be good. Look at Swedens diary, he did 7cm on tibia and had problems.
I think if you do pure external you Can take more cm, doing lon It is more difficult, It Can cause xlegs or misaligents. Also Remember that the amount lengthened is not the sane that the amount gained.

vegeta24

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 03:30:45 AM »

I think if you do pure external you Can take more cm, doing lon It is more difficult, It Can cause xlegs or misaligents. Also Remember that the amount lengthened is not the sane that the amount gained.

I did a thread a few days ago asking about tibias and externals. KiloKhan asked Parihar and he said losing height with externals is rare and the most you can expect to lose is a few mm which is 0.5 mm to a few mm. Barely any difference.

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 03:56:38 AM »

I did a thread a few days ago asking about tibias and externals. KiloKhan asked Parihar and he said losing height with externals is rare and the most you can expect to lose is a few mm which is 0.5 mm to a few mm. Barely any difference.
Maybe depends on the kind or the fixator, becuase some people reportage over 1 cm or heighg Lost. Subsidence esist, se Need a clear explanation.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 04:50:24 AM »

Im getting my height measured before surgery. If Im only 162 cm I will do 6cm. If I am 163cm or 164cm I will do 5cm only. I just dont want to have overly long tibia. Besides, its pretty risky to legnthen so much.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 04:51:46 AM »

I actually thought it is common to lose more height with externals bc of the way the fixiators lie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up