Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why on the hell am I short ?!!! My past  (Read 1244 times)

guichethope

Why on the hell am I short ?!!! My past
« on: March 16, 2017, 05:06:57 PM »

Hi guys everyone here or almost are short we are all willing or searching for the same thing . But there is this question that is inside my head all day long , why am I short . Let's talk about my past ( growth spurt) , when I was a kid I was very fit ( 0 years to 12 or 13 years old ) . my predicted height for my first 10 years was 180 , 178 . But after that .... i became overweighted no sport and i came into food ( the bad ) . I ate a lot of candies ( fu**) and a lot at mc donald's very very often  . I was around 152 cm at 12 13 years old . I will put a pic of my growth pattern . And i finally finished at 170 ( fu**) . My mother was 5 ft and my dad 5ft 10-11 . Do you think that I could have lost all  these inches cause of the food or this is mostly genetic .  ::)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Why on the hell am I short ?!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:11:27 PM »

You didn't screwed yourself over. Having tall dad doesn't mean you will be tall aswell. I have tons of very fat/not eating well tall friends that outgrown their parents.

And trust me growing at all is better than being the same height since 12yo. 5'7 isn't even that bad.

guichethope

Re: Why on the hell am I short ?!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 05:15:29 PM »

I am very very sad cause of that you know . I always thought  that i have lost some inches cause my predicted height is so different that my height right now. I did the opposite of what i should have done .

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Why on the hell am I short ?!!! My past
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »

And i was predicted from 5'9 to even 6'7 range(cuz of my uncles) and i finished as 5'5.

Stuff happens, you didn't fked yourself so stop really dwelling on it.

Jack1066

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »

You have to be really malnourished to stunt your growth. Sounds like you weren't :P

In which case it's mostly genetics. Maybe you lost a few mm off your height potential but it takes a lot to noticeably stunt it. I heard that short genes are dominant and tall genes are recessive. So it makes sense that you can have a tall dad and grow up to be shorter.

Don't fk yourself up over it anyway. There's no point. You're at what height you are now, take it from there.

YungGud

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 05:34:27 PM »

it can be genetics or big difference in height between your mom and dad ,food also ,but i think its All together
5 ft 7 not that bad by the way..
How old are you?
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 05:35:46 PM »

You answered ur own question. It was because u had a crappy diet which almost everyone has as a kid. 20% of height is dictated by the foods u eat so u cud have been maybe a strong 5'6 or solid 5'7 if u ate right back in the day. But eating good or not u wouldve have the similar height u do now give or take some cms. Simply put, the way u are genetically predisposed doesnt need a answer. My friend has diabetes and his parents dont have it neither does his grandparents (maternal and paternal) however, he inherited it from his great grandfather on his maternal side. You can't help the way u are genetically designed.

Edit: i wouldn't consider 5'7 "short" its not tall by any means but wouldnt go as far as saying its short. Where do u live? And secondly, dont waste ur time feeling guilty or regretful LL will always be around and u can safely lengthen 2 inches at ur height that shud put u to a respectable 5'9

guichethope

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »

I'm 19 by the way and i am turkish and french

YungGud

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 05:52:28 PM »

you still have a tiny chance of natural growth about an inch ,no more and you can start save up your money for LL ,you young and  have plenty of time for that (better to do this in your 20s)
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 05:56:11 PM »

I was only 145 cm when I was 12 and grew to 164 cm by the time I stopped growing at 15. I was active in sports a lot and ate well but that's just the way genetics work. My mom's grandpa was only 153 cm because he stopped growing at around 13 or 14. I guess our plates just fuse earlier in that line of my family.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 07:10:31 PM »

You have to be really malnourished to stunt your growth. Sounds like you weren't :P

In which case it's mostly genetics. Maybe you lost a few mm off your height potential but it takes a lot to noticeably stunt it. I heard that short genes are dominant and tall genes are recessive. So it makes sense that you can have a tall dad and grow up to be shorter.

Don't fk yourself up over it anyway. There's no point. You're at what height you are now, take it from there.

I completely agree, lack of calories as malnutrition is what causes height loss, not excess and the body is incredible in how it can manage with poor nutrition, I doubt he even lost a few millimeters. The second part is so important - so many people on this forum are looking for the 'reason' why they are short and become neurotic and depressed, even if that was to blame for why that person is that height, it makes no difference to the present - unless you have access to a time machine to go back and change things, perhaps administer some HGH why obsess and worry about something you have absolutely no possibility of changing? Look at what you can change and put your energy into that.

You answered ur own question. It was because u had a crappy diet which almost everyone has as a kid. 20% of height is dictated by the foods u eat so u cud have been maybe a strong 5'6 or solid 5'7 if u ate right back in the day. But eating good or not u wouldve have the similar height u do now give or take some cms. Simply put, the way u are genetically predisposed doesnt need a answer. My friend has diabetes and his parents dont have it neither does his grandparents (maternal and paternal) however, he inherited it from his great grandfather on his maternal side. You can't help the way u are genetically designed.

Edit: i wouldn't consider 5'7 "short" its not tall by any means but wouldnt go as far as saying its short. Where do u live? And secondly, dont waste ur time feeling guilty or regretful LL will always be around and u can safely lengthen 2 inches at ur height that shud put u to a respectable 5'9

I agree, I strongly doubt there would be much of a difference because of his diet, short stature due to nutrition is correlated with excessive lack of calories rather than excess. I like how you said 'The way you are genetically predisposed doesn't need an answer' which is true, genetics determine the vast majority of height, no point in sweating the past either.

Chris

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »

I stopped growing at around 15 years. At the same time my mother told me that she thinks that I'm starting to get bold.
Today, I've been thinking that if you stop growing early, it might have something to do with growing up with too much testosterone. Maybe it speeds up adulthood.
I could be wrong of course, just a theory.
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Body Builder

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 08:08:28 PM »

You are relativley short like million of people because height has to do with much more complicated genetics than your parents height.
Thats why many people are much taller than their parents while other are short.

After all, for half a Turkish 5.7 isn't short as in this country average man is about 5.8-5.85.
So there is no reason to ask why you are not tall. Because thats what your genes meant for you to be .
The only you can do to change it is LL.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »

I stopped growing at around 15 years. At the same time my mother told me that she thinks that I'm starting to get bold.
Today, I've been thinking that if you stop growing early, it might have something to do with growing up with too much testosterone. Maybe it speeds up adulthood.
I could be wrong of course, just a theory.

Both testosterone and estrogen have an effect on growth and the growth plates, aromatase inhibitors (AIs) are a class of drugs that prevent conversion of androgens to estrogens, and that are approved in the United States as adjunctive treatment of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. Because ultimate fusion of the growth plates is estrogen-dependent in both boys and girls, AI administration may help to slow down epiphysial maturation and allow for greater height potential as to why some people use them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up