Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: catagni or peng?  (Read 1544 times)

fivetenneeded2016

catagni or peng?
« on: March 10, 2017, 06:43:21 AM »

I am confused on who to goto for a faster yet safer recovery for 7.5cms on tibias.

Peng is definitely faster because of LATN and safer in the sense no ATL(his device is great). Only worried about permanent knee pain.

Catagni coz hes like the God for tibias. But external would require to do 9 to hit 7.5 after shrinkge. And obviously greater recovery time.

Anyone heard of permanent knee pain from pengs patients after nail removal?

please help me decide.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

fivetenneeded2016

Re: catagni or peng?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 06:44:49 AM »

not bothered about place and travel. I fear of ATL that catagni would do after 5cm. So device is the drawback from catagni.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »

if u cud afford both i'd do peng. I've heard how much catagni frames you have to turn twice the amount you want because of the inaccuracy which to me is BS it's 2017 he needs to get updated frames like everyone else.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:28:07 PM »

if u cud afford both i'd do peng. I've heard how much catagni frames you have to turn twice the amount you want because of the inaccuracy which to me is BS it's 2017 he needs to get updated frames like everyone else.
Catagni is as updated as it gets. With his device(HEF), aside from the other benefits, you actually 'lose' less than you would with any other external device. He is however very realistic and will let you know that it's possible to gain around 1-1.5 cm less than what you turn. I myself turned 6.4cm and had an actual gain of 6cm.
Aside from that, he constantly has a stream of doctors from all over the world (including Paley at one point) coming to study under him.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 09:38:07 PM »

Catagni is as updated as it gets. With his device(HEF), aside from the other benefits, you actually 'lose' less than you would with any other external device. He is however very realistic and will let you know that it's possible to gain around 1-1.5 cm less than what you turn. I myself turned 6.4cm and had an actual gain of 6cm.
Aside from that, he constantly has a stream of doctors from all over the world (including Paley at one point) coming to study under him.

I doubt there is concrete evidence that in his device you lose less than u would with any other ext device. Probably said that to market himself more. However, i find it interesting that Docs have been under his guidance any documents on that?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 09:40:07 PM »

I doubt there is concrete evidence that in his device you lose less than u would with any other ext device. Probably said that to market himself more. However, i find it interesting that Docs have been under his guidance any documents on that?

Just read Catagni's CV. He is a god with Ilizarov in the west basically teaching all western docs how to do it. Actually, read any western doc CV and see they went to Lecco to study how to use the Ilizarov.
I learned some stuff during this time

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 09:46:27 PM »

Just read Catagni's CV. He is a god with Ilizarov in the west basically teaching all western docs how to do it. Actually, read any western doc CV and see they went to Lecco to study how to use the Ilizarov.

Will do. I think i remember reading on Paley's CV that he studied LL in Italy in like '86? Never thought of a connection between him and catagni perhaps his met Pili too

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 09:55:45 PM »

Will do. I think i remember reading on Paley's CV that he studied LL in Italy in like '86? Never thought of a connection between him and catagni perhaps his met Pili too

For the record, Pili/Catagni never told me that with their device you 'lose' less, that was simply my conclusion after comparing my results (.4 loss) with the diaries of patients who went elsewhere (usually 1.5cm+).
-I admit I'm biased in their favor, which is one of the reasons I stopped myself from posting until now.

Bander72

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 10:59:34 PM »

I don't know much of peng but this Catagni insists on only doing tibias lol like internal tibia is gonna be safer. And he said for 70% of people they get ATL after 3-5 cm. And he charges 35 to 40 k euros for Lon might as well go to Russia honestly.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

crimsontide

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 12:56:04 AM »

you do not lose cm after lengthening.  The  people who think they   turned enough for  x cm  seem not to realize that the odds are basically zero that every turn was   equal and exactly .25 mm

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 01:16:13 AM »

Catagni is the God of Ilizarov, but being in frames for almost a year is hell wherever you see it.
Budget will determine my future.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 01:10:32 AM »

For the record, Pili/Catagni never told me that with their device you 'lose' less, that was simply my conclusion after comparing my results (.4 loss) with the diaries of patients who went elsewhere (usually 1.5cm+).
-I admit I'm biased in their favor, which is one of the reasons I stopped myself from posting until now.

Theres alot of people in catagni diaries that claimed their final height was significantly less compared to how much they've turned but it wasn't recent diaries so maybe the frames were upgraded.
I dont consider u biased tho i think ur just knowledgeable on catagni in particular since u have first hand experience. But I probably wont afford him in my lifetime so idk why im discussing this lol

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 10:37:25 AM »

Well, wherever you go (assuming you're doing external) see if it's possible to use HEF or similar, something more advanced than the classic ilizarov.

doomsday

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 03:16:34 PM »

imho only LATN

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »

Well, wherever you go (assuming you're doing external) see if it's possible to use HEF or similar, something more advanced than the classic ilizarov.

i think ilizarov frames are too outdated so u dont gotta worry about that. But im definitely undergoing LON  cause i want to be out of frames asap. I liked dr. Salamehs frames cause it would mean less stress on the muscles during lengthening but you stay so long in them it sucks. A year is too long in frames.
Pages: [1]   Go Up