Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USA patients, time off of work for CLL, what to do when FMLA is over?  (Read 1092 times)

ggg112

• Visitor

For all past, present, or future CLL pts from the states, have any of you used FMLA time to be off of work during CLL, and if so, what happens if you used it all up and still need more time?

Ie; after the allotted 12 weeks your employer wants you to return to work, but you can't because your not yet physically capable and/or safe to be  doing your job WBAT without a device?

Can the company legally fire you if you have written doctor documentation stating you're incapable and need addy time?  Is it smart to retain a lawyer just in case the company tries to be unscrupulous and force you out prior to the 12 week period is over?

Re: USA patients, time off of work for CLL, what to do when FMLA is over?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:44:42 PM »

I imagine any defense you have will fall apart relatively quickly once it comes to light that you underwent an elective, cosmetic procedure full well knowing the risks and duration.

The Kaiser

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 12:18:48 AM »

I imagine any defense you have will fall apart relatively quickly once it comes to light that you underwent an elective, cosmetic procedure full well knowing the risks and duration.

I think you can ask a doctor to not mention it as cosmetic right?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 01:35:41 AM »

They're only required to give you the minimum amount the law requires. If you need an extension, it's within the company's rights to say no and terminate your employment. It's what our HR told me.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ggg112

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 02:31:51 AM »

KiloKHAN, I was under that same impression.  However, now I'm a bit confused about the stipulations.   I work as a Physical Therapist Assistant at two different nursing and rehab facilities.  We have a PT that is only 2.5 months pregnant and had lifting restrictions so she, (from my understanding), is still with us, (the company is very cut throat, IMO), but can't "fulfill" her job duties of lifting patients, as there is no such thing as "light duty" in my field... Therefore is on what I'm assuming is a medical hold of some sorts

I think the girl is trying to hold her cards close and not talk to much in case something would go to court, because she's quite verbose and emotional but doesn't say more than vauge cryptic type stuff when people from work have reached out to her.

From everything I gather though, once she gives birth, she's back.  However let's just say two weeks off after giving birth, that's 6 months off.

So I'm wondering are there stipulations somewhere saying this is OK for a high risk pregnancy vs....X, y, or z, situation?

I'm going to call HR myself but I'm a little paranoid and I work with some snakes, so I'm trying to tread lightly if possible to not mess up jobs that will hopefully help finance my CLL in the future.

ggg112

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:44:44 AM »

Also, has anyone ever had any success or known of anyone successfully getting around time post FMLA 12 weeks..Ie; Doing CLL so that the way it falls during your company's calendar or fiscal year, ..Or whatever they have it set as,..... Basically they run into each other so that you have double the amount of time.

I know that everyone trying to do CLL can't have the most compassionate employers on the planet, (giving them 4 plus months off) and/or desk jobs.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up