Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody who did this surgery in tibias actually he practise martial arts?  (Read 2870 times)

paco1

paco1

I would like to know if there are somebody who in the past did lenthening in tibias and after this he do martial arts.

Auron

hello

Auron

I think Sweden practiced martial arts before doing tibia surgery. However, he has been sufering since then and don't think hes able to practice anymore.

I think Sweden practiced martial arts before doing tibia surgery. However, he has been sufering since then and don't think hes able to practice anymore.

I think it's important to look at the circumstances surrounding his procedure as to why he has suffered so badly, after reading his diary it's patently clear why he has had so many issues.

He underwent 7CM of tibial lengthening via LON with Dr Sarin in India in 2013 resulting in very bad misalignment and severe genu valgum which he incorrectly blamed on muscular weakness and may still do - to the best of my knowledge, he has not had them fixed. Because of the severe genu valgum, both knees are damaged and he has stated they are worsening, his right ankle is tight and his right foot is broken -  to the best of my knowledge, he has not had it fixed. he still has his nails in, he can no longer participate in exercise without pain and can barely run. It is now 4 years after the initial surgery and is now considering femoral lengthening.

My stamina is around 50% of what it used to be. Very difficult to gain better stamina now.
Leg muscles are back at 70%. They still look small. Calf muscles have exploded, they're the worlds biggest. Even equal to my thighs, looks bizarre.

On a good day I still do the splits. I have difficulties reaching my toes with straight legs.
My shins are too long proportion wise. Don't pass 5cm on shins.

Explosiveness never came back. Impossible. Calfs are just big and blunt. There is no grace trying to jump on one leg. Overall jumping is very difficult.

Knees ache every morning. It is still difficult to get up each and every morning and take the first steps.

X-legs is still there and knees can ache sometimes bc of it although it has improved(the ache) last 6 months.

I'm going to a new physical therapist and the local orthopedic center is looking for a new solution to my feet. Not really suffering from ballerina but I would benefit from having better range of motion in my ankles.

Even though I've suffered a lot(many has suffered way much more but they don't know how to measure it so they think they're fine - they're not) I'm happy I did it. It is still absolute priceless meeting with new people and being at the same eye level or above.
I'm a full head taller than my wife too. It's just great. Pictures of us look much better. =)

Not sure what else to tell about. Ask me anything. I did the surgery in January 2013. 7cm, should have stopped at 5cm.

Still want 4cm on femurs - it won't improve my general proportions, only leg proportions.

I sincerely hope he makes fixing his issues a priority and recovers to a satisfactory level.

doomsday

No one can answer you question.  Sweden has different body than you. There is also million factors that will affect the final result.

IwannaBeTaller

He underwent 7CM of tibial lengthening via LON with Dr Sarin in India in 2013

Since he only gained 5 cm, I think we can safely assume his legs only got longer by 5 cm, no? He went from 173 to 178.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Since he only gained 5 cm, I think we can safely assume his legs only got longer by 5 cm, no? He went from 173 to 178.

From his signature -

173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Did he say he lost height?

IwannaBeTaller

He lengthened by 7 cm but then shrunk back to 178, which I can only assume is because the bones in his legs recompressed again.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

That sounds plausible. Unfortunately, the soft tissue was lengthened to 7CM initially even if the bone later reverted to 5CM.

doomsday

That sounds plausible. Unfortunately, the soft tissue was lengthened to 7CM initially even if the bone later reverted to 5CM.
OMG im reading your posts and its total garbage! Bone reverting to 5 cm with a rod inside? AHAHHAHA

I wasn't the one who initially stated he had lost height. I believed he had lengthened 7CM as evidenced by his diary and signature, IwannaBeTaller then informed me that Sweden had said he had shrunk somewhat which I recall reading. Apart from miscalculating or incorrectly measuring, the only other explanation I can see is the one that IwannaBeTaller put forward - subsidence of the bone.

Subsidence is something we cannot fully explain. Logically if the bone is strong enough, the length should stay the same. There are however some patients where some length is lost gradually afterwards -> probably due to some 'plastic deformation' of the new bone. This is disconcerting. Especially since it tends to happen gradually and long after the procedure.

Are you denying that subsidence happens or that it isn't possible with a rod still remaining in the bone? If the former, subsidence is an established and observed phenomenon that can and does occur, often when a patient begins weight bearing to early or frames removed to quickly. If the latter, I was unaware that a rod would prevent it and apologize if I was wrong. I'm still learning here. Which part of the 3 posts I have posted on this thread thus far are garbage? The first was discussing Sweden's lengthening as it had been mentioned and I took the information from his diary, the second and third was about Sweden's apparent loss of height which I thought could be from subsidence. Either way, let's have a civil discussion about it like adults without reverting to insults or immaturity. Thanks.

onemorefoot

Bone cant compress with the nails inside. I think 173 is his morning height, so 171 was hid afternoonn height, if you add 7 you get 178 or maybe he got 180 cm when he had ballerina.
Budget will determine my future.

The Kaiser

hello

Maybe but not like before, i retired from the sport i always loved, because i know when i do this surgery its pointless to compete. If you care about Martial arts do not attempt this surgery, Good luck

yyes

Maybe but not like before, i retired from the sport i always loved, because i know when i do this surgery its pointless to compete. If you care about Martial arts do not attempt this surgery, Good luck

What if you do 5 cm in femurs instead of tibias? Isnt the likelihood of athletic recovery better in femurs ?

crimsontide

unless your bones are decaying, it is impossible for  solid bones to  become shorter. The likely explanation is that the person had a faulty initial measurement

No one is getting shorter 2 years after surgery

Jack1066

I thought subsidence occurred quite often, I think the statistics I heard were as high as 20% of the time in some cases, for an average of 4-17 mm.

Are you saying so long as your bones are strong enough it won't happen after the nails are removed?

Bigpoppapump

It varies on the amount you do. The more you do more you will generally lose

TIBIKE200

It varies on the amount you do. The more you do more you will generally lose

How is your recovery going? Since you are maybe the only one who did 2.5-3cm. (How much did you actually gain in height?)
I learned some stuff during this time

Bander72

We have to remember that he lengthen to 7 cm but might have gotten 6 cm since you dont ever get all that you lengthen on the device. The other cm could be just the diffrence betewn his morning and night height.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Body Builder

I thought subsidence occurred quite often, I think the statistics I heard were as high as 20% of the time in some cases, for an average of 4-17 mm.

Are you saying so long as your bones are strong enough it won't happen after the nails are removed?
Of course it won't happen if the bones are fully consolidated before you remove the external device, moreover internal nail.

I lengthened 7.5cm and it remained exactly the same even when I removed my monoral fixator (external only).
I can't understand why some people lose about 1cm after the fixator removal. If the bone is fully healed it can't be compressed.

As for Sweden, as far as I know he never mentioned that he lost 2 cm of his lengthened amount.
I think that his final height after lengthening remained the same after frames removal.

Jack1066

Sweet. I was kinda worried there for a bit.

I think Sweden actually still has his internal nail in from what I can remember.

onemorefoot

Bodybuilder ,I think some people lose height with the removal of the fixator becuase they took it off early( not early enough for fracture), slow desetabilization of the fixator may be the answer.
Budget will determine my future.

Body Builder

Bodybuilder ,I think some people lose height with the removal of the fixator becuase they took it off early( not early enough for fracture), slow desetabilization of the fixator may be the answer.
Maybe, but I can't understand why a doctor would let a patient remove the fixator without the bone being fully consolidated.
I had my monorails on for almost 11months (for 7.5 cm) to be completely sure that my bone is fully comsolidated, although my doctor told me that I could have removed it safely maybe even 1.5 month before.
I wanted to have a completely healed gap before I put it out to not risk compression or fractures and thats why I didn't lose height at all.

I suggest every LLer to be patient and never remove the fixator if the bone isn't fully healed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up