Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Consultation over LL surgery.  (Read 3634 times)

red

• Visitor
Consultation over LL surgery.
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:18:12 PM »

Hello dear forum.

I'm 19 years old male. 175 cm height. I realized the fact I won't grow any taller since my growing plates are closed (Checked via X-ray).

Me height really bothers me on my personal life. It messes up with my self-confidence since I simply can't acknowledge my short height.

Long story short, I look for a LL surgery on both Tibias and Femurs.

- Goal. I aim to gain 15 cm (from 5'7-6'3) overall. I think it's a realistic goal since I have always been into athletics and I am very flexible. Also I am pretty young and my body will recover fast.

- Payment. How much money should I save (+-) ? I got around 40K$ already but I doubt it's enough for the top-notch doctors. specially for a both Tibias and Femurs.

- Recovery. How much time will it take for me to recover (approximately). I am talking about the point where I can walk freely and lift weight.

- Surgeon. I know my goal is kinda overkill but I believe in myself and my body. I want to grow taller. Which surgeons are known as the top-notch of LL procedures?

Sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language.

Thanks for the help,
Red.

6FeetSoon

Re: Consultation over LL surgery.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 11:29:13 PM »

Hello dear forum.

I'm 19 years old male. 175 cm height. I realized the fact I won't grow any taller since my growing plates are closed (Checked via X-ray).

Me height really bothers me on my personal life. It messes up with my self-confidence since I simply can't acknowledge my short height.

Long story short, I look for a LL surgery on both Tibias and Femurs.

- Goal. I aim to gain 15 cm (from 5'7-6'3) overall. I think it's a realistic goal since I have always been into athletics and I am very flexible. Also I am pretty young and my body will recover fast.

- Payment. How much money should I save (+-) ? I got around 40K$ already but I doubt it's enough for the top-notch doctors. specially for a both Tibias and Femurs.

- Recovery. How much time will it take for me to recover (approximately). I am talking about the point where I can walk freely and lift weight.

- Surgeon. I know my goal is kinda overkill but I believe in myself and my body. I want to grow taller. Which surgeons are known as the top-notch of LL procedures?

Sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language.

Thanks for the help,
Red.

For starters, how about we establish that at 175cm, you're about 5'9 not 5'7.
Also, 15 cm is overkill. Let's temper the expectations about what recovery would look like for that kind of lengthening (hint: doesn't matter how athletic or flexible you are, 6 inches is pushing the boundaries of what most legitimate doctors will permit)

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:33:13 PM »

5'7-6'3 is overkill imo because 5'11 is already moderately tall. but if you wanna be the next apo be my guest. and with 40k you wont afford both limbs surgery if you want a top notch doctor. you can afford india and russia external tibia + accomodation unless you go home for lengthening as for femurs i would do internal if i were you which is on the pricey side so might have to save up some more

Alu

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »

That will be $200K+ kid. Good luck giving up on your dreams.

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 11:37:49 PM »

5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 12:26:13 AM »

Seriously what is this forum anymore

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 12:44:42 AM »

My dream is to become 200 cm, since I have a friend who is 205 cm and he always teases me about my height. I'm confident I can do 15 cms on each segment and recover well since I'm very flexible and I'm also young. Also 200 cm is just a bit above average these days. Can you recommend a doctor?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

TheLichKing

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 12:49:40 AM »

Slowly becoming more like Reddit/r/short now. Soon we'll have people saying 5'11 manlet looking for LL surgery for +10 cm to become 6'3.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 12:51:27 AM »

6'3 lmao fkin dwarfs

7' turian masterrace

vegeta24

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »

yeah don't do it dude. it's not even worth it. You really shouldn't even do more than 5 cm at your height. 6'3 is a height a lot of women would consider "too tall", I think height is more mainstream on forums and online. 15 cm is way too much and you'll probably lose half your athletic ability, I just don't see someone being okay physically forever after lengthening that much. Your arms will also look too short like that APO guy. If you were to get the surgery you should not done more than 5cm internal femur or 4cm on tibias.

TheLichKing

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 12:57:28 AM »

6'3 lmao fkin dwarfs

7' turian masterrace

lmfao. It's actually funny but sad and scary at the same time. I don't know what the future holds for this forum, lets hope it keeps out the contagious reddit virus out as much as possible.

Goal. I aim to gain 15 cm (from 5'7-6'3) overall.

You're 5'9 not 5'7. And if you really are up for it do 7 cm MAX (6 cm recommended) on your femurs and you'd be about 6'0. Two segments isn't worth it in a million years.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Bander72

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »

I would say he might not really know what his height is since he has two different numbers. He should go get measured and go from there.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

red

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 05:31:11 PM »

My dream is to become 200 cm, since I have a friend who is 205 cm and he always teases me about my height. I'm confident I can do 15 cms on each segment and recover well since I'm very flexible and I'm also young. Also 200 cm is just a bit above average these days. Can you recommend a doctor?
It appears short people here got a great sense of humor. That really warms my heart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For all the jokers around here - I am not trolling. All my friends are 6 foot tall and I am the manlet guy in our group.

My height is 175 cm which is 5'9. I wrote the thread from my phone so the text got messy.

It really frustrates me since my height ruins my night game (Going out to bars, parties etc..) and most of the hot women LOOK for tall men (5'11 is the minimum in my country).

Also I'm a freshman student and I see how students and teachers treat short people..They don't get as much respect as tall people. Same goes pretty much for any other aspect in our lives.

I know my goal is an overkill but I want to grow tall as much as possible and there are people who grew over 10 cm overall.

I know it is very dangerous in the short term (surgery complications) and in the long term (disproportions, reduced athletic ability) and yet I desire it.

I am really young at the moment and I want to deal with it as soon as possible. I use elevator shoes daily but that's not a solution I look for.

EDIT: What is the realistic goal for femurs/tibias (each)? 5cm each?

onemorefoot

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 05:41:59 PM »

There had Been quads here for 11 cm, I wouldnt recommend more than that. About the money it could he easier if you go for internal femurs and LON.
Budget will determine my future.

Alu

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »

It appears short people here got a great sense of humor. That really warms my heart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For all the jokers around here - I am not trolling. All my friends are 6 foot tall and I am the manlet guy in our group.

My height is 175 cm which is 5'9. I wrote the thread from my phone so the text got messy.

It really frustrates me since my height ruins my night game (Going out to bars, parties etc..) and most of the hot women LOOK for tall men (5'11 is the minimum in my country).

Also I'm a freshman student and I see how students and teachers treat short people..They don't get as much respect as tall people. Same goes pretty much for any other aspect in our lives.

I know my goal is an overkill but I want to grow tall as much as possible and there are people who grew over 10 cm overall.

I know it is very dangerous in the short term (surgery complications) and in the long term (disproportions, reduced athletic ability) and yet I desire it.

I am really young at the moment and I want to deal with it as soon as possible. I use elevator shoes daily but that's not a solution I look for.

EDIT: What is the realistic goal for femurs/tibias (each)? 5cm each?

Come on man... This is practically the reason I don't give people like you advice on this sort of thing; you're not going to make the right judgement call anyways so why should I bother?

You need to see someone, get it all out and realized that's the wrong perspective to have. Considering your height it's not to say you have a crappy mentality, as much as you have the wrong mentality. Grow up, pun intended.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »

where are you from that 5'11 is the "minimum"? Btw, how do you know what is the minimum? Who established it? I must have skipped that part in the "you are short as fk" manual
I learned some stuff during this time

midnightninja

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 07:37:12 PM »

First of all you're delusional. You're 5'9" not 5'7"

I would highly advise you to only lengthen 2 inches (5.08cms) on your femurs.

You'll then be 5'11" which is essentially 6'.0" to girls.

midnightninja

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 07:40:15 PM »

7 cm MAX (6 cm recommended) on your femurs and you'd be about 6'0. Two segments isn't worth it in a million years.

STOP SAYING 6CM IS RECOMMENDED IT IS NOT. 5.08CM IS LITERALLY THE MOST RECOMMENDED LENGTH FOR FEMUR.

6cm is not noticeable compared to 5cm and it takes less time and less tension on the ligaments.

5cm is ideal for femurs.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 07:46:27 PM »

Two segments isn't worth it in a million years.

Wut

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »

Wut

Yeah, that comment confused me too. From everything I have read, aside from the initial risks of extra surgery, lengthening both segments is far preferable to the same amount on one segment. I thought this was generally accepted around here unless there are other reasons besides surgery risk to account for.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »

STOP SAYING 6CM IS RECOMMENDED IT IS NOT. 5.08CM IS LITERALLY THE MOST RECOMMENDED LENGTH FOR FEMUR.

6cm is not noticeable compared to 5cm and it takes less time and less tension on the ligaments.

5cm is ideal for femurs.

I would also personally advise not going beyond 5CM on any segment, complications generally appear to become more frequent beyond this point.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 10:17:32 PM »

Imho going 5,5 femur 4,5 tibia if you do quad is probably the best choice since you will still have 0.8 segment ratio.

TheLichKing

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 11:00:09 PM »

Wut

Yeah, that comment confused me too. From everything I have read, aside from the initial risks of extra surgery, lengthening both segments is far preferable to the same amount on one segment. I thought this was generally accepted around here unless there are other reasons besides surgery risk to account for.

Ofcourse 2 segments is better than 1 segment when a person needs to do excessive lengthening. I wasn't generally talking, I meant for OP specifically since he's already 5'9 (175 cm), for him 2 segments wouldn't ever be worth it, the amount of time and money would be too much.

He got a great starting height and shouldn't even be considering LL imo but if he would really like to get taller, he should make the most out of 1 segment lengthening and for that he should be lengthening his femurs since as a rule of thumb they allow for more lengthening of +1-1.5 cm safely being naturally longer than tibias (unless he's an absolute height fanatic or something and wants to be 6'0+ at all costs lol).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:31:47 PM by TheLichKing »

Pages: [1]   Go Up