Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Dr. Guichet Legit? I'm getting desperate here...  (Read 6067 times)

threenoted

• Visitor
Is Dr. Guichet Legit? I'm getting desperate here...
« on: September 30, 2013, 04:08:16 AM »

I'm simply devastated at this point. Getting LL has been my number 1 goal in life for the last few years and I've worked incredibly hard to earn money to pay for this procedure. However, I cannot trust a single word on old forum  anymore. At first I planned on doing the surgery with Dr. M, but he turned out to be a fraud, and up until today I was planning on doing the surgery with Betz...but now that I know Apo is his little shill, I can't possibly commit. Now I know why Betz doesn't have any information online aside from old forum  and his website. It all makes sense now.

So my question is: What's the deal with Guichet? Is he going to destroy my legs? Am I going to be a cripple? I'm hoping that he's the real deal; I just want to get this procedure with a doctor who isn't shady. I was so convinced that this surgery is relatively risk free, but now I'm seriously doubting if anyone can become normal after this surgery.

Sweden

Re: Is Dr. Guichet Legit? I'm getting desperate here...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:49:20 AM »

I would do it with Guichet if I could afford him. The surgery is never risk free, forget about that.

Go ahead and do it with Guichet and don't go more than 7cm. Good luck.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

threenoted

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:56:08 AM »

I would do it with Guichet if I could afford him. The surgery is never risk free, forget about that.

Go ahead and do it with Guichet and don't go more than 7cm. Good luck.
What I meant to say was that I want to minimize risk. I appreciate your advice, Sweden. I've been reading your journal on old forum , and I gotta say, I really hope everything works out with your recovery. You seem like a cool dude, and I'm rooting for you to be 100% recovered.

...but damn, I can't find any information on Guichet aside from his website and old forum .

Also, does anyone know why he's practicing in Milan rather than Marseilles? Seems a bit odd.

Need2BTaller

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 05:15:17 AM »

imo I believe Guichet is one of the more competent LL doctor.  He has very strict regulations (Flexibility, Right mindset, and Realistic Goals).  I've chatted with a couple of his ex-patients and they all liked him a lot as a doctor.  Though, they say he may not be as "emotional supportive" as you'd like him to be, but as a professional, he is second to none.   

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:23:24 AM »

From the diaries I have read and from the things I've read by Dr. Guichet, I think you'd be in very competent hands. He's got a no-nonsense approach to leg lengthening and demands specific levels of physiotherapy. So, in my opinion, Dr. Guichet is a good doctor. However, don't let opinions dictate where you decide to do your surgery. If you're really thinking of Guichet, go have a consultation with him so you can form your own opinion, not only about his skill as a surgeon, but about his attitude and whether or not you think he will have good bedside manner, will respond to medical concerns on time, etc.

There are certainly risks involved in leg lengthening. But, if you're hardcore with your physiotherapy and don't go crazy with the lengthening, I think you can make a good recovery. It's the people who slack off and go to quack orthopedic doctors that have the terrible problems for the most part.

Good luck with your surgery wherever you decide to go. Hope you decide to contribute your experience here afterward. :)
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Adriano

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 05:25:09 AM »

Guichet is the main rival to Dr Betz and the US doctors for those who can afford them.  That is why Apotheosis only permits a limited number of diaries from him. Until he does business with him, Syop will continue to ensure he is not popular on his forum.

As a result you could expect that diaries from him are more honest than the ones we see from Dr Betz since Syoup deletes any posts which affect his businesss negatively.

threenoted

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 06:42:27 AM »

Thanks guys. I feel a little relieved now. I will definitely be updating everyone with my consultation come December. I really want this forum to succeed. old forum  is one huge infomercial now, and it's such a shame to see Apotheosis/Sysop make $$ by manipulating innocent patients. What a gigantic scumbag.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:02:29 AM »

Dr. Paley and Dr. Guichet seem to be the safest doctors in the LL market. Once I meet Guichet in early October, I will let you know about how my consultation went, and what my final decision is.

Carter

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »

If safety and athletic recovery is a priority, my choice between Doctor Guichet and Doctor Betz would be the former.  My opinion is that Guichet is the better of the two, even if his bedside manners is said to be detached whereas Betz is more friendly.

Dr Guichet is willing to reject patients who do not follow his recommendation to train furiously before the operation. Whereas Dr Betz seems happy to accept anyone who is willing to put money on the table, he'll even let you lengthen 11cm on one section or do cross lengthening if you want.

I am curious about why Guichet moved his operation from France to Italy, does it translate to cheaper prices?   

Also does anybody remember the rumors that Dr Guichet was suppose to allow Dr Sarin to use the Guichet nail? This was when talks started coming up about Sarin using internal nails.  Obviously that didn't come to fruition.   
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:38:58 PM by Carter »

Chenboy

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 07:46:13 AM »

I still consider Guichet is good or not cos hardly find information about him apart from old forum and his website

G-Man

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 05:21:04 PM »

You have a few Guichet diaries on the forum.
He invented the best nail on the planet, I wouldn't worry about his competences.  To make up your mind you should have a consultation with him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up