Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 6'0 Tall but would like longer legs, even worth it?  (Read 6860 times)

goku1997

• Visitor
6'0 Tall but would like longer legs, even worth it?
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:07:52 PM »

Hi all, I've been a lurker here for sometime and would like to know other people's input on this. I don't really have a desire to be any taller than I am currently at 6'0 without shoes. I'm a little insecure about my proportions though, my torso is most of my body and I would like my legs to be a little longer. I'm currently 19 years old and putting myself through a management information systems program. I wear 32 inseam pants which don't tower over my legs but my inseam is most likely 31". I have lurked here and saw that there was a 6'7 guy who had short legs and wanted to get this surgery for that reason. I would like 4 or 5 CM on my tibias if I decide to do this, would do femurs but I have somewhat long femurs and shorter tibias. I'm not really insecure about my height at all, I'm taller than most males and usually one of the tallest in the class. 

I think it has to do with the fact that I shouldn't even be 6'0 in the first place, my dad is 5'7 and my mom is 5'2. So I don't really come from a family of tall people. I'm not meaning to offend anyone so sorry if my presence here is offending anyone. Which doctors have a good recovery time and are generally safe bets? I'm also from America. I'm sure there's been people the same height or taller than me in this forum that still post here. I'm not sure I want to do this at all, to be honest I probably won't. I just want all the answers I need if I do decide to go through with it. I personally think longer legs look more aesthetic. Wouldn't want absolutely no more than 5 cm, I might even just stick to 4 cm. I also like to play basketball at my school gym so yeah. What's the recovery time for 4-5 cm Tibias/doctor and 4-5 cm femurs/doctor. Would prefer to be in Europe or the United states.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: 6'0 Tall but would like longer legs, even worth it?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »

I think it has to do with the fact that I shouldn't even be 6'0 in the first place, my dad is 5'7 and my mom is 5'2.

Are u serious. My parents are taller than urs and my moms family side has 6'7 members and i ended up 5'5 lol. Lucky bastard.

You are not rly offending anyone, and no that surgery is not worth it. Way too many bad things can happen. Don't even think about doing it if you enjoy playing basketball.
Put that LL money for a better use, buy a car or get buffed idk.

Cheers.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 10:53:57 PM »

6'0 Tall but would like longer legs, even worth it?

No.

Next question, please.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:48 PM »

no.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Jack1066

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 11:04:27 PM »

6'0 is more or less a perfect height anyway- quite tall but not too tall (it's possible!). Not worth turning out a cripple, or even just the time, money and stress that will go into LL.

goku1997

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 11:30:37 PM »

Thanks for the replies, just wanted to see what people thought about it and get advice from people who have done the surgery.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 12:55:24 AM »

Forget about it and if need be see a shrink

This is a painful time consuming surgery that takes a long time to recover from. Past about 2-4cms as well and you won't play basketball as well as you were able to.

Forget about it you are blessed getting to 6-0 with such short parents.

This is highly serious surgery it's amongst the most painful you can do

goku1997

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 01:11:07 AM »

I was under the impression that this surgery was relatively safe if a short amount was lengthened by a reputable qualified doctor and the recovery time wouldn't be as long if I didn't do it much. And i don't mind my height at all. If I was 6'0 with longer legs instead of a torso I wouldn't even be posting here. I was just posting for proportions wise. Thanks for your reply.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 01:47:53 AM »

Do it.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 01:48:04 AM »

I understand ur worry but its not worth it. i think all of us over think of proportions. naturally everyones proportions are perfect to their height and considering u probably havent been picked on or anything for supposedly short tibs that ill assume u only noticed since u didnt mention anyone else other than u noticing im pretty sure this surgery is only beneficial for ur personal gain and not social gain. this may or may not make u feel better but i would kill to be 6'0 naturally and i know ur intent wasn't to offend but your in a LL forum with 5'2,-5'7 guys expect to be discouraged from the surgery by us.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 03:30:35 AM »

1) I actually think your presence here is a blessing for many. The fact that a non height neurotic person says that at 6' he is taller than most people around him can put to rest the "taller generation is 5'11-6'" notion that has infested this forum in recent months.

2) Since you are young, you cannot afford a reliable doc for femurs. So tibias (externals) should be your path if you choose to do so.
  There are a few reliable tibia LL surgeons in europe.

Is it worth it or not, it's only for you to decide.
I learned some stuff during this time

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 03:54:13 AM »

The fact that a non height neurotic person says that at 6' he is taller than most people around him can put to rest the "taller generation is 5'11-6'" notion that has infested this forum in recent months.

L O L  at last!
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

goku1997

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 04:07:03 AM »

1) I actually think your presence here is a blessing for many. The fact that a non height neurotic person says that at 6' he is taller than most people around him can put to rest the "taller generation is 5'11-6'" notion that has infested this forum in recent months.

2) Since you are young, you cannot afford a reliable doc for femurs. So tibias (externals) should be your path if you choose to do so.
  There are a few reliable tibia LL surgeons in europe.

Is it worth it or not, it's only for you to decide.

Thank you for that. Hopefully I ease the mind of some users here. Do tibias have a longer recovery than femurs?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 04:16:14 AM »

Thank you for that. Hopefully I ease the mind of some users here. Do tibias have a longer recovery than femurs?

For around 2.5 inches of tibia lengthening with external methods, I was in frames for 1 year and 4 days, had to wear walking braces for a few months after that and learn how to balance again, and took months after that to be rid of lingering and random aches and pains. My traumatologist said a person who lengthens their tibias by two inches can expect around 2 years from initial surgery to feel like their pre-op self. I think that's generally true for tibia patients.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 04:29:42 AM »

I was under the impression that this surgery was relatively safe if a short amount was lengthened by a reputable qualified doctor and the recovery time wouldn't be as long if I didn't do it much. And i don't mind my height at all. If I was 6'0 with longer legs instead of a torso I wouldn't even be posting here. I was just posting for proportions wise. Thanks for your reply.

Regardless of the safety issue it would bring you little to no gain by getting it. Yes recovery can be faster if you do less than if you lengthen more but this is still a painful surgery regardless of how much lengthened. The down time, boredom, pain, discomfort etc etc is simply not worth it as at 6' you are pretty normal sized. At 6' you will be tall in a lot of Asian and eastern countries in the west you will be average/slightly tall depending on where you live and stay.

Doing this surgery is pointless for you. Forget about it and get on with your life.

This surgery is not as safe as it's made out to be on these boards. Probably 90% of folk who frequent these boards have not and never will do this surgery yet see fit to hand out advice to others thinking about it. This surgery was intended for limb length discrepancies and it is done as a last resort.

There is a guy who has just done 6cms on tibias who cannot walk properly as he has no movement in his ankles which is a common side effect of tibia lengthening and is rarely discussed on these boards as fools are too concerned with nonsense like proportions or choose to ignore it as they can't face the reality of the procedure.

Do not waste your cash on something that you will getnothing from

goku1997

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 04:35:23 AM »

Thank you for that. I thought most people here already had plans to get the surgery or have done it already. It's a shame about that guy who lengthened 6cm on his tibias and can't walk properly.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 04:37:29 AM »

For around 2.5 inches of tibia lengthening with external methods, I was in frames for 1 year and 4 days, had to wear walking braces for a few months after that and learn how to balance again, and took months after that to be rid of lingering and random aches and pains. My traumatologist said a person who lengthens their tibias by two inches can expect around 2 years from initial surgery to feel like their pre-op self. I think that's generally true for tibia patients.

Agreed the recovery period for this surgery takes a very very long time. And being in external frames takes its toll mentally on you. There's a lot of pain having frames on even when your bones are consolidated. Pin sites and screwed in pins hurt when you walk regardless of how long you have had them on.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 04:41:31 AM »

Thank you for that. I thought most people here already had plans to get the surgery or have done it already. It's a shame about that guy who lengthened 6cm on his tibias and can't walk properly.

Very few people on here have actually done it and likely never will. It's easy to talk about this and very different from actually doing it.

To be fair the guy is still only about 4 months post frame removal with rods inserted his walking may improved. As the above poster says the recovery time is very long.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 08:29:04 AM »

5cm on femur would be perfect for you. You only live once dude. Every single inch can make an insane difference in anyone's lives. 6' is already at a good percentile but 6'2 is probably top 5% (just guessing). That's Ivy League status. People say Guichet is really good at recovery for femurs.

Just know that it won't be easy. A lot of diaries make this seem like a cakewalk and glance over the pain. But I've seen videos that show otherwise. A serious emotional toll. You have to be mentally and emotionally prepared for this.

Bander72

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 10:42:28 AM »

My parents are literally the same stats as yours and I'm 175 cm morning height. I think you did just fine in height. Why not use 4cm lifts less painful.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 10:48:39 AM »

My parents are literally the same stats as yours and I'm 175 cm morning height.

I'm so done srsly

Bander72

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 10:50:12 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »

Penguinn

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »

If your legs are shorter than ideal, chances are your arms are too. People are either "long limbed" or "long torso'd". Are you sure you'll look proportionate?

My opinion: definitely not worth it unless you look like a freak right now.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 06:52:02 PM »

If your legs are shorter than ideal, chances are your arms are too. People are either "long limbed" or "long torso'd". Are you sure you'll look proportionate?

Idk i have seen tons of dudes with long arms and torso. I'm all torso and my wingspan is like 10cm above my height.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 06:54:59 PM »

My opinion: definitely not worth it unless you look like a freak right now.

There's definitely natural people with long legs and short arms, such as Conan O'Brien.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Penguinn

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 07:01:19 PM »

Idk i have seen tons of dudes with long arms and torso. I'm all torso and my wingspan is like 10cm above my height.

You're the ideal LL candidate then.

goku1997

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 07:05:27 PM »

My arms are kinda long, they're definitely not short. They are longer than my dads. I've noticed they're the same as people my height cause I looked at that before. All my bones are long/big except my legs lol. Isn't arm lengthening a thing too? I'd be too afraid to ever do that though.

Chris

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »

There's definitely natural people with long legs and short arms, such as Conan O'Brien.
And me :P
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 07:13:32 PM »

You're the ideal LL candidate then.

Yea maybe if i wouldn't be poor af.

My arms are kinda long, they're definitely not short. They are longer than my dads. I've noticed they're the same as people my height cause I looked at that before. All my bones are long/big except my legs lol. Isn't arm lengthening a thing too? I'd be too afraid to ever do that though.

Hmm, could you measure your arm length? I just want to compare.

Tbh i would be afraid to do arm lengthening too, especially that i'm a programmer lol.

InCollege

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 01:45:44 AM »

I don't really have a desire to be any taller than I am currently at 6'0 without shoes.

I would say don't bother with LL.  A year and a half ago when I was starting college, I was thinking about LL because I was only 5'11" and wanted to be taller.  In my case, I wasn't done growing and since then I have grown two inches to 6'1".  That just really exposed for me how absurd it would be for me to undergo LL.  LL would still have been absurd if I was still 5'11".

I still have a desire to be taller, but I understand that the issue is my thinking and not my height.  I suspect it is the same for you.  You are a tall man and your legs are plenty long.  There is nothing wrong with your body, just how you are thinking about it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up