Poll

Who is your first choice?

Dr. Birkholtz
Dr. Parihar
Dr. Donghoon
Dr. Rozbruch
Dr. Paley

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2017 Cost Comparison- PRECICE 2.2  (Read 11017 times)

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
2017 Cost Comparison- PRECICE 2.2
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:57:38 PM »

The following reputable surgeons all use the PRECICE 2.2 nail, and are listed by their 2017 overall cost, beginning with the least expensive. When calculating the price you must always factor in all the costs associated with limb lengthening. These include, but are not limited to: accommodation, food, physical therapy, transportation, medication, medical supplies, potential complications, etc... Not to mention the cost of nail removal 1-2 years later. These additional costs can easily add up to tens of thousands of dollars more. Research very carefully...

The links next to each surgeons name were all created in 2017. Click on each link to know what the surgeons updated 2017 price is, and other valuable information provided directly by the surgeon.

Please post your opinion on who your first choice for surgery is and why. It's always beneficial for everyone on the forum to understand the reason behind your decision.

1. Dr. Birkholtzhttp://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4154.0 

1-a. Dr. Parihar:   http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4097.0   

2. Dr. Donghoonhttp://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4098.0   

3. Dr. Rozbruchhttp://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4151.0     

4. Dr. Paley:   http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4096.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:09:00 PM by Stadiometer »

jbc

Re: 2017 Cost Comparison- PRECICE 2.2
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:41:39 AM »

I voted Dr. Paley due to his experience with the Precise and overall reputation/experience with CLL. However, I cannot overlook Dr. Birkholtz. Just reading through the material he posted, he comes across like a very honest and forthright clinician and his facilities are first rate. If I did not need to remain on US-based business hours it would be an incredibly difficult choice for me and money is not a factor.

Col92

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:02:51 PM »

I agree, I have been reading through a lot of older material and read his postings from a few years ago last night. He seems ethical and safe. I have sent him a few e mails as I would seriously consider him.

Lubak

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »

I chose Dr. Birkholtz with Dr. Rozbruch as a very close second. The price difference is what made my decision for me. I basically could have my femurs and tibias done with PRECICE going to Dr. Birkholtz for the same price of just the femurs with Dr. Rozbruch.

My original first choice was Dr. Guichet. Now I doubt i'd ever have surgery with him. His price is so damn expensive compared to most of the doctors on this list except Dr. Paley, and the Guichet nail is like an Atari that hurts every time you play it, when the PRECICE is like XBOX in a comfortable chair. I really like Dr. Birkholtz a lot, seems like such a good honest straightforward guy and his price is so affordable. I don't think you can go wrong with Dr. Parihar, I just don't feel comfortable going to India for my surgery. I never heard of Dr. Donghoon before, but I love the all inclusive package. The rooms look amazing at his guesthouse and his patient videos are something I wish every doctor would post! Dr. Rozbruch is great, his price with insurance is also great. Dr. Paley is the king, he's just not affordable for me.

mediocre

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 10:51:20 PM »

Great, comprehensive post. I also like the way Dr. Donghoon posts his videos; good evidence of his works. Going to India is very tempting due to price, but in the end, I don't think patients (especially foreigners) have much protection there.

I chose Dr. Birkholtz with Dr. Rozbruch as a very close second. The price difference is what made my decision for me. I basically could have my femurs and tibias done with PRECICE going to Dr. Birkholtz for the same price of just the femurs with Dr. Rozbruch.

My original first choice was Dr. Guichet. Now I doubt i'd ever have surgery with him. His price is so damn expensive compared to most of the doctors on this list except Dr. Paley, and the Guichet nail is like an Atari that hurts every time you play it, when the PRECICE is like XBOX in a comfortable chair. I really like Dr. Birkholtz a lot, seems like such a good honest straightforward guy and his price is so affordable. I don't think you can go wrong with Dr. Parihar, I just don't feel comfortable going to India for my surgery. I never heard of Dr. Donghoon before, but I love the all inclusive package. The rooms look amazing at his guesthouse and his patient videos are something I wish every doctor would post! Dr. Rozbruch is great, his price with insurance is also great. Dr. Paley is the king, he's just not affordable for me.

TheLichKing

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 01:38:21 AM »

Just read all the cost comparison between the reputable doctors doing precise 2 and unlike before I am now considering Dr. Birkholtz as well, in addition to Parihar. Both seem really legitimate at a very feasible cost. I don't understand why Dr. Donghoon is so expensive around Dr. Guichet's cost.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 02:51:01 AM »

Damn, if I had the money I would go to Birkholtz or Parihar, because for me precice 2 is the best nail now in the market.
Budget will determine my future.

Rod Thick

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 04:57:39 AM »

I'm with the dude who said the Guichet nail is like Atari and the Precice is like Xbox. So true! I don't understand the appeal of Guichet or his torture device nail. The guy charges his patients a crazy amount of money too.

For the guy who asked why Donghoon is so expensive like Guichet. That's because with Donghoon absolutely everything is included in the price. You literally have someone else taking care of everything for you right down to your food. I think its a pretty good deal if you ask me. You know the internet is super fast in South Korea so you can just do your physical therapy and stretch on your own while you watch movies in your nice guest room all day and someone else brings you your food three times a day.

Donghoon gets my vote.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

TheLichKing

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 05:11:30 AM »

I'm with the dude who said the Guichet nail is like Atari and the Precice is like Xbox. So true! I don't understand the appeal of Guichet or his torture device nail. The guy charges his patients a crazy amount of money too.

Agreed. I believe he is overpriced since he has that "brand image" of the Big Docs for LL and he offers a supposedly very good physical therapy and fast track recovery program. After reading how painful and difficult it was for Yellowspike, I'm most definitely convinced his nail is wayyyy overpriced and precise is the superior nail.

Moreover, Dr. Parihar and Birkholtz cost around 52k everything included I suppose but not sure about whether that includes caretaker or not, but looking at Dr. Donghoon, the caretaker service offered by his institute seems very high quality as well as accommodation and general facilities for the patient. There's still a 20-25k difference which is still quite a lot imo.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Rod Thick

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 05:25:23 AM »

We agree completely about Guichet being way overpriced and being more of a brand image than anything.

I think you are coming in a little high on Birkholtz and Parihar with 52k. I would be very surprised if anyone ended up spending more than 4-5k in South Africa or India for 90 days of housing, therapy, food etc.. I would say 45-46k total seems about right for the both of them. Its actually pretty amazing how affordable they are! I think Birkholtz made a good decision separating housing and therapy from his old price. Comes out cheaper for the patient.

You are correct that 20-25k is a lot more money for Donghoon. I just like the ease of everything being done for me and all I have to do is focus all my attention on stretching everyday. I guess i'm willing to pay that extra cost for convenience and the comfort of having the surgery in a first world country and living in a first world country for 90 days. Just my preference though.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:50:57 AM by Rod Thick »

TheLichKing

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 05:31:28 AM »

We agree completely about Guichet being overpriced and being more of a brand image than anything.

I think you are coming in a little high on Birkholtz and Parihar. I would be very surprised if anyone ended up spending more than 4-5k in South Africa or India for 90 days of housing, therapy, food etc.. I think Birkholtz made a good decision separating housing and therapy from his old price. Comes out cheaper for the patient.

So the question at hand is, is Dr. Donghoon really worth the extra 25-30k premium over Parihar and Birkholtz? I guess it's more of a personal preference.

**(Ok, got it by your edited post)**

Bander72

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 05:55:54 AM »

Mumbai where parihar is from is expensive so a first class hotel there will run more than 1k a month and South Korea is a nice place but im not sure I would compare it the same as Europe or the u.s but I guess it would be a step up from India and Africa.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

TheLichKing

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 07:32:55 AM »

Mumbai where parihar is from is expensive so a first class hotel there will run more than 1k a month and South Korea is a nice place but im not sure I would compare it the same as Europe or the u.s but I guess it would be a step up from India and Africa.

Fun fact: did you know Goku is 5'9 and 5'11 in SS4 form? Vegeta is only 5'5  :D (5'7 in SS4)
Source: dragonball.wikia.com

Bander72

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 08:01:20 AM »

Yup their based in Japan so that's like a 6 foot guy in the west at least at that time in the 90's and Gohan is the same height. I did not about ss4 as I try to forget about GT. :-X Lol vegeta always was what people think a short man Napoleon complex would act but in that world height does not really matter. Krillin was a ladies man lol.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

mediocre

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 11:17:23 PM »

South Korea is #1 in broadband.

For the guy who asked why Donghoon is so expensive like Guichet. That's because with Donghoon absolutely everything is included in the price. You literally have someone else taking care of everything for you right down to your food. I think its a pretty good deal if you ask me. You know the internet is super fast in South Korea so you can just do your physical therapy and stretch on your own while you watch movies in your nice guest room all day and someone else brings you your food three times a day.

Donghoon gets my vote.

mediocre

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 11:25:49 PM »

Sorry if this has been answered before (couldn't find elsewhere) and I've been away—what's the difference between Precice 2 vs 2.2?

Rod Thick

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 05:58:20 AM »

PRECICE 2.2 is a much stronger nail that can handle more weightbearing. The older versions of PRECICE are no longer manufactured. 

mediocre

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 07:52:58 AM »

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up