Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this unheard of ....free LL!?  (Read 1953 times)

Unknown User

• Visitor
Is this unheard of ....free LL!?
« on: January 04, 2017, 06:56:03 AM »

I'm completely new here, but I live in NY and have citizenship in EU. I reached out to one of the hospitals in home country to see if they offered this surgery and was told they do. I would need a doctors referral and a few months due to waiting list.

I then asked how much it would cost, and I was told if I am of citizen, it's free...

Do most EU countries do this, or just specific countries?

In case anyone wondering, it is a developed country. I don't want to specifically give out the country name just to keep my profle more anonymous for the time being and as it's a smaller country.

BiggestProblem

Re: Is this unheard of ....free LL!?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 07:09:20 AM »

Which EU country?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:31:05 AM »

Did you specifically mention that you're a short guy who wants to break his legs to become taller?
If not, I suspect the person who responded to your inquiry was of the mind that you had a legitimate deformity and were seeking correctional surgery.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »

If there would be free LL in EU i would have done it few months ago.

Unknown User

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 02:52:30 AM »

Did you specifically mention that you're a short guy who wants to break his legs to become taller?
If not, I suspect the person who responded to your inquiry was of the mind that you had a legitimate deformity and were seeking correctional surgery.

I did not, I just emailed them back and will be waiting for response. Good call!

%BXpY2rYwZ$rkiE$Fz6nh#oQY6yY#7J

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:51:34 AM »

The short answer is... no.

In countries with universal "free" healthcare, cosmetic LL is ONLY free for people with dwarfism (there are some official guidelines to be followed. I think is it something like below 150CM-155.) In theory, you could go abroad, get an external frame, go back to the EU and continues the process. However PT for an example is not free in Denmark, however, i cannot see why they would help you with removing the frame and the follow-up consultations and help with major corrections due to the lenghtening (they have to help you by law). 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:49:13 PM by Chopsuey »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »

The short answer is... no.

In countries with universal "free" healthcare, cosmetic LL is ONLY free for people with dwarfism (there is some official guidelines to be followed. I think is it something linke below 150CM-155. In theory you could go abroad, get an external frame, go back to the EU and continues the process.

150cm male 140cm female.

Chris

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »

What if someone had his/her surgery done (external/LON) and then went home to their EU country for removing the frames, locking the nails or even removing them after some years?
Could this actually be covered by health insurance? What if they said they had knee pain or risk of pinsite infection if the nails don't get locked and the frames don't come off?
I member that we have had a similar topic like this before. It was something like "the cheapest way to do LL" and someone went home to the US and actually had his frames removed for free.
I didn't like the idea at first for moral reasons, but now I think that if one's health insurance covers it (even if it was a loophole), they should definitely go for it.

Edit: Here is the topic
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 02:19:05 PM »

What if someone had his/her surgery done (external/LON) and then went home to their EU country for removing the frames, locking the nails or even removing them after some years?
Could this actually be covered by health insurance? What if they said they had knee pain or risk of pinsite infection if the nails don't get locked and the frames don't come off?
I member that we have had a similar topic like this before. It was something like "the cheapest way to do LL" and someone went home to the US and actually had his frames removed for free.
I didn't like the idea at first for moral reasons, but now I think that if one's health insurance covers it (even if it was a loophole), they should definitely go for it.

Edit: Here is the topic

I remember reading that thread and thinking, despite the OP's insisting he was in the right legally, a team of lawyers could very easily argue that he was committing insurance fraud. Hopefully he got out of it with no problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up