Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parihar vs Barinov vs Mitkovic - External tibias  (Read 1678 times)

DreamOf180cm

Parihar vs Barinov vs Mitkovic - External tibias
« on: January 03, 2017, 02:26:13 AM »

After reading many diary's and researching, I have 3 doctors on my mind. Who would you choose? And why would you choose that doctor? I know all three are reputable doctors in this field and I'm having trouble deciding. I think it would be difficult to get a consultation with all three cause they are all in different countries :(
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Bander72

Re: Parihar vs Barinov vs Mitkovic - External tibias
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 08:59:39 AM »

I would go with parihar. Many people think he is the best doctor in India and you can see from diary here of the good results. If you're doing external you should do LON because it will be very painful mentally and physicallyto have to frames on for at least a year and those russian docs love using the old method.since it came from Russia. However, supposadly mitkovic is going to bring out internals for 16k euros  at the end of this year which would give him a slight edge.

Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 04:25:46 PM »

I would go with parihar. Many people think he is the best doctor in India and you can see from diary here of the good results. If you're doing external you should do LON because it will be very painful mentally and physicallyto have to frames on for at least a year and those russian docs love using the old method.since it came from Russia. However, supposadly mitkovic is going to bring out internals for 16k euros  at the end of this year which would give him a slight edge.

The reason I want to don't want to do LON is because of the risk of permenant knee pain.  :-[

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:29:59 PM »

I have changed my opiniĆ³n this days, I wont go for LON( if you get a misalignment, although is difficult because nail helps, you would have to be operated again), I will go for pure external.

Budget will determine my future.

TheLichKing

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 05:35:10 PM »

For tibiae, the key is HEF (Hybrid External Fixators) and you're right, LON has risk of perm knee pain so avoid that. Supposedly, Dr. Catagni offers HEF, maybe even Parihar not sure. This is why there should be a list of docs who offer HEF as it's better than traditional in terms of pain and recovery. Have you also looked in Dr. Solomin from Russia?
Btw, don't consider Barinov after what happened to RGKey. He himself as his patient doesn't recommend him. You can check out what he's saying in his last page of diary. He suffers as a result of Dr. Barinov's negligence. (Even though he lengthened 9cm)
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 06:07:33 PM »

For tibiae, the key is HEF (Hybrid External Fixators) and you're right, LON has risk of perm knee pain so avoid that. Supposedly, Dr. Catagni offers HEF, maybe even Parihar not sure. This is why there should be a list of docs who offer HEF as it's better than traditional in terms of pain and recovery. Have you also looked in Dr. Solomin from Russia?
Btw, don't consider Barinov after what happened to RGKey. He himself as his patient doesn't recommend him. You can check out what he's saying in his last page of diary. He suffers as a result of Dr. Barinov's negligence. (Even though he lengthened 9cm)

I will look in to Dr. Solomin more, however from what I read there is no after care at all? I did read RGkey's diary.. It seems so weird how he got frames off so fast? Some people are saying he was begging to get the frames off without waiting to fully consolidate? Nevertheless the doctor should NOT have taken them off.

TheLichKing

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 06:45:18 PM »

Yes, it was his fault for having the urge to take them off sooner but nonetheless the doctor shouldn't had. I will have to dig deeper into his diary to understand what happened more. I still think Dr. Catagni is the most solid choice simply because he does HEF in addition to being very reputable. But, I guess he's not within your budget as he is a quite bit more expensive than these doctors.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

Bander72

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 07:57:43 PM »

Lol the chance of knee is not that much. You can ask alot of people and they will tell you how mentally chanlleging full external is.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

onemorefoot

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 08:20:06 PM »

Do you think that full external can be done easier with HEF??? I read in some diaries that this device is less painful and light. Also is very good that for 6 cm you have to keep it on you for only 7 months on average, I think these facts can make external fixation the first option for many people without a lot of money.
Budget will determine my future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up