Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions for former LL patients?  (Read 2751 times)

Dallas

• Visitor
Questions for former LL patients?
« on: December 28, 2016, 12:03:46 AM »

Hi, guys I'm a new member and have been thinking about LL for sometime now. I am 21 and currently stand at 166.5cm or 5"5 ft and would like to reach 173cm or 5"8ft. I have been thinking about using Dr.Parihar in Mumbai in January 2018 with precice 2 in my femurs for a gain of 6.5cm or 5"8 and if I go through with it I will try to make a diary of the experience.

On to the questions!

1) Is my goal of 6.5 cm in my femurs relatively safe? Safety is my biggest concern with LL.

2) After LL will I be able to work out my legs again like doing squats or being able to jog? 

3) Do you think Dr. Parihar is someone I can trust with this surgery?

4) What is the time frame for going home, then walking, then normal life?

5) Was your life better before or after LL and would you recommended it to others who feel inadequate with their height?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to reading your advice! 

Edit* : I also don't want to have 2 separate LL operations to achieve my goal. I don't have the capital or time for 2 operations and don't want to mess with my tibias.
Current height: 168/169 cm
Goal: 175 cm

DreamOf180cm

Re: Questions for former LL patients?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 12:14:48 AM »

I have not done LL yet but from what I've read I can try to answer your questions. (Don't quote me on anything I am not an expert)

1) Yes 6.5cm is considered safe for femurs.

2) There is no definitive answer but from what I have read recovery back to 100% is rare.

3) Parihar is trusted.

4) Depends if there are complications.

5) Can't answer this YET  :-[
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:42:18 AM by DreamOf180cm »
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

The Kaiser

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 01:01:01 AM »

Hi, guys I'm a new member and have been thinking about LL for sometime now. I am 21 and currently stand at 166.5cm or 5"5 ft and would like to reach 173cm or 5"8ft. I have been thinking about using Dr.Parihar in Mumbai in January 2018 with precice 2 in my femurs for a gain of 6.5cm or 5"8 and if I go through with it I will try to make a diary of the experience.

On to the questions!

1) Is my goal of 6.5 cm in my femurs relatively safe? Safety is my biggest concern with LL.

2) After LL will I be able to work out my legs again like doing squats or being able to jog? 

5) Was your life better before or after LL and would you recommended it to others who feel inadequate with their height?

Edit* : I also don't want to have 2 separate LL operations to achieve my goal. I don't have the capital or time for 2 operations and don't want to mess with my tibias.

Here is what best doctors say:

6.5 consider as medium risk, 5 cm and below is the low risk.

Depend on your body, 5-8 months you may walk almost normal

Ask penguin he's performing with him now, as i read, he's one of the best economic doctors

immediately after finishing lengthening

former LLer will answer you. Some of them regret and some of them say its changed their life

you're welcome and good luck

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 01:39:25 AM »

The Kaiser - I always thought 5cm was the safe number for tibias and 6.5cm the safe for femurs  :o  I was thinking the femurs could take a little more than tibias. This is false?

TheLichKing

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 02:57:03 AM »

The Kaiser - I always thought 5cm was the safe number for tibias and 6.5cm the safe for femurs  :o  I was thinking the femurs could take a little more than tibias. This is false?

No, it's true. Femurs are more capable of lengthening than tibias since they are naturally longer bone. Comparatively speaking 6-6.5 cm should be as safe as 5 cm tibiae. Not sure why kaiser said medium risk. And to the OP, I'm considering femurs with Dr. Parihar as well, he's Paley recommended and very economical. He seems to be the ideal choice for those who can't afford the doctors in USA and Europe.

I think most of the former LLers that have regretted pushed beyond the safe limits i.e. +5.5 cm tibiae and +7 cm femurs.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 03:08:53 AM »

With internals, yes.

You should be able to. Unless something goes wrong, only some athletic ability should be compromised. Since you're considering Dr. Parihar, he told me I would be able to return to casual sports. Squats will be harder simply because of the long femurs though. :P Short femurs favour squats.

Based on my experience, definitely.

Probably 5 months. I have a feeling I'll take longer though.

LL was definitely worth it(still in the process), but I was extremely short.
That's hard to answer. If they're already average height or above, it won't be as life changing, objectively.

Dallas

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 03:31:09 AM »

Desktopx,  when are you thinking about doing the operation?

Dallas

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 03:47:41 AM »

With internals, yes.
You should be able to. Unless something goes wrong, only some athletic ability should be compromised. Since you're considering Dr. Parihar, he told me I would be able to return to casual sports. Squats will be harder simply because of the long femurs though. :P Short femurs favour squats.
Based on my experience, definitely.
Probably 5 months. I have a feeling I'll take longer though.
LL was definitely worth it(still in the process), but I was extremely short.
That's hard to answer. If they're already average height or above, it won't be as life changing, objectively.
thanks penguin!  Also, how much is flexibility a factor in pain and potential lengthening in LL?  I keep seeing that on this forum, since my flexibility is poor I worry that my recovery will suck.

Penguinn

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 04:16:20 AM »

thanks penguin!  Also, how much is flexibility a factor in pain and potential lengthening in LL?  I keep seeing that on this forum, since my flexibility is poor I worry that my recovery will suck.
I think age factors in more when it comes to pain. Just my opinion based off some recent diaries. I could touch all fingers to the ground without bending my knees pre-op. Regardless, work on your flexibility pre-op and you may as well start now; true flexibility doesn't build up over just a month or two.

TheLichKing

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 05:09:34 AM »

Desktopx,  when are you thinking about doing the operation?

It's still far away...like 4-5 yrs from now since I'm in my 3rd year of bachelors right now after which I'll end up with debt from student loans of about $23000. I'll be doing my masters by then (or maybe after LL) but hopefully land a decent job in Finance (my major). One thing is for sure, I'll definitely be getting this surgery and Dr. Parihar is just a very feasible option for femurs Precise II.

I prefer doing femurs first since a greater height gain = more satisfaction for the time being and tibae lengthening later from Russia Dr. Solomin or Italy Dr. Catagni (HEF method preferred)
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

midnightninja

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 09:06:59 AM »

I would advise 4-5.08cm femurs and no more than 4cm on tibias.

The Kaiser

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 06:21:07 PM »

My friend, its not me who said that. I said above "what best doctors said"

5 cm is low risk, 6-8 cm is medium risk, above 8 is high risk, according to the most experience doctor Dror Paley.

but even low risk could make some one cripple and medium risk make him appreciate the surgery. We dont know the outcome but least amount is always better but not necessary.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 09:59:39 PM »

My friend, its not me who said that. I said above "what best doctors said"

5 cm is low risk, 6-8 cm is medium risk, above 8 is high risk, according to the most experience doctor Dror Paley.

but even low risk could make some one cripple and medium risk make him appreciate the surgery. We dont know the outcome but least amount is always better but not necessary.

Gotcha 8)

KrP1

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 12:07:18 AM »

On to the questions!

Yes
Yes . But not like before
Yes
3 months . 5 months , 8 months. But not full recovery for Sports. Only for daily normal things
After

Pages: [1]   Go Up