Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why are you considering or undergoing Limb Lengthening? (now or in the past)

To improve my dating life, of course. There might be secondary benefits, but dating is the main reason.
- 6 (20%)
To be more respected by my peers, so I can improve my career and enhance my relationship with others
- 3 (10%)
i would say is 50% dating (option 1) and 50% "respect" (option 2)
- 8 (26.7%)
I'm doing this only for myself, I don't care about what others think of myself
- 10 (33.3%)
Because I want to make America Great Again! (you are reading this in his voice)
- 2 (6.7%)
Other (feel free to explain your reasons in this thread)
- 1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: December 26, 2017, 09:02:15 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are you into this?  (Read 2954 times)

Ozymandias

Why are you into this?
« on: December 26, 2016, 09:02:15 PM »

Hi-dilly-ho, neighborinos! why are you considering or undergoing Limb Lengthening? (now or in the past)

And please be honest in your answer guys, you wouldn't lie to me, would you?

CaptainAmerica

Re: Why are you into this?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 09:14:50 PM »

No one will ever give you a clear answer, because there are just too many catalysts that can cause someone to want to get limb lengthening. Even beyond just dating, or respect from other men.

Think about every time you feel short around family, or when a younger family member grew significantly taller than you (far worse if they're the opposite sxx). Or think about seeing your ex-girlfriend get swept up by some 6'2 dude. Or think about the little anxiety you get before meeting someone for the first time, not knowing how tall they are. Not just blind dates, but job interviews, prospective clients. Think about seeing yourself in photos, (ugh, photos with girls in heels) and seeing yourself as the shortest in the entire group, shorter than most girls. Think about having great ideas and aspirations, but knowing that people will take you less seriously in every aspect of life because of how short you are.

At that point, it's not just about being confident. I'm a confident person. I'm confident in my ability to do things and my tenacity to get everything I want. But you can't be confident about being short, there's just nothing redeemable about it. You just can't be confident about the things that affect you, for the most part, in an entirely negatively, and saying anything otherwise is major coping.

Ozymandias

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:20:57 PM »

No one will ever give you a clear answer, because there are just too many catalysts that can want someone to get limb lengthening. Even beyond just dating, or respect from other men.

Think about every time you feel short around family, or when a younger family member grew significantly taller than you (far worse if they're the opposite sxx). Or think about seeing your ex-girlfriend get swept up by some 6'2 dude. Or think about the little anxiety you get before meeting someone for the first time, not knowing how tall they are. Not just blind dates, but job interviews, prospective clients. Think about seeing yourself in photos, (ugh, photos with girls in heels) and seeing yourself as the shortest in the entire group, shorter than most girls.

At that point, it's not just about being confident. I'm a confident person. I'm confident in my ability to do things and my tenacity to get everything I want. But you can't be confident about being short, there's just nothing redeemable about it. You just can't be confident about the things that affect you, for the most part, in an entirely negatively, and saying anything otherwise is major coping.

Good speech. Option 3 is for you, my friend.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 09:21:45 PM »

^ My mistake lol

Alu

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 09:28:57 PM »

I chose the greatest option here.. but I would say it's more in between option 2 & 3. But it's more like 75% Respect, 25% dating; even though I have no problems with the latter in all truth even considering my height.

TheLichKing

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 09:39:13 PM »

Originally chose option 4 (for myself). Though mixed blend of factors:

-Better Career Prospects/ Maximize self-worth-esteem, brand image / personality (Self Actualization). Based on Maslows Hierarchy of Needs pyramid. [50%]
-More respect from people in general (More alpha male) [20%]
-Enhanced relationships with women and dating life. [30%]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:14:43 PM by Desktopx »
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 10:03:31 PM »

For me it would be some kind of kick in the arse, no more excuses etc.

I tried a lot of things in a way for self acceptance but nothing worked so hard.

Ozymandias

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 12:50:11 PM »

Well, up to now 14 members have voted. It's obviously not enough to draw any definitive conclusions, but I want to make 2 observations:

1. Only 5 members (roughly 1/3 of the total votes) have pointed at "dating" as a reason (either the main reason, or combined with other reasons). In all honesty, I find this stat hard to believe. Just have a look at some random discussions about height in this forum and see how those threads are quickly infested with ideas such as "ideal male height according to girls...", "I will be taller than most girls...", "girls want this", "girls dislike that", etc...

2. The most chosen option is "I'm doing this only for myself". It's very respectable, but I guess we could debate what "doing something for yourself" means. Unless you are so short that your (lack of) height prevents you from living a normal life (for example, if you can't ride a bike, or buy regular clothes), I think that the reason why you don't feel OK with your height is mostly because you feel/think that it is not good enough when compared to others, and it damages your self esteem and aspirations... If all the males in your country were of your height, would you still consider this surgery?

Thanks for your replies.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 03:22:12 PM »

1. Only 5 members (roughly 1/3 of the total votes) have pointed at "dating" as a reason (either the main reason, or combined with other reasons). In all honesty, I find this stat hard to believe. Just have a look at some random discussions about height in this forum and see how those threads are quickly infested with ideas such as "ideal male height according to girls...", "I will be taller than most girls...", "girls want this", "girls dislike that", etc...

I don't care about dating life but i feel bad for being shorter than average woman here.

And since i feel bad about myself i'm doing this surgery to improve it = i'm doing it for myself.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 07:12:53 PM »

To be able to say I'm average height.

To go to a club at 177cm wearing some nice elevator shoes and walking at 183cm like I'm the big papi. (not srs ;D although I would just to see what its like)
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

randomguy

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 08:29:47 PM »

"I'm doing this only for myself, I don't care about what others think of myself"

You liars!

Ozymandias

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 01:00:59 PM »

"I'm doing this only for myself, I don't care about what others think of myself"

You liars!

Heh. Yes, I find it hard to believe too.

If the people who voted for that option focused on the "doing this only for myself" part, then I agree with them, because obviously they are going to be the ones who are going to get the benefits of this surgery. But I added that "I don't care about what others think of myself" part, and there is where my skepticism begins.

Unless you are a midget or have a severe leg discrepancy, you are considering/doing LL because you want some kind of approval or acceptance from others (girls, peers, or whatever it is). Don't deny it, don't be like healthy girls who get breast implants "not because I want people to notice my boobs" (lolololol) or those muscled douches wearing tight tank tops in cold winter days "because they are comfortable" (trolololol).

We all care about what others think of us and want to be liked, accepted, or whatever you want to call it.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »

Heh. Yes, I find it hard to believe too.

If the people who voted for that option focused on the "doing this only for myself" part, then I agree with them, because obviously they are going to be the ones who are going to get the benefits of this surgery. But I added that "I don't care about what others think of myself" part, and there is where my skepticism begins.

Unless you are a midget or have a severe leg discrepancy, you are considering/doing LL because you want some kind of approval or acceptance from others (girls, peers, or whatever it is). Don't deny it, don't be like healthy girls who get breast implants "not because I want people to notice my boobs" (lolololol) or those muscled douches wearing tight tank tops in cold winter days "because they are comfortable" (trolololol).

We all care about what others think of us and want to be liked, accepted, or whatever you want to call it.

LOL

Very true ;D
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm
Pages: [1]   Go Up