Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is LL an irrational decision?  (Read 16580 times)

Thatdude950

Re: Is LL an irrational decision?
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2017, 05:21:10 PM »

2 inches might be nothing for a 5'3 guy... But a 5'6-5'7 getting 2-3 inches is alot. Is you are going to say that a 5'7 guy becoming 5'10 is nothing... You live in denial

the accepted "safe" (if you can really call it that) lengthening on this forum is 5cm or 2 inches. If you wanna bump it up to 3 inches you're starting to get closer to something that might make more than a tiny difference but you are risking living a normal life in the process.

Dream of 180 If you really think 2 inches make a huge difference why not wear lifts for 6 months and report back. Let's see what kind of difference it makes. My bet is next to nothing. You are still you.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »

Dream of 180 If you really think 2 inches make a huge difference why not wear lifts for 6 months and report back. Let's see what kind of difference it makes. My bet is next to nothing. You are still you.

Lifts are a different story. First of all I've read a lot about lifts and many people say they feel like a 'jack ass' when they wear them. Second of all, lifts will create a whole other obsession as you will always try to wear them. What about going to a house party and getting asked to take your shoes off? What about going to the beach? A friends pool? You really think its healthy creating another obsession where you are worried because you're going to be caught "liftless" or being caught wearing lifts? What if you meet the girl of your dreams with your lifts and you're taller than her then next thing you know you're shorter than her without lifts and she leaves you. How would you feel? That's right you'd probably message barinov/parihar and book your ticket next month before you end up cutting up your own legs. Lifts would do more bad than good and would want to make you get LL asap so you can keep that height without sticking peices of asian plastic in your shoes.

5'7 TO 5'9 = LIFE CHANGER
5'7 TO 5'10 = You're an unstoppable beast at this point.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Alu

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »

I really never understood how being 1-2 inches lower than average is so devastating for some people. It's practically a point where you're not going to get crapped on for it.

But, hey if those two inches are all that matter to you, in the sense that you're willing to spend all that money and all that pain for with possible complications, be my guest. Got to do your own cost-benefit analysis here.

I do lol at the reason here from both sides though; sad seeing it, but then I remember where I'm at...

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »

I really never understood how being 1-2 inches lower than average is so devastating for some people. It's practically a point where you're not going to get crapped on for it.

In many ways, it's exactly the point of getting crapped on- "so close, and yet so far away..."

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »

But, hey if those two inches are all that matter to you, in the sense that you're willing to spend all that money and all that pain for with possible complications, be my guest. Got to do your own cost-benefit analysis here.

I do lol at the reason here from both sides though; sad seeing it, but then I remember where I'm at...

I feel you man.

Even 5'8-5'9 would be a fkin dream.

Thatdude950

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2017, 10:54:10 PM »

Lifts are a different story. First of all I've read a lot about lifts and many people say they feel like a 'jack ass' when they wear them

if wearing lifts makes you feel like a jackass, i can't imagine how you'll feel knowing that you paid tens of thousands of dollars to break your own legs. probably a lot sillier.

Second of all, lifts will create a whole other obsession as you will always try to wear them. What about going to a house party and getting asked to take your shoes off? What about going to the beach? A friends pool? You really think its healthy creating another obsession where you are worried because you're going to be caught "liftless" or being caught wearing lifts? What if you meet the girl of your dreams with your lifts and you're taller than her then next thing you know you're shorter than her without lifts and she leaves you. How would you feel?

the point is to see if it makes any difference in the first place. hint - it probably won't.

and yeah, the fear of taking your shoes off when going for a swim definitely warrants crippling yourself to avoid it. if something unimportant as being "caught" wearing lifts gives you that much anxiety, i guarantee you will find a way to feel self conscious about yourself post lengthening too. we see it here all the time. the self consciousness just shifts from being short, to having odd proportions, walking funny, having scars etc etc.

5'7 TO 5'9 = LIFE CHANGER
5'7 TO 5'10 = You're an unstoppable beast at this point.

delusional. there are millions and millions of invisible 5'10 (or for that matter 6'1) losers. if you're willing to risk your future on something like this, i'd have to bet on you joining that group.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2017, 02:24:16 AM »

the point is to see if it makes any difference in the first place. hint - it probably won't.

and yeah, the fear of taking your shoes off when going for a swim definitely warrants crippling yourself to avoid it. if something unimportant as being "caught" wearing lifts gives you that much anxiety, i guarantee you will find a way to feel self conscious about yourself post lengthening too. we see it here all the time. the self consciousness just shifts from being short, to having odd proportions, walking funny, having scars etc etc.

To be honest, he does have a point. A lot of our problems here stem from the feeling of being inferior to other men, of having a huge visible deficiency of your body that you cannot change. If you wear lifts, you will feel better some times, because you are visibly taller, but you will also be constantly aware that this is not your real body height, and that the soothing feeling of being taller is an illusion. At the same time, you will still be towered by some people, and that will make you feel even worse, thinking "I still look ridiculously short compared to these men, how would I look without my lifts". A horrible feeling, let me tell you that.

Let's be frank, this problem is in our heads. It's a mental issue that is inseparably linked to a physical issue. Logical explanations can help to an extent, but often not completely, to people who have such severe mental inferiority issues as many here. Just like some people feel being the wrong gender, they are objectively healthy but still suffer with their body.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2017, 02:35:08 AM »

If you wear lifts, you will feel better some times, because you are visibly taller, but you will also be constantly aware that this is not your real body height, and that the soothing feeling of being taller is an illusion.

This. ^^

Also I have tried lifts and they do make me feel a lot better but I don't wear them for a variety of reasons. My point being is that I've seen the world from "post 2 inch LL" height and it feels damn good and my confidence is on a whole new level... Until I take the lifts off that is.

James24

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2017, 12:27:13 PM »

The thing here is, wearing lifts doesn't make much of a difference.

When you walk into a world where everyone is probably wearing shoes that give 'em height. Like Timberlands, (a main trend now) You'll just still be short compared to them.
Lifts work when you're the only one wearing 'em.

And yes, It's a mental issue. An obsession of some sort.
It can be overcome mentally but, it will sometimes still haunt you.
I'm on pills prescribed by my shrink for a few months. And so far, it has done little help...

The surgery is a physical solution to a mental problem.
And it's a pretty damn good solution..
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

Chris

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »

Amen to that!

But sometimes, the surgery is also a physical solution to a physical problem which others see as a mental problem  :P

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »

And yes, It's a mental issue. An obsession of some sort.
It can be overcome mentally but, it will sometimes still haunt you.
I'm on pills prescribed by my shrink for a few months. And so far, it has done little help...

While I'll admit LL is a more serious surgery (at least in terms of recovery), I wonder how many girls are told to see a shrink and take pills before the skin is peeled back over their noses and a surgeon breaks/reshapes their nasal bones/cartilage with various tools, or before having their chests sliced open for the insertion of plastic bags.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2017, 12:55:45 PM »

The thing here is, wearing lifts doesn't make much of a difference.

If 2inch lifts aren't helping why would you think 2 inches of LL will help?

Btw if your pills aren't working you should report it to your shrink.

Chris

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2017, 01:00:29 PM »

While I'll admit LL is a more serious surgery (at least in terms of recovery), I wonder how many girls are told to see a shrink and take pills before the skin is peeled back over their noses and a surgeon breaks/reshapes their nasal bones/cartilage with a various tools, or before having their chests sliced open for the insertion of plastic bags.

How dare you, along with getting a new haircuts, a plastic surgery is totally normal  ::) ;D

The problem is that those pills in general are only preventing your body from reacting to your bad thoughts.
The don't make you think differently. I had this effect too, when I had to take my pills.
I just couldn't cry when I was sad because of my height and my s*itty life resulting from it, but I had still to think about it all the time.

The pills help your body (eg. no headache from crying or easier sleep), but they don't help you/your ghost, soul or whatever you call it.

I'm a real LL-patient.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2017, 01:10:54 PM »

While I'll admit LL is a more serious surgery (at least in terms of recovery), I wonder how many girls are told to see a shrink and take pills before the skin is peeled back over their noses and a surgeon breaks/reshapes their nasal bones/cartilage with various tools, or before having their chests sliced open for the insertion of plastic bags.

Plot twist: mostly they do.

Besides, comparing few cuts in a skin to breaking your fking legs in a half with a big chance of highly reducing your basic mobility is a bit stupid.
How long you recover from simple boob job? 2 days? Ye let's compare it to many years of hard work and rehabilitation.

The problem is that those pills in general are only preventing your body from reacting to your bad thoughts.
The don't make you think differently. I had this effect too, when I had to take my pills.
I just couldn't cry when I was sad because of my height and my s*itty life resulting from it, but I had still to think about it all the time.

The pills help your body (eg. no headache from crying or easier sleep), but they don't help you/your ghost, soul or whatever you call it.

Be happy that you can take them at all, some of us can't.
Besides if your pills aren't making you at least a bit less troubled then you need to change them.

Chris

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2017, 01:49:04 PM »

Be happy that you can take them at all, some of us can't.
Besides if your pills aren't making you at least a bit less troubled then you need to change them.

Changing pills would mean that I had to switch from reduced emotions to an altered/tempered mind. Taking away your self freely is like mental suicide.
And I would have to visit my psychiatrist for the rest of my life so I can have my prescriptions. I would never be free, because a problem would still persist in one way or another.
In contrast to it, the suffering from broken bones and rehab are only temporarily compared to rest of your lifetime (even it takes years).
It is a solution. And like James said "a pretty damn good solution".

LL as a solution to whatever problem is always rational as long there is no better solution.

I'm a real LL-patient.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2017, 02:26:35 PM »

Plot twist: mostly they do.

Besides, comparing few cuts in a skin to breaking your fking legs in a half with a big chance of highly reducing your basic mobility is a bit stupid.
How long you recover from simple boob job? 2 days? Ye let's compare it to many years of hard work and rehabilitation.

It's not stupid at all when you take into account the fact that there are numerous deaths resultant from cosmetic surgery every year (in Florida alone there were 46 deaths from 2000-2010) while to date there has never been a reported case of death caused by cosmetic leg lengthening. While I do cede (and in fact already did in the previous post, perhaps you overlooked) that LL presents a longer recovery period, I''m not sure where your figure of 'many years of hard work and rehabilitation' come from. To return to 100%, maybe, but for all extensive purposes many people resume their regular lives within a year or so.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2017, 03:41:29 PM »

Changing pills would mean that I had to switch from reduced emotions to an altered/tempered mind. Taking away your self freely is like mental suicide.
And I would have to visit my psychiatrist for the rest of my life so I can have my prescriptions. I would never be free, because a problem would still persist in one way or another.

I would prefer to have tempered mind than thinking every night how to finally finish myself.

In contrast to it, the suffering from broken bones and rehab are only temporarily compared to rest of your lifetime (even it takes years).
It is a solution. And like James said "a pretty damn good solution".

In the best case? Maybe.
Problems start when you end up crippled or not satisfied from the results(i'm looking at every one of you that claimed lifts aren't making any difference).

It's not stupid at all when you take into account the fact that there are numerous deaths resultant from cosmetic surgery every year (in Florida alone there were 46 deaths from 2000-2010) while to date there has never been a reported case of death caused by cosmetic leg lengthening. While I do cede (and in fact already did in the previous post, perhaps you overlooked) that LL presents a longer recovery period, I''m not sure where your figure of 'many years of hard work and rehabilitation' come from. To return to 100%, maybe, but for all extensive purposes many people resume their regular lives within a year or so.

Yes comparing whole segment to unpopular surgery is pretty rational. kek.
But old forum never had people who went to stupid indian/russian doctors and ended up with serious complications.

And no, i didn't overlook it. I just pointed out how "serious" LL is.

James24

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2017, 04:32:36 PM »

If 2inch lifts aren't helping why would you think 2 inches of LL will help?

2 inches of lifts are temporary, 2 inches of LL is permanent
because 2 inches of LL will make "you" taller, and then when you do wear lifts, you'll be like others rather than be short, wear lifts, and have others wear lifts, making it no difference.

Yeah maybe i should change my pills.
They do calm me for a period of time, but the thoughts exist, And when triggered, They get worse than before the pills..
Now the thoughts turned into sudden panic attacks.
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »

Yes comparing whole segment to unpopular surgery is pretty rational. kek.
But old forum never had people who went to stupid indian/russian doctors and ended up with serious complications.

And no, i didn't overlook it. I just pointed out how "serious" LL is.

There was no argument made against the seriousness of the surgery, I simply tried to put things in context.
You're right though, the old forum (and increasingly this one) is full of people who would rather go to the 3rd world than wait a few years to save up.

Chris

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »

I would prefer to have tempered mind than thinking every night how to finally finish myself.

In the best case? Maybe.
Problems start when you end up crippled or not satisfied from the results(i'm looking at every one of you that claimed lifts aren't making any difference).

I once tried to kill myself but I was too stupid to do it properly which is one reason why I was given antidepressants.
Now I'm glad that I failed and I won't try it again, because I have found out about LL.
I want to know so badly what living feels like when I'm tall enough and accepted.
But I will never find out when I'm dead and I will never find out if I took stronger drugs instead or ones that alter my mind. And neither will you!
LL is the solution if you're too old for HGH and not some drug-induced suppressors and illusions. You will always get reminded of your problems and one day you will even be too old for LL.
If you really think about killing yourself then you will either end up dead or you will hopefully realize that every solution is better than that, no matter how risky it is, because you wanted to die anyway.
And the same goes for "maybe" ending up crippled after LL: you wanted to die anyway and you can still commit suicide.

I went trough all of this thinking before and there is only one way out, no matter how you turn or twist it.

I'm a real LL-patient.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »

2 inches of lifts are temporary, 2 inches of LL is permanent
because 2 inches of LL will make "you" taller, and then when you do wear lifts, you'll be like others rather than be short, wear lifts, and have others wear lifts, making it no difference.

Yes and then you will want even more height. If you can't appreciate even 2 inches i highly doubt you will appreciate 4".
And don't even start on the proportions since lifts are giving you height in a leg segment.

I once tried to kill myself but I was too stupid to do it properly which is one reason why I was given antidepressants.
Now I'm glad that I failed and I won't try it again, because I have found out about LL.
I want to know so badly what living feels like when I'm tall enough and accepted.
But I will never find out when I'm dead and I will never find out if I took stronger drugs instead or ones that alter my mind. And neither will you!
LL is the solution if you're too old for HGH and not some drug-induced suppressors and illusions. You will always get reminded of your problems and one day you will even be too old for LL.
If you really think about killing yourself then you will either end up dead or you will hopefully realize that every solution is better than that, no matter how risky it is, because you wanted to die anyway.
And the same goes for "maybe" ending up crippled after LL: you wanted to die anyway and you can still commit suicide.

I went trough all of this thinking before and there is only one way out, no matter how you turn or twist it.

Good point, but it doesn't prove that LL is "pretty damn good solution", especially when you ended up on a wheelchair and shot yourself.

Who doesn't accept you?

TheLichKing

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2017, 05:47:37 PM »

Agreed one of the worst feelings is wearing lifts and still appearing significantly shorter than other people you hoped to whom you would have matched. I mean what about when you take those lifts off? The backfire effect is enormous. And people who don't feel satisfied from 2 inch lifts pre LL will probably still wear lifts post LL assuming they lengthen around 5 cm.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

James24

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »

Yes and then you will want even more height. If you can't appreciate even 2 inches i highly doubt you will appreciate 4".
And don't even start on the proportions since lifts are giving you height in a leg segment.

Good point, but it doesn't prove that LL is "pretty damn good solution", especially when you ended up on a wheelchair and shot yourself.

Who doesn't accept you?

I don't want more height.. I just want to make up for what my genes initially went for.
Sure, added height is a bonus but i'm not greedy.

I'm saying, When you step outside, almost everyone is wearing lifts. So that raises up the "average height" bar. Example: average is 174, it raises up to 182. Then with lifts, you just got 174.. so you're still short.

but when you go to a pool or the beach, or a party where required to take off your shoes..
Then with LL, you are tall enough to feel satisfied with yourself.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2017, 06:40:26 PM »

To conclude.

it is rational if you dont rush and choose a good surgeon.. Just like every other cosmetic surgery...
. What isnt rational is the glorification of height (below 6' you suck or the taller young generation bull ) and also all those 2 cent worth moralists like mister Thedude who try to convince everyone to love and accept themselves and other blablabla
I learned some stuff during this time

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2017, 06:48:20 PM »

I don't want more height.. I just want to make up for what my genes initially went for.
Sure, added height is a bonus but i'm not greedy.

I'm saying, When you step outside, almost everyone is wearing lifts. So that raises up the "average height" bar. Example: average is 174, it raises up to 182. Then with lifts, you just got 174.. so you're still short.

but when you go to a pool or the beach, or a party where required to take off your shoes..
Then with LL, you are tall enough to feel satisfied with yourself.

No, not everyone is wearing lifts. In winter, many people might wear boots that give some height, but most are not wearing lifts.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

James24

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »

To conclude.

it is rational if you dont rush and choose a good surgeon.. Just like every other cosmetic surgery...
. What isnt rational is the glorification of height (below 6' you suck or the taller young generation bullcrap) and also all those 2 cent worth moralists like mister Thedude who try to convince everyone to love and accept themselves and other blablabla

Thank you :)

Thatdude950

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2017, 03:20:37 PM »

To conclude.

. What isnt rational is the glorification of height (below 6' you suck or the taller young generation bullcrap) and also all those 2 cent worth moralists like mister Thedude who try to convince everyone to love and accept themselves and other blablabla

lol when have I said accept yourself? fk that. Get richer, get fitter, become a better person. But If you think that LL is a cost effective improvement - if you think that spending tens of thousands, crippling yourself for 18 months+, and being permanently weaker all for a few inches in height is worthwhile your insecurity has made your mind become sick and irrational.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2017, 04:27:42 PM »

lol when have I said accept yourself? fk that. Get richer, get fitter, become a better person. But If you think that LL is a cost effective improvement - if you think that spending tens of thousands, crippling yourself for 18 months+, and being permanently weaker all for a few inches in height is worthwhile your insecurity has made your mind become sick and irrational.

Why are you even on this forum?

westercoasten

« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »

Of course, if you're older than 30, this all changes. Women will be less picky and willing to settle down. They'll care less about society's judgement and you'll have more of a chance no matter how short you are.
You got it wrong here, its not a matter of youre age but that of the female in this case...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2017, 05:07:47 PM »

Why are you even on this forum?

Cause he has alot of free time i guess
I learned some stuff during this time

TheLichKing

« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2017, 05:52:51 PM »

It comes into play. A guy who's 6'2 is going to on average be better off that someone 5'5. I'm saying 2 inches makes next to no difference.

That's why people do 2 segment lengthening to gain 4-5 inches. Each segment being within the safe limits i.e. 5cm tibiae and 6cm femurs. That would be a huge significant improvement in contrast to just 2 inches. (and it might still be worth it depending on the individual to what impact his height effects him psychologically/mentally/physically in life even if it requires lot of time and money). A few months of suffering is still better than suffering for the rest of your life from:
a) Less respect from other people due to shorter than average stature.
b) Less success with women due to shorter than average stature. (There have been studies that shorter than average guys enjoy a less blissful romance life compared to tall men) Of course, there are other factors like personality and sense of humor but when one is handicapped (huge comparative disadvantage) a rather huge chunk compared to their tall counterparts due to being short, it's not really motivative to improve on these other factors and be fully dependent on them.
c) Less potential success in career i.e. management positions, pay, promotion and advancement discrimination (positions where there is power, authority and control) due to shorter than average stature. (There have been studies that people who are short are paid less on average)
d) Low self esteem and confidence due to the above. Wearing lifts does make you feel better temporarily but then again, it's not who you really are and you feel miserable and ungenuine wearing them => Causes a large backfire effect when you take them of.

Of course, first priority should always be a good reputable surgeon. Nonetheless, it's still a significant improvement going from 5'7 to 5'9 since you will come closer (if not at) to the equilibrium (assuming live in USA/Canada). Equilibrium, being the average cut-off point. 2 segments would mean 5'9 to 5'11 which would be beast and have an edge.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:37:42 PM by Desktopx »
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up