Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 7104 times)

hype88

Advice
« on: December 16, 2016, 01:36:52 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm curious on everyone's opinion, I'm 172 tall and I really want get CLL but I'm not sure what to lengthening, Tibias or Femurs? I want to get pretty close to 6ft but without losing athletic ability. I'd like to know what doctors you would recommend, including the cost. Also how much time would I need away from home to recover - Take into account I have my own business. So I could work from the guest house or something until I'm deemed fit. Also I'm on a budget so something that's not going make a massive hole in the bank account!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ogh3M"><a href="//imgur.com/ogh3M"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 03:22:52 PM »

I want to get pretty close to 6ft but without losing athletic ability.

Nope.

The Kaiser

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 08:01:05 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm curious on everyone's opinion, I'm 172 tall and I really want get CLL but I'm not sure what to lengthening, Tibias or Femurs? I want to get pretty close to 6ft but without losing athletic ability. I'd like to know what doctors you would recommend, including the cost. Also how much time would I need away from home to recover - Take into account I have my own business. So I could work from the guest house or something until I'm deemed fit. Also I'm on a budget so something that's not going make a massive hole in the bank account!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ogh3M"><a href="//imgur.com/ogh3M"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you go to 178 your athletic ability will diminish, imagine extra 11 cm for 6 ft. This surgery is no joke, you may forget how to walk for ever, think twice and be more realistic. If its that easy we would see some football players performed it, Do not attempt this surgery until you change your false vision, Good luck.

notimportant

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:26:20 PM »

The kaiser is right here. This guy doesn't know what he is talking about.
Have a consultation with good doctors and educate yourself before attempting any surgery
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 09:39:27 PM »

I dont know if I am correct. but if you do one surgery and you leave a gap of time you could ending losing less athletic ability, someone may say based on what I think this, ok:
Less cm are more chances for a good recovery,  if you go for 4-5 in both tibias you could ending losing less than 10/100 of your athletic ability, after 3-4 years you will almost be the same as before the surgery, that is when you could break your femurs for 5-6 more. Dr. Parihar allows you to be operated again when you are "almost fully recovered". I dont know f there are studies that can prove this, but is a probability, he doesnt perform quad surgery.
Budget will determine my future.

hype88

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 01:54:50 AM »

To the gentleman who have decided to judge me so quickly, I'll remind you this is a friendly discussion not an opportunity to patronize. Thank you for respecting my view.

Now, I understand that 6ft is a long shot and YES you are right - I don't know what I'm talking about but I hope that people would be kind enough to talk to me from their experiences. I do however know by committing to CLL, my athletic ability will be effected and I'm fine with that. And honestly I think I would be happy with just lengthening 5cms either my Tibias or Femurs, it's decided which segment to do?

I would greatly appreciate it anyone who has done CLL and was my starting height to please get in contact with me as I would love to hear your journey!

hype88

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:28:19 AM »

hype88

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 07:48:33 AM »

I was even thinking if I was to go and do two segments I would only lengthen 3-4cm each. I think if I did that, there would be less risk and recovery time?

applesandoranges

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »

I was even thinking if I was to go and do two segments I would only lengthen 3-4cm each. I think if I did that, there would be less risk and recovery time?

Yup I heard it's better because most complications come from soft tissue damage which the risk of getting is exponentially increased after lengthening 5cm.

So yeah, less risk of long-term complications if you do 2 segments at smaller lengths (example: 3.5cm femur + 3.5cm tibia) than if you do the same lengthening on just one segment (ex: 7cm femur, or 7cm tibia).

The difference in recovery time is dependent on a few variables. If you do quadrilateral lengthening (both segments at the same time), I presume you can get back to normal about the same time as you would if you did it in just one segment. However, the tibias are known to heal a little slower, so keep that in mind.

If you do both segments with a period of time in between segments, the actual recovery time would roughly be still the same except that you have a gap of time in between surgeries. In my opinion, this is probably better for your body in terms of recovery due to less trauma. Most doctors I've seen recommend doing femurs first, wait a year or two, and then do tibias.

hope that helps

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 11:06:50 PM »

The amounts for bare minimum loss of athletic function are so small it's not even worth doing it probably 3-4cms tibs and 4-5cm on femurs max. It depends on what athletic abilities as well you are referring to if you are talking running sports it's more weight lifting it's less. Other factors that affect it are flexibility if you are stiff as a board you will struggle to get back as much as someone who does small amounts and is more supple

hype88

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 12:03:22 PM »

Applesandoranges: I agree with what your saying, I think it's just a matter of finding a Dr who would be willing to do two segments at a pretty small increase.

Bigpoppapump: I think it would still be worth it - I'm not trying be the tall, I just want to feel comfortable with my height. I'm pretty much an all-rounder, I do a fair bit of cardio ( swimming, running and boxing). I'm pretty flexible as I do yoga and I stretch everyday...

Can anyone recommend a Dr for my case? I'm on a tight budget so it would nice to get it all happening under $10,000, it might be wishful thinking but there's no harm in hoping.

Thanks guys!

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »

We're the same height! As for 172 to 6ft, I think its too big of risk to do in 1 surgery.
If you really want to hit 6ft, I would do 5cm on ea segment. I personally want to go with external tibias for 6cm. I'm thinking parihar or barinov. Still have not decided. When are you planning to get this done?
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

hype88

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 11:46:40 AM »

Dreamof180cm - Yeah man, I know it's probably wishful thinking haha...and I did think about doing 5cm segments but that's starting become quiet expensive and impractical for me at this moment. 6cms for tibias was my other option as well so I might join you on that one! Well I was thinking sometime in the new year would be nice. What about you?

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 12:00:28 PM »

Hype88 - Honestly depending on how things go I want to do it in either 2017 or 2018. I definitely want to do it before university cause I suffered a lot with my height in highschool and I wouldn't be able to take another hit in university due to my height. Realistically speaking I'm 99% sure I will do it within 2 years. 6cm tibias seems perfect imo. 177-178 is a great height to be and with 4-5cm lifts can be 6ft tall. I also am really dedicated to working out, ill post a pic when i can. Im going to be assuming my squats are going to be hindered for a while.. But hey that just means more chest/arm/back days ;D

TIBIKE200

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »

Hype88 - Honestly depending on how things go I want to do it in either 2017 or 2018. I definitely want to do it before university cause I suffered a lot with my height in highschool and I wouldn't be able to take another hit in university due to my height. Realistically speaking I'm 99% sure I will do it within 2 years. 6cm tibias seems perfect imo. 177-178 is a great height to be and with 4-5cm lifts can be 6ft tall. I also am really dedicated to working out, ill post a pic when i can. Im going to be assuming my squats are going to be hindered for a while.. But hey that just means more chest/arm/back days ;D

How did you suffer so much for your height of 171 in High school? You are not abnormaly short or even unattractivly short....
I learned some stuff during this time

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 12:33:12 PM »

TIBIKE200 - Good question. I did not cruise through high school with 171cm. I hit puberty VERY late (age 14). I hit 171cm on my LAST month of high school.

(My height was tracked and logged by my dad every couple months, that's how I have them. For the avg height I took a growth chart for boys, the same one that was used in the hospital to plot my height, you can find that here: http://newparent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/growth-chart-for-boys.gif)

1st year - Age: 13 | My height: 147cm | Avg height: 155cm -> Gap of 8 cm (Miserable)

2nd year - Age: 14 | My height: 153cm| Avg height: 165cm -> Gap of 12 cm (Very miserable - this year was very difficult for me)

3rd year -Age: 15 | My height: 162cm | Avg height: 170cm -> Gap of 8 cm (Miserable, this is where I found out about LL)

4th year - Age: 16 | My height: 167cm| Avg height: 173cm -> Gap of 6 cm (Slightly less miserable)

5th year- Age: 17 | My height: 171cm | Avg height: 175cm -> Gap of 4 cm (Caught up but not all the way and stopped growing. Promised myself to do LL in future)

As you can see the first 3 years there was a big difference between my height and the average height. 4th year was OKAY and the 5th year is where I noticed I wasn't THAT short, however high school was done by then and I lived all the other years miserable which created a trauma and complexion. It is important that I note I had growth hormone deficiency since the age of 6 due my pituitary gland being damaged by a tumor when I was a baby. (Had to go through chemo and surgery for that) So I was injecting myself with growth hormone every night which did not help my psychology, if anything it made me more miserable.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 01:18:10 PM »

TIBIKE200 - Good question. I did not cruise through high school with 171cm. I hit puberty VERY late (age 14). I hit 171cm on my LAST month of high school.

(My height was tracked and logged by my dad every couple months, that's how I have them. For the avg height I took a growth chart for boys, the same one that was used in the hospital to plot my height, you can find that here: http://newparent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/growth-chart-for-boys.gif)

1st year - Age: 13 | My height: 147cm | Avg height: 155cm -> Gap of 8 cm (Miserable)

2nd year - Age: 14 | My height: 153cm| Avg height: 165cm -> Gap of 12 cm (Very miserable - this year was very difficult for me)

3rd year -Age: 15 | My height: 162cm | Avg height: 170cm -> Gap of 8 cm (Miserable, this is where I found out about LL)

4th year - Age: 16 | My height: 167cm| Avg height: 173cm -> Gap of 6 cm (Slightly less miserable)

5th year- Age: 17 | My height: 171cm | Avg height: 175cm -> Gap of 4 cm (Caught up but not all the way and stopped growing. Promised myself to do LL in future)

As you can see the first 3 years there was a big difference between my height and the average height. 4th year was OKAY and the 5th year is where I noticed I wasn't THAT short, however high school was done by then and I lived all the other years miserable which created a trauma and complexion. It is important that I note I had growth hormone deficiency since the age of 6 due my pituitary gland being damaged by a tumor when I was a baby. (Had to go through chemo and surgery for that) So I was injecting myself with growth hormone every night which did not help my psychology, if anything it made me more miserable.

Well the past is the past... And crying for being short during adolescnece isnt going to dissapear just by LL itself... If it makes you feel any better, when I was 15 years old, I had the same height as you when you were 13 years old..

I was never conscious about my height though... Only became conscious of it 3 years ago

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »

TIBIKE200 - You're absolutely right. I'm just trying to overcome everything by being average height now. I know it won't change me being short during my adolescence years, but in the end I will be able to say "I was short in high school but now I am average." How tall are you if I may ask?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 01:54:46 PM »

171-172cm. Claiming to the world I am 175-176cm though and get away with it hihi (Hell.. My GF's cousin thought I was 180cm tall).

Also, I just recently told my GF I am 171-172cm tall. She said she couldnt believe it...

No one knows what those heights (or any height) looks like since no one really cares for those numbers besides us...

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 03:12:25 PM »

171-172cm. Claiming to the world I am 175-176cm though and get away with it hihi (Hell.. My GF's cousin thought I was 180cm tall).

Also, I just recently told my GF I am 171-172cm tall. She said she couldnt believe it...

No one knows what those heights (or any height) looks like since no one really cares for those numbers besides us...

Yeah lol I asked my friend how tall he was the other day to see what he would say, he was like "yeah im 6". I was like "LOOOOL" cause the guy was like max 178... Then I asked how tall he thought I was and he was like 5"9. Exactly like you said, nobody has a fking clue about heights. My friend who is the SAME height as me claims to be "5 ten and a half" but in reality he is 5"8...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

onemorefoot

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 05:12:30 PM »

why dos you stop growing at 17 if you hit puberty very late?

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 05:16:29 PM »

why dos you stop growing at 17 if you hit puberty very late?

I wish I knew why...

onemorefoot

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2016, 05:47:20 PM »

Maybe you have not stopped.Chances are that you reach 174 cm or  175 cm.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 05:50:52 PM »

Maybe you have not stopped, you are less than 18 right?? You are not in university, chances are that you reach 174 cm or  175 cm.

I am 19 turning 20 in a couple months. I've been 171 ever since I was 17. I took a break from school and I will start university in a couple years (after I do LL)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 08:23:55 PM »

I've been 171 ever since I was 17.

Still better than me stopping at 12yo lol.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »

How tall are you?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 08:27:10 PM »

TheLichKing

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 10:04:31 PM »

What medical condition did you had which made you stop growing at 12?! and 166 cm really tall for a 12 yo
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 10:17:10 PM »

Idk what happened. Recently i got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and other hormonal tests are on the way.

And yea i know 166cm for 12yo is a lot but you gotta remember that my uncles are both around 200cm of height.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 10:18:33 PM »

Idk what happened. Recently i got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and other hormonal tests are on the way.

And yea i know 166cm for 12yo is a lot but you gotta remember that my uncles are both around 200cm of height.

Why didn't your parents, doctors, teachers, etc. do anything to help you back then?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:54 PM »

Good question.

I begged my mom to go to the doctor since i felt bad and i didn't grow a single cm but she said that i will grow later for sure.
Now i'm almost 20 and i still didn't hit any kind of growth spurt, welp.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up