Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing to Titaniumnails from Internal femur nail  (Read 887 times)

2femur

• Visitor
Changing to Titaniumnails from Internal femur nail
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:05:08 AM »

Hi everybody!

My questions go especially to all previous LL-traveler. Thanks ahead for all information!

1. When you changed to Titaniumnails after having internal femur nails, how was the feeling? Did you almost immediately feel the strength of the nail. Like did you have a more comfort feeling?

2. this is very important to me: what did your doctor day about the explantation of the Titaniumnails? Usually Titaniumnails tend to grow into the bone so for this reason and others  they're not necessarily taken out of you have a fracture. Did your doctor told you he's going to take them definitely out? And if this already happened to you: after how many months and did you have complications?

Thanks!

The Kaiser

Re: Changing to Titaniumnails from Internal femur nail
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 04:29:47 AM »

Hi everybody!

My questions go especially to all previous LL-traveler. Thanks ahead for all information!

1. When you changed to Titaniumnails after having internal femur nails, how was the feeling? Did you almost immediately feel the strength of the nail. Like did you have a more comfort feeling?

2. this is very important to me: what did your doctor day about the explantation of the Titaniumnails? Usually Titaniumnails tend to grow into the bone so for this reason and others  they're not necessarily taken out of you have a fracture. Did your doctor told you he's going to take them definitely out? And if this already happened to you: after how many months and did you have complications?

Thanks!

Question No.2, even if its not necessary taking out, if you did an accident in the future you should have more complex surgery to fix the damage. I know one person didn't take it out for 10 years now, Good luck 
Pages: [1]   Go Up