Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How would you rate LL pain? How would you describe it?  (Read 5362 times)

Excal

• Visitor
How would you rate LL pain? How would you describe it?
« on: December 07, 2016, 11:26:44 PM »

I am aware that leg lengthening recovery is very painful. But, just how much does this hurt? Which of distraction and consolidation hurts more?

I am still trying to decide on whether to get LL or not. Being in pain for months does not sound appealing, but I don't know how extreme that pain would be.

For instance, if on a scale of 0 to 100, getting kicked win the balls is a 50 - what would you rate the pain of LL as?

Any verbal, qualitative descriptions would also be useful.

Penguinn

Re: How would you rate LL pain? How would you describe it?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 04:23:13 AM »

5/100. Nowhere near getting kicked in the balls. My procedure(I'm almost done with lengthening at this point) was pretty painless. Your legs will feel heavier and have tiny aches here and there though, there's no escaping that but I didn't care. On average, people seem to say they had 3-4/10 pain, 0 being no pain and 10 being torture.

TheLichKing

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 06:21:12 AM »

5/100. Nowhere near getting kicked in the balls. My procedure(I'm almost done with lengthening at this point) was pretty painless. Your legs will feel heavier and have tiny aches here and there though, there's no escaping that but I didn't care. On average, people seem to say they had 3-4/10 pain, 0 being no pain and 10 being torture.

Which method and leg segment are you talking about? External or Internal, Tibia or Femur. Well I see you had precise 2, I think Tibia pure external will be a lot more painful. I have heard many people say LL is a very painful surgery and it shouldn't be surprising as it involves breaking the bones!
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

EndGame

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 12:10:15 PM »

The amounts and types of pain varying during the process and are different for different people. Distraction can be very painful for many, often more so the older you are. Once done lengthening and consolidating the pain typically subsidies. The first few weeks recovering from the trauma of the surgery is often the worst. The comparison is not a good one with the kicked in the balls since that does not occur with you on a   load of oxy... When oxy wears off till you take next one is very rough for some. Also, there is a Chinese water torture aspect to LL which is such a different animal than the pain being kicked in the balls, being intense but subsiding rather than constant and endless. If you get a complication like nerve pain or tendonitis those are different types of pain and very very rough. I suspect penguin was lucky and had neither of those given his comments, but many people get them and those that do would not be cavalier about the describing the pain and dealing with it the way penguin seems to be. Many people can't sleep more than an hour a day if that for a week or longer at times due to pain from something during the process. I heard it out well once, LL is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get... Easy like penguin happens sometimes with young guys doing internal femurs, and brutal unholy pain can happen too...

notimportant

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 03:13:38 PM »

Endgame where did you have your surgery done?
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Excal

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 04:20:02 AM »

Thanks for the detailed replies guys  :) So I guess basically it depends, but it can get very hardcore.

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 04:27:09 AM »

Which method and leg segment are you talking about? External or Internal, Tibia or Femur. Well I see you had precise 2, I think Tibia pure external will be a lot more painful. I have heard many people say LL is a very painful surgery and it shouldn't be surprising as it involves breaking the bones!

Yes, Precice 2 and femurs. I think age matters too because Morissette and Asian123 did external tibias, are young and seemingly got along fine. Everyone's experience will LL will be different. I've seen someone write that a soldier that did it said it was the toughest thing he's ever done and I say it's less stressful than studying for exams.

TheLichKing

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 05:04:36 AM »

Yes, Precice 2 and femurs. I think age matters too because Morissette and Asian123 did external tibias, are young and seemingly got along fine. Everyone's experience will LL will be different. I've seen someone write that a soldier that did it said it was the toughest thing he's ever done and I say it's less stressful than studying for exams.

I wonder if it also depends on an individual's body physique. Whether he's muscular, skinny or fat. Skinny people may experience more pain? I can imagine skinny chicken legs being broken painful lol.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Mtall

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 02:59:01 PM »

I've seen someone write that a soldier that did it said it was the toughest thing he's ever done and I say it's less stressful than studying for exams.

Did the soldier do external or internal?

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »

Did the soldier do external or internal?

It wasn't said. I read someone else quoting the vet's words.

TheLichKing

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 05:53:01 PM »

It wasn't said. I read someone else quoting the vet's words.

On a scale of 1-10 how much would you recommend Dr. Parihar? Do you think for the price he charges, it's better to look for the surgery in another more decent country than India?

Penguinn

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 06:49:10 PM »

On a scale of 1-10 how much would you recommend Dr. Parihar? Do you think for the price he charges, it's better to look for the surgery in another more decent country than India?

As a surgeon, 10/10 since he didn't make any mistakes. His hospital's the part you have to deal with.
I didn't look for other doctors because he's in my city and that was huge for me.

alps

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »

As a surgeon, 10/10 since he didn't make any mistakes. His hospital's the part you have to deal with.

what was particularly bad about it apart from appearance? were the rest of the staff alright?

Penguinn

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 05:31:34 AM »

what was particularly bad about it apart from appearance? were the rest of the staff alright?

The doctors, nurses and wardboys are fine. Compare a motel to a resort; that's basically it. Things that irked me were them not having toilet paper(bewildered..thankfully I had my own) despite having a bedpan and a plastic camode, the lift being out of order once when I was visiting, the stretcher on wheels they use not having foam and the steel annoying my tailbone.. little things. Once when I was visiting, the urinal(this http://www.bmsupplies.co.uk/image/cache/data/Continence%20Care/male%20urinal-500x500.jpg) the maid gave me was dusty, clearly hadn't been cleaned. The maids also wanted us to pay them some extra money when I was discharged lol, and delayed our discharge papers subtly for that, so we just left and the papers came later. They don't have internet, so bring your own. Another thing that annoyed me was healthy visitors using the lift meant for patients and no one doing anything about it.

Everyone does their job though, you'll definitely get all the help you need. Plus it's just a week. The operation theatre is state of the art. 

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 10:12:13 AM »

Virtually painless, although there were a few times that a wire site got irritated for a couple of days and felt about 15/100(like a hair being pulled) whenever I would move my leg a certain way. Also, when I started walking unassisted my feet were sore for an hour or two afterwards.

HEF External

TheLichKing

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 04:49:08 PM »

Virtually painless, although there were a few times that a wire site got irritated for a couple of days and felt about 15/100(like a hair being pulled) whenever I would move my leg a certain way. Also, when I started walking unassisted my feet were sore for an hour or two afterwards.

HEF External

HEF = Hybrid Ext. Fixator ? Also location, surgeon and cost?

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 06:46:16 PM »

HEF = Hybrid Ext. Fixator ? Also location, surgeon and cost?

Hybrid External Fixator. Italy, Dr. Pili (with Catagni), 20k Euro
I have a diary, although it's not as detailed as some of the others
Pages: [1]   Go Up