Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What will happen if I lengthen 7cm on tibia?  (Read 1395 times)

DreamKamchatka

What will happen if I lengthen 7cm on tibia?
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:55:06 AM »

Everyone says it's too risky. But what will happen inside the tibia then?

Koi

Re: What will happen if I lengthen 7cm on tibia?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 03:38:56 AM »

I'm not an expert, but many doctors say it's the limit. The more you lengthen, the longer the time you're exposed to risks (but that goes for both tibias and femurs). And, as far as I know, tibias' recovery time is longer than femurs'. Many people talk about permanent knee pain with some methods. I'd say stick with a doctor that you trust, follow his instructions, exercise well pre-op and post-op, don't have a fast lengthen ratio (you know, those mm per day), and be hygienic/healthy during your stay. I think you could be fine with that, I'm thinking about doing 7cm in tibias and that's what I've learned from talking with a few doctors that are up to do such amount. However, I wouldn't go beyond 7cm, since that seems to be the limit.

Cheers. :)

The Kaiser

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:56:33 PM »

I'm not an expert, but many doctors say it's the limit. The more you lengthen, the longer the time you're exposed to risks (but that goes for both tibias and femurs). And, as far as I know, tibias' recovery time is longer than femurs'. Many people talk about permanent knee pain with some methods. I'd say stick with a doctor that you trust, follow his instructions, exercise well pre-op and post-op, don't have a fast lengthen ratio (you know, those mm per day), and be hygienic/healthy during your stay. I think you could be fine with that, I'm thinking about doing 7cm in tibias and that's what I've learned from talking with a few doctors that are up to do such amount. However, I wouldn't go beyond 7cm, since that seems to be the limit.

Cheers. :)

No one knows, in general its more in the risk side.

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:43:20 PM »

What exact risk or problem is that?

The Kaiser

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 12:54:57 AM »

What exact risk or problem is that?

Femur is more safer, faster heal, less complicated, faster length and take half the amount that tibia take. Negative point is the price thats why most people avoid it

About tibia, you have to break two bones, slower length everyday, take more time to heal, possible un-union, takes longer to operate it in the operation room. The positive side of it is that some doctors cost you more less the femur.

So do you want to make tibia? Good luck,,.
Pages: [1]   Go Up