Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much is your athleticism hurt by LL? Ability to run, jump, play sports etc.  (Read 1700 times)

Excal

• Visitor

I have read that leg lengthening severely affects your coordination and athleticism for the rest of your life.

Just how severe of an effect is this? Let's say you get 4cm of femur lengthening. What can you expect in terms of athleticism changes?

Will you walk and run awkwardly for the rest of your life? Will you be able to play basketball or tennis, or will you suck?

And what about your ability to exercise - to lift weights? Could you still squat, deadlift etc. or do those become dangerous?

I don't know yet if I would get LL, and this is important to me. If the effect is too big I probably wouldn't get it.

applesandoranges

I think you would be okay with 4cm. There are some videos on YouTube with patients running and more. Look up AndrewShizzles, he did 9cm on femurs and there's a vid of him running and playing basketball. He doesn't look like he's suffering at all, but I doubt he's back to normal - maybe 70% of previous athleticism.

Also ShyShy has some great vids after doing internal femur.

The Kaiser

Lets see what LLers patients will say

applesandoranges

Lets see what LLers patients will say

Majority of them aren't on this forum..

Also, OP look up Dr. Donghoon Lee's Youtube channel, he has like over 50+ patients walking and running, etc.

Excal

• Visitor

Thanks guys. Can you still weight lift?

If so I imagine it must affect the amount you can lift, but I'm wondering how much.
Majority of them aren't on this forum..

Also, OP look up Dr. Donghoon Lee's Youtube channel, he has like over 50+ patients walking and running, etc.
Do patients stop coming here after surgery?

Koi

Do patients stop coming here after surgery?
Most of them stop coming here a bit after the surgery, once they can go enjoy their lives, yeah. However, we still have a bunch of veterans around, it's just a matter of time that one of them sees this post.

Keep in mind that every person is a whole different world, when compared to each other.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up