Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre-Op jitters/Fears  (Read 2160 times)

blahblah

Pre-Op jitters/Fears
« on: November 23, 2016, 06:47:15 AM »

For all the vets out there did you have any pre-op jitter or fears?
I mean was the surgery a lot bigger and scarier in your mind/perception than it actually turned out to be?
Also if you had to rank this surgery between 1 (being a nose job) and 10 (being a brain surgery), how risky would you say it really is?

Penguinn

Re: Pre-Op jitters/Fears
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 08:10:34 AM »

I was a little anxious and this was my first surgery ever, but it wasn't that bad. You'll be pricked a few times for the anesthesia and then you'll be out. You'll wake up with very heavy legs in heavy casts knowing you're en route to being taller. I think reading what other LLers wrote about their surgeries put me at ease.

With a great surgeon, 3/10. Most complications can be taken care of. Nowhere near a brain surgery.

LLCaptain

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 01:18:25 PM »

I remember being extremely relieved and happy that I was finally able to break my legs. I was absolutely fearless and free of any anxiety.

I had read about LL for almost a decade before, and knew that my early 20s were going to be tough: 4 years of college would put me in debt, then had to find a way to pay for the entire operation by myself. Supposedly the best years of your life, I spent most of that time with my head down, just working and smoking a lot of pot.

Fast forward 10 years later, I'm laying in my hotel the night before surgery. A couple months of physical pain amounts to very little suffering if you compare it to a decade of self-loathing and general unhappiness stemming from your short stature. I chuckled and went to sleep.

KrP1

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 02:02:58 PM »

I remember being extremely relieved and happy that I was finally able to break my legs. I was absolutely fearless and free of any anxiety.

I had read about LL for almost a decade before, and knew that my early 20s were going to be tough: 4 years of college would put me in debt, then had to find a way to pay for the entire operation by myself. Supposedly the best years of your life, I spent most of that time with my head down, just working and smoking a lot of pot.

Fast forward 10 years later, I'm laying in my hotel the night before surgery. A couple months of physical pain amounts to very little suffering if you compare it to a decade of self-loathing and general unhappiness stemming from your short stature. I chuckled and went to sleep.

I think the same bro. I had the feeling of being loosing my life with my short stature. That suffering is much worse than some physical pain for a few months.

Peaceout

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 03:20:52 PM »

How tall were you and how tall are you now?

Alu

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 10:21:08 PM »

Also who did you do it with? I never found out where.

I feel like I'm probably going to be a mix bag of emotions when I get there. It will be like both relief that I got to the point I've been working hard to, but at the same time I will be filled with immense worry about my future if anything goes wrong.

programdude

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 06:36:46 PM »

I weirdly wasn't scared at all the day of. I remember just walking in there and being like "its out of my hands now" as I started to pass out from the drugs.

The odds of a huge complication are pretty low and not really to be worried about, though thats coming from the guy who broke his leg in the middle of the grocery store with his bare hands.

I think most people who truly want this wont be overly worried the day before operation. If you are suffering genuinely from your stature, you will have already embraced the risks mentally.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +
Pages: [1]   Go Up