Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is LL possible after Achilles Tendons Lengthening?  (Read 4011 times)

taurus

• Visitor
Is LL possible after Achilles Tendons Lengthening?
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:48:31 PM »

Hi!

So I'm a 20 year old guy from Europe. I'm 153cm at the moment, and my growth plates are fused so I wont grow anymore. I came over LL a year ago but put the thought at rest as I don't have anywhere near the money needed to do it. I was also uncertain as to wether it would be possible, as I had ATL (Achilles tendons lenghtening) when I was 10 years old. I don't have any problems with my feet at the moment, but I am naturally "stiff". I know my tendons should  be able to be more flexible with training and physiotherapy, but I don't know if they can be in the "normal" range, since I suppose there are scarring at the tendons down by the heel where they cut it.

My question is, is there anyone on here who has done both ATL and LL? How did the tendons react to it, and will they be able to take the strain of LL, generally speaking?

I'm still new to this so I haven't got any potential doctors to ask, and when I've brought up LL to other doctors before they've basically laughed in my face and told me to "be happy with what I've got".  As there are people here way over 175cm doing LL, I'm sure you understand my need to do this as well.

Thanks in advance!
20 year old Male from Europe.
Current height: 153cm (5'0")
Goal: 163cm (5'3")

Penguinn

Re: Is LL possible after Achilles Tendons Lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 03:07:29 PM »

I can't answer your main question but as for the doctors laughing in your face, they can shove their opinion where the sun doesn't shine. You should respect their medical opinions, not their philosophical ones. Being 5' male in Europe must be very rough.

goldenegg

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:17:47 PM »

I think asking a doctor who does cosmetic LL would be your best bet. anyone who laughs at you clearly doesn't understand how hard it can be as a very short male. I would think doing your femurs might be a better bet than tibias since that doesnt affect the achilles. Again, I'd get the opinion of an actual doctor who specializes in cosmetic LL. They'll know better and won't laugh in your face. 

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 08:29:34 PM »

I was changing a shrink many times because of their "opinions" about being short stature. Constantly telling me my problems are nothing and i'm just looking for excuses blahblahblah.... utter imbeciles.

If i might ask, where exactly in europe are you living? I don't know your growing curve but weren't you always under 3rd percentile?
I'm mostly asking because kids here get refunded HGH if they are short stature, even if it's idiopathic(genetic).

The Kaiser

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 08:57:36 PM »

Hi!

So I'm a 20 year old guy from Europe. I'm 153cm at the moment, and my growth plates are fused so I wont grow anymore. I came over LL a year ago but put the thought at rest as I don't have anywhere near the money needed to do it. I was also uncertain as to wether it would be possible, as I had ATL (Achilles tendons lenghtening) when I was 10 years old. I don't have any problems with my feet at the moment, but I am naturally "stiff". I know my tendons should  be able to be more flexible with training and physiotherapy, but I don't know if they can be in the "normal" range, since I suppose there are scarring at the tendons down by the heel where they cut it.

My question is, is there anyone on here who has done both ATL and LL? How did the tendons react to it, and will they be able to take the strain of LL, generally speaking?

I'm still new to this so I haven't got any potential doctors to ask, and when I've brought up LL to other doctors before they've basically laughed in my face and told me to "be happy with what I've got".  As there are people here way over 175cm doing LL, I'm sure you understand my need to do this as well.

Thanks in advance!

These kind of question is serious. Best option for you is to ask an expert doctor, go Ask Paley, Guichet or Rozgburgh, they will answer you with all details you want. Good luck

taurus

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 11:13:13 AM »

Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll have to contact some doctors.

I was changing a shrink many times because of their "opinions" about being short stature. Constantly telling me my problems are nothing and i'm just looking for excuses blahblahblah.... utter imbeciles.

If i might ask, where exactly in europe are you living? I don't know your growing curve but weren't you always under 3rd percentile?
I'm mostly asking because kids here get refunded HGH if they are short stature, even if it's idiopathic(genetic).

I'm from Norway, and from what my parents told me when I asked them why the hell they didn't get me on growth horomones before it was to late (I went to an endocrinologist at 16 and got told my bones were basically 98% done growing, and I'd probably get 2 ish more cm, which is exactly what I got.) they said that even though I was always little and way under average height, my height was consistent and followed the curve it was supposed to follow, just like 10-15cm under average..

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »

It should be law that kids below average height be given HGH as soon as it is confirmed they are below average. It should also be prescribed in large enough doses to actually help as well the dosages given to most kids are way too small to make any difference

taurus

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 02:23:49 PM »

It should be law that kids below average height be given HGH as soon as it is confirmed they are below average. It should also be prescribed in large enough doses to actually help as well the dosages given to most kids are way too small to make any difference

I agree 100%. It kinda pisses me of that people take height as something that doesn't really matter, when it most certainly does in a lot of cases.

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »

Yeah let's make it law that parents have to force hormones that cause headaches and increase the risk of cancer into their children so they can be an extra two inches taller. Hey, at least when the kid dies of a brain tumor the parents can take solace in the fact that their kid died at 5'7 instead of 5'5.

Dumbass idea.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 03:57:42 PM »

Yeah let's make it law that parents have to force hormones that cause headaches and increase the risk of cancer into their children so they can be an extra two inches taller. Hey, at least when the kid dies of a brain tumor the parents can take solace in the fact that their kid died at 5'7 instead of 5'5.

Dumbass idea.

Not to mention the amount of HGH needed to make every short kid average for something that the world of medicine doesn't consider a problem.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 04:28:52 PM »

There's zero evidence HGH causes either of those conditions

Its the exact same stuff the body produces on its own.

And the bottom line pain and recovery wise HGH is far far safer than leg lengthening

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »

Not to mention the amount of HGH needed to make every short kid average for something that the world of medicine doesn't consider a problem.

HGH for short stature kids shouldn't be a problem, to be honest my endocrinologist told me that people do it anyway(pay the doctor for prescription).

I'm from Norway, and from what my parents told me when I asked them why the hell they didn't get me on growth horomones before it was to late (I went to an endocrinologist at 16 and got told my bones were basically 98% done growing, and I'd probably get 2 ish more cm, which is exactly what I got.) they said that even though I was always little and way under average height, my height was consistent and followed the curve it was supposed to follow, just like 10-15cm under average..

It's not about your growing curve but if your height was always under third percentile your parents should worry anyway.

There's zero evidence HGH causes either of those conditions

Its the exact same stuff the body produces on its own.

And the bottom line pain and recovery wise HGH is far far safer than leg lengthening

Synthetic hormones are produced by your own body? K.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:50:42 PM by YourSpaceBoyfriend »

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 06:06:30 PM »

Doesn't matter that its synthetic it goes into your body and produces the exact same effect that HGH does regardless. HGH has a bad rap for two reasons A) it was taken from diseased cadavers back in the first days it was used B) idiot pro bodybuilders who use 20-40ius of the stuff a day  and end up screwing up their faces,organs and joints, its one of many drugs a pro bodybuilder is on so it can't be narrowed down entirely to HGH either!

If I were you I'd be a lot more concerned about the crap that people willingly put into their bodies through general diet not to mention the carcinogens found in numerous allegedly safe household products and general hygiene products as well. These things have all been linked to cancers and lowering hormones. Why do you think there's an epidemic of highly effeminate males today?

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 06:33:33 PM »

Regarding your question unfortunately if you want to lengthen your tibias people with poor ankle mobility should not go near tibia lengthening. To be able to walk properly or perform well in sports you need a certain level of rom in your ankles which tibia lengthening eventually destroys if you go past a certain amount. Dorsiflexion and plantar flexion are rarely discussed on this board because the idiots on here are more concerned about nonsense like proportions.

If your tendon was already short enough to need a lengthening then the chances are you have very little room to work with unfortunately. Furthermore lengthening typically weaken tendons so this would put you at risk of future ruptures should you get any tighter. It will also affect your gait as you need 15-20 degrees of dorsiflexion to walk properly.

This surgery destroys ankle mobility eventually hence the reason people end up walking funny and why they can no longer perform well in sports. Ankle mobility is critical for sporting performance. Ankle mobility becomes seriously limited at around 4-5cms on tibias for most people.

Femurs would be your best bet but my guess is you will get 7cms or so there. The risk with femurs is to the knees and the hips which do not like the excessive muscle tightness this can also lead to future back problems.

I know this won't be nice to hear but I'd forget about this surgery you won't get anywhere near enough to become close to average height and if you push on to large amounts you will highly likely have severe problems in the future because of it. Leg lengthening was only ever really designed to fix 1-4 cm discrepancys in legs maybe slightly more for some people and less for others

Check your dorsiflexion if you are getting only 15-20 degrees stretched then this isn't a surgery I'd advise

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 07:49:46 PM »

For the sake of the human species please don't procreate or run for elected office.

Why do you think there's an epidemic of highly effeminate males today?

Elaborate on what you mean by highly effeminate males...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:25:03 PM by Zaney »

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 08:59:22 PM »

For the sake of the human species please don't procreate or run for elected office.

Elaborate on what you mean by highly effeminate males...

Oh not you again please f£&k off and die a slow death!

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 09:07:09 PM »

I'm the guy you never expect to be smashing your girlfriend - LMFAO! You've probably never fkd a girl in your life you little poofter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up