Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris is going to the ISIC  (Read 4974 times)

Chris

Chris is going to the ISIC
« on: November 20, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »

Hey guys :)

The time for my LL experience is getting closer and I wanted to update you about my plans.
As promised, I'm also going to write a diary in due time, which I think will become quite interesting to follow for various reasons ;)

I will go to the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre (ISIC) on Dec 12th, where I will have an appointment with Dr. Deepak Raina.

My goals:

My goal is to lengthen my legs by 8 centimeters, which is quite a lot for a very short man like me who is only 161cm.
The 8cm will be spread across tibia and femur, but I'm not sure whether it will be 4+4 or 5+3, it depends on some personal questions I have no answers to yet.
I'm planning to do all-external quadrilateral lengthening over nail and I will definitely lengthen at home (told you this would become interesting ;) )
I want to lengthen my tibiae using the Ilizarov apparatus (LON) and my femurs using the monorail fixator (LON), because it will be much more convenient and less risky this way.
I hope Dr. Deepak will be willing to do everything in just one go (one surgery). I talked to my doctors at home and they told me that it's not recommended but absolutely feasible.
Having only one larger surgery instead of two could reduce the time and cost even further.

Regarding lengthening at home:

I have full family support - although they think I'm nuts :P
Without my family's help, which we all planned together on a grand round table, it wouldn't be possible.
I will have my weekly checkups at a clinic nearby where I live.

Talking about LL:

I have also told my friends and even my enemies beforehand what I'm going to do, I'm not making a secret out of it.
And I must admit, it has worked out pretty well so far.
If the girls think you're handsome, but short, they will support it.
Two different girls even said they find it very brave of me (in terms of character) to break my legs :)
My guys think I'm crazy, but they also find it very interesting and can't wait so see my Deus-Ex-like results.
It has been a lot of work to talk to most of them separately, but it makes everyone react/behave differently than they probably would have in front of the others.

Regarding my proportions:

I'm short and I'm leggy.
My current leg-to-height ratio is 0.481 which is the absolute max of the average ratio (46-48).
My final ratio will be 0.506 of 0.5, which is at the recommended maximum before the average human eye begins to see it. Note: This applies only to male proportions.
My current wingspan equals exactly my current evening height.
Tibia and femur will be lengthened equally.

This is what I should look like after my LL experience (tibia 4cm + femur 4cm @169cm):

I will start my journey with maximum average values and I will end my journey with maximum recommended values.
Proportion-wise, this is the worst look a man can have after LL, as long as he stays within the boundaries.

If you could live with the proportions you see in my mockup, then LL is for you *lol*

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

onemorefoot

Re: Chris is going to the ISIC
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 05:23:50 PM »

Taking a look of just your image I thought you were like 5 9", yes you are quite leggy.
Budget will determine my future.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 05:42:43 PM »

Taking a look of just your image I thought you were like 5 9", yes you are quite leggy.

Haha, I think it's because the camera angle makes you look up to me  :D
But there is no height when it comes to proportions actually.
You could scale up a person to any given size and the proportions stay the same.

And I hope your "yes you are quite leggy" doesn't secretly mean "man your proportions look effed up", because this is going to be my calculated new body :P
I even made a mockup thread many month ago and the people liked my proportions as far as I can remember.

I'm a real LL-patient.

midnightninja

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 05:45:22 PM »

I think you look great. I personally would not even think once about your proportions or looks if you do 4+4 :) You look normal in the mockup my friend :)

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 05:55:15 PM »

Nah, you look in a normal range even after 8 cm being honestly..

TrueSpartan

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

Hey Chris,

Thank you deciding to write a diary for us future lengtheners.

Your plan on having 4 frames around your legs is not very well thought through . I think your plan is perfect for screwing yourself over. You should really stick to either tibia first or femurs first.

I recommend you do tibia first. After you recover, see if your willing to go through all that again plus more with Lon femur for a couple more cm or are you satisfied.

Chris

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »

I think you look great. I personally would not even think once about your proportions or looks if you do 4+4 :) You look normal in the mockup my friend :)

Thank you, Midnightninja :)

Nah, you look in a normal range even after 8 cm being honestly..

I'm relieved, thank you :D

Hey Chris,
Thank you deciding to write a diary for us future lengtheners.
Your plan on having 4 frames around your legs is not very well thought through . I think your plan is perfect for screwing yourself over. You should really stick to either tibia first or femurs first.
I recommend you do tibia first. After you recover, see if your willing to go through all that again plus more with Lon femur for a couple more cm or are you satisfied.

Hello TrueSpartan :)

I'm planning to do quadrilateral, because there won't be another open window for me to do LL for many years.
And becoming 165cm after just lengthening my tibia won't realistically change my life. I mean this height is where most short people start to do LL for a reason :/
Quadrilateral is much cheaper, too, since I don't have to pay for everything twice, which is an important factor to me, because I'm an university student.
And I only have to suffer once.
I will only have frames around my tibia and I will have monorail attached to my femur so that my legs have more freedom to move.
Everything is supposedly fully weight-bearing.
I'm only doing 4cm on each segment; many LLers lengthen one segment by 7cm and I'm going to spread 8 on two segments. I'm not sure why you think this would crew me over ???

I'm a real LL-patient.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 07:04:46 PM »

Best of luck Chris hope it changes your life for the better

Chris

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »

Best of luck Chris hope it changes your life for the better

Thanks, I'm very positive this will change my life :)

@all

Can anyone explain to me why having only one surgery for both my femurs (LON) and tibiae (LON) at the same time could be a bad idea?
I can only find posts stating or assuming that it's bad, but never why...

I'm a real LL-patient.

onemorefoot

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 08:16:12 PM »

Becuase of fat embolism, but you are young,  that should help.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »

You can still do both surgeries with a bit of a break(3weeks/1month).

applesandoranges

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 10:10:05 PM »

Hey Chris, why don't you do Internal Femur? External fixation on femur is crazy dude. If you're worried about mechanical axis deviation, Dr. Monegal does an internal nail that accounts for this. He inserts the nail inside the femur through the knee to align your legs better.

I agree 8cm is a good length for the total of both segments.

TrueSpartan

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 10:13:37 PM »

You could also do 6 cm in just tibia's. Take glucosamine for ~1 cm gain in the spine for a total for 7cm. Save yourself half the trauma.

The Kaiser

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 12:36:31 PM »

Hey guys :)

The time for my LL experience is getting closer and I wanted to update you about my plans.
As promised, I'm also going to write a diary in due time, which I think will become quite interesting to follow for various reasons ;)

I will go to the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre (ISIC) on Dec 12th, where I will have an appointment with Dr. Deepak Raina.

My goals:

My goal is to lengthen my legs by 8 centimeters, which is quite a lot for a very short man like me who is only 161cm.
The 8cm will be spread across tibia and femur, but I'm not sure whether it will be 4+4 or 5+3, it depends on some personal questions I have no answers to yet.
I'm planning to do all-external quadrilateral lengthening over nail and I will definitely lengthen at home (told you this would become interesting ;) )
I want to lengthen my tibiae using the Ilizarov apparatus (LON) and my femurs using the monorail fixator (LON), because it will be much more convenient and less risky this way.
I hope Dr. Deepak will be willing to do everything in just one go (one surgery). I talked to my doctors at home and they told me that it's not recommended but absolutely feasible.
Having only one larger surgery instead of two could reduce the time and cost even further.

Regarding lengthening at home:

I have full family support - although they think I'm nuts :P
Without my family's help, which we all planned together on a grand round table, it wouldn't be possible.
I will have my weekly checkups at a clinic nearby where I live.

Talking about LL:

I have also told my friends and even my enemies beforehand what I'm going to do, I'm not making a secret out of it.
And I must admit, it has worked out pretty well so far.
If the girls think you're handsome, but short, they will support it.
Two different girls even said they find it very brave of me (in terms of character) to break my legs :)
My guys think I'm crazy, but they also find it very interesting and can't wait so see my Deus-Ex-like results.
It has been a lot of work to talk to most of them separately, but it makes everyone react/behave differently than they probably would have in front of the others.

Regarding my proportions:

I'm short and I'm leggy.
My current leg-to-height ratio is 0.481 which is the absolute max of the average ratio (46-48).
My final ratio will be 0.506 of 0.5, which is at the recommended maximum before the average human eye begins to see it. Note: This applies only to male proportions.
My current wingspan equals exactly my current evening height.
Tibia and femur will be lengthened equally.

This is what I should look like after my LL experience (tibia 4cm + femur 4cm @169cm):

I will start my journey with maximum average values and I will end my journey with maximum recommended values.
Proportion-wise, this is the worst look a man can have after LL, as long as he stays within the boundaries.

If you could live with the proportions you see in my mockup, then LL is for you *lol*

You're brave no one deny, but i hope you know what external femur mean. People who performed it told us its very painful in the first, but with pain killer i think you will do fine, seek your dream and good luck

Bander72

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 05:59:20 PM »

Good luck, I think with internal this would be much safer but I understand that you want to save time and money especially the former.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Chris

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 10:16:06 PM »

Becuase of fat embolism, but you are young,  that should help.
Oh, I see.
The insertion of a nail into the femur or tibia causes more pressure to the bone marrow, which could lead to fat cells getting into the blood vessels.
Thanks!

I reached out to my consulting doctor and asked him why he said to me that it was not recommended and he also replied (shock and) fat embolism due to polytrauma.
When I asked him why he also noted that he would still do it if I insisted, he said to me that it was because I most likely wouldn't die from fat embolism these days. But the risk was still real.
I also searched the internet for more info and I found, that even this famous Dr. Parley would do it if someone really wanted to.

So yea, I'm desperate enough to take the somewhat higher risk of FES and the very small risk to die from it.

But in the end it will be up to my surgeon anyway, I have no power over him :D

I'm a real LL-patient.

Bander72

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 10:20:21 PM »

In penguins diary he talked about a machine  you can pay for 2000 usd to get rid of the fat ebolisim if it occurs you should ask him about it.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Chris

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 10:40:05 PM »

In penguins diary he talked about a machine  you can pay for 2000 usd to get rid of the fat ebolisim if it occurs you should ask him about it.

I'll stay in the hospital for at least one week. If they don't have any way to deal with embolism and stuff, then they are not the ISIC ;)
I'm a real LL-patient.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 11:39:13 PM »

Chris,

where are you from?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Chris

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 11:53:44 PM »

Chris,

where are you from?

I've probably mentioned it once or twice in the forums, but for the sake of some anonymity, let's just stick with Europe from now on ;)

I'm a real LL-patient.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 12:12:39 PM »

I've probably mentioned it once or twice in the forums, but for the sake of some anonymity, let's just stick with Europe from now on ;)

I was just curious if you're from a rather "tall" or a rather "short" region of Europe. How tall are you parents, your father and your mother? What's their opinion on your situation, and are you sometimes disappointed at them for doing something about it, such as prescribing you HGH when you were younger? Anyway, I wish you all the best on your journey.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Chris

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 08:33:18 PM »

I was just curious if you're from a rather "tall" or a rather "short" region of Europe. How tall are you parents, your father and your mother? What's their opinion on your situation, and are you sometimes disappointed at them for doing something about it, such as prescribing you HGH when you were younger? Anyway, I wish you all the best on your journey.
A "tall" region. After LL, my father will still be taller than me.

Regarding hormones: my parents refused it and only told me about it when I was in my late teens. I felt like burning down their house *lol*
But they are helping me now, which is all that matters <3
I'm a real LL-patient.
Pages: [1]   Go Up