Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice for doing LL with Dr.Parihar  (Read 3072 times)

wasabix

• Visitor
Advice for doing LL with Dr.Parihar
« on: November 17, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »

I have decided that Dr.Parihar is probably the best suit for me and will be looking I to having my surgery within the next 1-2 years (depending how quickly I am able to raise funds for it).

I am finding it difficult to find information for the current costs for having a set of surgery done and the total costs for consultation, and post op charges. How much money would I need to raise if I were to get my tibias done by 5cm?
And would it be at all possible to get my femurs done around the same time as well??

My biggest concern is that I am trans. Will Dr.Parihar reject me because my reason for taking this surgery is I believe its part of my journey as a trans man and is there any sort of discrimination towards trans or Asians?

In terms of accommodation I know a few Indians actually living in India but as to whether or not I can ask them for accommodation is another issue I'll have to deal with.

Does anyone know how long it takes to have the surgery?? ie. Waiting lists?

Is there anything I need to consider before the surgery? Like stretching? Eating healthy? Or is that something I can consult with Dr.Guichet (as I live near London) until I can actually have the surgery in order to physically prepare myself and ensure I am at peak condition.

I am 19 and doubt I will grow anymore but what're the complication rates? I do not wish to exceed the 5cm safety margin on each bone and am willing to stop at 4cm if I have to. I'm 5'2 and any amount of extra height I will take gladly, and humbly.

My wingspan is 166cm so I also hope to have my humerous done by at least 1-2 inches when my arms become very very Hench so it'll just look like I have very large arms. But does anyone know if Parihar does this surgery and its complications as I've read (apparently) it is safer and heals faster than those done in the legs??

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this monstrously large amount of questions :)

onemorefoot

Re: Advice for doing LL with Dr.Parihar
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »

You have to pass for bilateral tibias or femurs first, after a year you can go again with him for a lengthening. He wont perform LON on both femurs or quadrilateral surgery, just Precice and is very expensive. For LON the total cost would be like 30 k usd-33 k usd, for precice 52 k usd more or less. His concern is not why do you want this surgery if not that you have correct goals, I mean no 7 cm on tibias.
Budget will determine my future.

Bander72

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 09:06:43 PM »

LON is not gonna be over 25k. The surgery is 15k. Mumbai rent is expensive but the food is cheap.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:21:31 PM »

That is why I said total cost.

Bander72

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 01:08:12 AM »

Read kilo khan thread he stayed in a 1500 a month hotel and cost was under 25k and he stayed a little extra due to going for 6 cm some complications. So if someone goes there to lon for 4or 5 cm and finds somewhere cheaper to rent there expesenses wont be 33k.

The Kaiser

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 01:14:57 AM »

Prepare your budget for worst cases "complication and accomondation"

stop when your body can't handle more mm

prepare for the surgery "stop smoking several months, Exercise and be flexible"

read and re-read re-read re-read

Good luck,..

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 03:30:58 AM »

Kilo was only with external fixators, with LON you have to add the cost of the nails( which is not too much), plus travel expenses it could easily be  30000 USD. I dont know if that cost includes the remove of the nail 1 or 2 years after.

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 03:47:57 AM »

But, well, rupees have gone down, so we can say that for the whole thing it is more 25-30 range, but under 25???

Penguinn

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 04:03:13 AM »

I have decided that Dr.Parihar is probably the best suit for me and will be looking I to having my surgery within the next 1-2 years (depending how quickly I am able to raise funds for it).

I am finding it difficult to find information for the current costs for having a set of surgery done and the total costs for consultation, and post op charges. How much money would I need to raise if I were to get my tibias done by 5cm?
And would it be at all possible to get my femurs done around the same time as well??
Kilo spent about $25,000 in India total. Since the dollar's gained more value compared to the rupee and Parihar's price is unchanged, it should be cheaper for you.

My biggest concern is that I am trans. Will Dr.Parihar reject me because my reason for taking this surgery is I believe its part of my journey as a trans man and is there any sort of discrimination towards trans or Asians?
Towards Asians, no. Towards trans, honestly, Indians will look at you a little weird but they tend to stare at foreigners anyway. Not in a discriminating or malicious way- like if you see an ambulance bustling through some sedans you'll look at it- similarly, it's rare for most of them to see foreigners.

Does anyone know how long it takes to have the surgery?? ie. Waiting lists?
I think you could consult with him and schedule it a week or two ahead. You'd have to do the tests he asks you to and send him the report so he clears you for surgery. For Precice it takes 6 weeks or so for the implants to arrive.

Is there anything I need to consider before the surgery? Like stretching? Eating healthy? Or is that something I can consult with Dr.Guichet (as I live near London) until I can actually have the surgery in order to physically prepare myself and ensure I am at peak condition.
Based on my experience, my opinion is don't be fat and gain arm strength. You can do stretching but your strength and flexibility will be gone after surgery. When I asked him about flexibility, he said true flexibility is built over years.

I am 19 and doubt I will grow anymore but what're the complication rates? I do not wish to exceed the 5cm safety margin on each bone and am willing to stop at 4cm if I have to. I'm 5'2 and any amount of extra height I will take gladly, and humbly.
With him or in general? I haven't heard of him causing surgical complications. Through the physio I've heard of strength loss, some equinus etc. but these are taken care of through physio.

My wingspan is 166cm so I also hope to have my humerous done by at least 1-2 inches when my arms become very very Hench so it'll just look like I have very large arms. But does anyone know if Parihar does this surgery and its complications as I've read (apparently) it is safer and heals faster than those done in the legs??
I've read on this forum that Dr. Parihar thinks arm lengthening is too risky; think it was written by Kilo.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 04:10:31 AM »

^Dr Parihar is fine with humerus lengthening but won't do forearm lengthening for cosmetic reasons.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Bander72

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 01:24:55 PM »

But, well, rupees have gone down, so we can say that for the whole thing it is more 25-30 range, but under 25???

You should re read his thread again which I am surprised you don't well since its one the more popular diary's in the forum. He said he ended up paying the price of LON which was not that much of a difference to cover the cost of other surgery's.

onemorefoot

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 07:29:42 PM »

Yes, Bander was a confusion, I never did the calculations in his thread becuase he did a list, I just supposed it should be the same price as LON with Birlkhotz which is 30 K USD, I thought that becuase the price of precice is almost the same with both doctors so the price of LON would be similar, but in india now is cheaper  because of the currency and other factors.

wasabix

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 09:01:20 AM »

^Dr Parihar is fine with humerus lengthening but won't do forearm lengthening for cosmetic reasons.

Yeah I looked into it. Humerus is far far safer cos with forearm you have 2 bones and a whole bunch of tendons and nerves there.
Do you know how much the humerus costs? And the healing time?
I'm hoping to do a 3- 4cm on my humerus probably around after my tibias or femurs heal, depending on which bones parihar suggests I lengthen. And to raise about 30k with an extra 8k for complications. Would that be enough for a LL surgery, and humeros surgery?
I have about a year and 4-6 months reserved in total for healing so I'd do 5cm on either tibias or femurs, and after I can weight bear enough I'd do my humerus.
Then a few years later I'd finish it off by maybe another surgery to even out my legs by another 4cm, if I can. If I can't I'd still be happy with the 5cm increase in height.
I am really thank full for the advice and your time :)

With him or in general? I haven't heard of him causing surgical complications. Through the physio I've heard of strength loss, some equinus etc. but these are taken care of through physio.

Thank you for taking your time to answer, man. (: it means a lot
And yeah with him. Cos I aim to go to university shortly after the surgeries so obviously I'd still like to be able to walk, cycle and work like every other nurse (as that's the degree im taking in the UK) so a lot of our work is on legs. I mean obviously I know I won't be able to do anything vigorous like parkour until a year or so until I've fully recovered. But yeah haha

Yes, Bander was a confusion, I never did the calculations in his thread becuase he did a list, I just supposed it should be the same price as LON with Birlkhotz which is 30 K USD, I thought that becuase the price of precice is almost the same with both doctors so the price of LON would be similar, but in india now is cheaper  because of the currency and other factors.

Read kilo khan thread he stayed in a 1500 a month hotel and cost was under 25k and he stayed a little extra due to going for 6 cm some complications. So if someone goes there to lon for 4or 5 cm and finds somewhere cheaper to rent there expesenses wont be 33k.

Lots of different prices here haha 😣
I've currently got 10k saved up. By this time next year I'd hopefully be at 25k
But I'll be hoping to do it in the summer of 2018 so it gives me some more months to earn more, and I usually earn about 1k a month whilst at college so.. That'll bring me up to 30k roughly in which I'd borrow 8-10k from a family member in case I have complications.
Anyone know if there's any jobs we can do for the time being whilst recovering??
Like I certainly wouldn't mind being those people who take calls even if its 10p per hour. At least I'd be able to do something

Prepare your budget for worst cases "complication and accomondation"

stop when your body can't handle more mm

prepare for the surgery "stop smoking several months, Exercise and be flexible"

read and re-read re-read re-read

Good luck,..

Thanks Kaiser!! I need it haha (:
I'll hopefully be writing a diary here for when I do take the surgery.
Maybe even a YouTube channel so you guys, and other people can see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up