Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Herniated disc and LL  (Read 2073 times)

BiggestProblem

Herniated disc and LL
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:51:44 PM »

Hi! Does anybody have experience/information about how back problems can affect LL. Personally. A disc in my back slipped 3 years ago. I have been living 3 years with a herniated disc. They thought it would heal in a month from x-rays etc but no progress so far. Does anybody know if it can cause problems with LL?

I believe it won't, but I am not sure. I am not allowed to do exercises such as bench press, rows, deadlifts or squats which I see a lot of people do after they get done with LL.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Herniated disc and LL
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:11:28 PM »

People who do femur lengthening seem to end up with lower back pain during lengthening a lot of the time. Probably something to mention to any doctor you're thinking of going to.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

BiggestProblem

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:01:56 PM »

Yeah that could be problematic. I also have knee issues already and I have done surgery on my meniscus but I get the occasional pain  that makes me wanna kms. I suppose things can't get much worse ;)

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 10:14:53 PM »

Yeah that could be problematic. I also have knee issues already and I have done surgery on my meniscus but I get the occasional pain  that makes me wanna kms. I suppose things can't get much worse ;)

if you could find treatment it will be better of course. knee problem is something you should put in consideration and ask your LL doctor before the surgery. I think if he allowed you to do it then he will give you internal femur and inserting from hip. just ask your doctor he know more than us

goldenegg

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »

agree with what kilo said. hyper lordosis (aka duckass) happens a lot after femur LL due to muscle tightness especially in the hip flexors and that can cause lower back pain. so I could see it making your back problems worse. I would definitely get the opinion of your LL doctor. also, not being able to do those exercises may make recovery / building back leg muscle harder...

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 08:58:34 PM »

Having weight trained seriously for 13 years Ive had my fair share of back pain it took years for my back pain to settle down. IMO I would avoid lengthening your femurs if you have back issues as the tightening and pulling effects on the pelvis will be increased significantly making the risk of back problems higher.

Life sucks when you are short but being 6cms taller but spending your days wishing to be in your bed to get relief from back pain ain't going to be fun either.

People with beaten up bodies should try their hardest to avoid this surgery tbh. After 7 years of rugby and 13 years of weights plus a rough outdoor life with friends growing up I should not have got what little done that I had done it was foolish. Tendons 4 x thicker than your average man and muscles 3x as large dont like getting stretched trust me

BiggestProblem

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »

I don't have muscles 3x this or tendons 4x that or whatever. All my gains I had have diminshed :D

KrP1

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »

Lower back pain or duck ass doesnt happen that much  if the doctor does tenotomies in some muscles. That is one thing that i dont like in guichet. He doesnt do that . And is something that makes the recovery much easier for the patient.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »

Is that what is known as a "release" or whatever it's called? o.O

KrP1

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »

Is that what is known as a "release" or whatever it's called? o.O

Yeah. It is

BiggestProblem

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 09:03:43 PM »

Ah gotcha. I will do precice 2 and Ill make sure my doctor does that

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 05:43:22 PM »

The reason muscle releases are not generally used is because they are highly risky

KrP1

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 06:35:51 PM »

The reason muscle releases are not generally used is because they are highly risky

there are some ways to do it, someones are a minimal cut , so the risk is minimum
Pages: [1]   Go Up