Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent knee pain?  (Read 5993 times)

sashawiak

Permanent knee pain?
« on: October 23, 2016, 11:19:45 AM »

What causes it? Are there any precautions you can take to avoid it? How bad is the pain, a dull ache or crippling pain? Could it get better with extended physical therapy waaaay after LL?
I wonder if you can get an injection every few years to help with the pain, my grandma is in her mid 70's and she a bad fall a few years ago and getting a shot in her knee every fear years helps her pain exponentially. So surely if it works for a 74 year old woman it should work for knee pain after surgery for people less than half her age?

The Kaiser

Re: Permanent knee pain?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 11:49:39 AM »

What causes it? Are there any precautions you can take to avoid it? How bad is the pain, a dull ache or crippling pain? Could it get better with extended physical therapy waaaay after LL?
I wonder if you can get an injection every few years to help with the pain, my grandma is in her mid 70's and she a bad fall a few years ago and getting a shot in her knee every fear years helps her pain exponentially. So surely if it works for a 74 year old woman it should work for knee pain after surgery for people less than half her age?

It mostly comes with internal tibia, so thats why i really ask people to do Internal femur. Avoid LATN and LON if you could afford internal femur

sashawiak

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 12:02:10 PM »

That's what I thought, it's waaaay out of my budget. I don't know if anyone has ever successfully got a loan for LL that they could pay off over the course of some years. lol. It'll be hard to come up with 40K+ while going to university... Cause I was considering LON for a quicker way out of frames.

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 03:32:35 AM »

That's what I thought, it's waaaay out of my budget. I don't know if anyone has ever successfully got a loan for LL that they could pay off over the course of some years. lol. It'll be hard to come up with 40K+ while going to university... Cause I was considering LON for a quicker way out of frames.

Out of frames is not everything, even when you're out of frame you will walk like zombie for many months. Go for Paley or Guichet with closing eye, if you can't, then read some people's diary and choose your doctor carefully.

midnightninja

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 04:30:00 AM »

You don't get a loan for 40k. You save up 30-50% of $40,000 and then go get a medical loan on the remaining amount. 

Bander72

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 05:48:52 AM »

Are you related to girlonline.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

BiggestProblem

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »

This one is way calmer.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

sashawiak

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 11:08:37 AM »

Out of frames is not everything, even when you're out of frame you will walk like zombie for many months. Go for Paley or Guichet with closing eye, if you can't, then read some people's diary and choose your doctor carefully.

I've been reading a lot, I haven't actually made my decision yet. Not even close. I know it'll take months to walk normal with any method I use but I figured being out of frames in half the time would be slightly easier to get back to regular life. But that's why I'm here asking questions instead of getting on a plane to go to the cheapest doctor. Unicorn's Guichet diary did scare me though.

You don't get a loan for 40k. You save up 30-50% of $40,000 and then go get a medical loan on the remaining amount. 

If I can get a loan for any amount that would be so much easier, I didn't think I was going to get the whole 40K anyway. I just wanted to know if it had ever been done before to alleviate *some* of these costs.

Nope, I'm just poor

This one is way calmer.

Thanks, I guess.

The Kaiser

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 01:21:51 PM »

I've been reading a lot, I haven't actually made my decision yet. Not even close. I know it'll take months to walk normal with any method I use but I figured being out of frames in half the time would be slightly easier to get back to regular life. But that's why I'm here asking questions instead of getting on a plane to go to the cheapest doctor. Unicorn's Guichet diary did scare me though.

If I can get a loan for any amount that would be so much easier, I didn't think I was going to get the whole 40K anyway. I just wanted to know if it had ever been done before to alleviate *some* of these costs.

Nope, I'm just poor

Thanks, I guess.

Unicorn's case is not that bad, its just delay her time and waste it. nothing bad with her.

If you could afford Guichet, go with him blindly, you will have a very fast recovery, if everything goes as its plan

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »

Unicorn's case is not that bad, its just delay her time and waste it. nothing bad with her.

If you could afford Guichet, go with him blindly, you will have a very fast recovery, if everything goes as its plan

Yes, fracture is absolutly nothing!

The Kaiser

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »

Yes, fracture is absolutly nothing!

I said its nothing when comes to stop the process or forcing her to stop completely (minor complication i mean). And she was scared of Guichet, this one wasn't his fault.

its will delay her lengthening and wasting more time of her life, but she will be ok mark my word

TIBIKE200

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »

I said its nothing when comes to stop the process or forcing her to stop completely (minor complication i mean). And she was scared of Guichet, this one wasn't his fault.

its will delay her lengthening and wasting more time of her life, but she will be ok mark my word

1) It's not a minor complication at all since it required a second surgery+a long recovery time+ ×™huge delay of the entire process. Can't know about long term consecquences though...

2) It was entirely Guichet's fault as the bone cut was not done right and therfore the "eggshell" fracture.
I learned some stuff during this time

The Kaiser

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »

1) It's not a minor complication at all since it required a second surgery+a long recovery time+ ×™huge delay of the entire process. Can't know about long term consecquences though...

2) It was entirely Guichet's fault as the bone cut was not done right and therfore the "eggshell" fracture.

Well Unicorn said its not his fault at all, i assume she knows more about her case.

sashawiak

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 03:49:32 PM »

I'm not blaming her or Guichet, I'm just saying reading about it scared me. She seems really happy with how it's going now, though. Going from 5'2 to 5'6 is amazing.

The Kaiser

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 07:33:46 PM »

I'm not blaming her or Guichet, I'm just saying reading about it scared me. She seems really happy with how it's going now, though. Going from 5'2 to 5'6 is amazing.

This surgery is not a joke, every doctor have a bad experience, its better to read and re-read again before attempt it. we all scared from it, but i believe its a good experience and once in life. Its nice to survive and come back to normal (its fun and dangerous in my eyes) thats why i want to go into it

sashawiak

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »

This surgery is not a joke, every doctor have a bad experience, its better to read and re-read again before attempt it. we all scared from it, but i believe its a good experience and once in life. Its nice to survive and come back to normal (its fun and dangerous in my eyes) thats why i want to go into it

It could have been her age playing a factor in it, but who knows. Better late than never. I'm actually starting to consider just saving for 2-4 years for internal instead after all the feedback. I would definitely rather be safe than sorry. I mean I'll cry anyway because I spent like 50K on cosmetic surgery but hopefully I'll be happy with the result.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »

It could have been her age playing a factor in it, but who knows. Better late than never. I'm actually starting to consider just saving for 2-4 years for internal instead after all the feedback. I would definitely rather be safe than sorry. I mean I'll cry anyway because I spent like 50K on cosmetic surgery but hopefully I'll be happy with the result.

Good idea to save up if you want to go for femur lengthening. But if you're good with tibiae lengthening as well, then it's better to just do LON and get scar revision afterwards combined with skin bleaching creams, imo. You'll save a lot of money that way. It seems women run into complications with internal tibiae lengthening at a higher rate than men.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

sashawiak

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »

Good idea to save up if you want to go for femur lengthening. But if you're good with tibiae lengthening as well, then it's better to just do LON and get scar revision afterwards combined with skin bleaching creams, imo. You'll save a lot of money that way. It seems women run into complications with internal tibiae lengthening at a higher rate than men.
Yeah, I don't want my impatience get the best of me and then I ruin my life and regret it. So internal femurs is what I'll probably do.
Did you ever get scar revision on yours? Or did you just leave them?

Lgazer

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 09:34:17 PM »

Permanent knee pain is a risk with LON and with internal tibias or femurs (by the knee)
Other options are pure externals and internal femurs (by hip)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 09:36:36 PM »

Yeah, I don't want my impatience get the best of me and then I ruin my life and regret it. So internal femurs is what I'll probably do.
Did you ever get scar revision on yours? Or did you just leave them?

There are plenty of doctors who are experts with LON (mine included). I don't believe tibia lengthening with LON is any more dangerous than internal femur lengthening provided you stay within the safe limit. Have you taken any proportion pictures to have an idea of whether elongating femurs or tibiae will look better on you?

I just left my scars alone. The funny thing is that guy friends have looked at my scars and said "Bro, wtf happened to you?" or "Dude your scars look gnarly" whereas women have told me they look cool and some even ask to touch them. For whatever reason it seems a lot of women find scars on men appealing. Based on the typical feedback, I don't think I need to get them removed.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

sashawiak

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 09:58:56 PM »

There are plenty of doctors who are experts with LON (mine included). I don't believe tibia lengthening with LON is any more dangerous than internal femur lengthening provided you stay within the safe limit. Have you taken any proportion pictures to have an idea of whether elongating femurs or tibiae will look better on you?

I just left my scars alone. The funny thing is that guy friends have looked at my scars and said "Bro, wtf happened to you?" or "Dude your scars look gnarly" whereas women have told me they look cool and some even ask to touch them. For whatever reason it seems a lot of women find scars on men appealing. Based on the typical feedback, I don't think I need to get them removed.

Decisions, decisions!
I haven't yet. I think girls have an advantage with long legs being considered very attractive and more feminine. I'm pretty sure I look way better in 4 inch heels than I do in flats. I'll still try to make my own mockup.

That's good. I guess it gives you a rugged and tough look, girls are definitely into that. If I were a guy though, id probably just get tattoos over them. For me, it'll probably be best to revisions and invest in waterproof scar concelar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up