Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting in contact with Dr Guichet  (Read 2471 times)

Random Hero

Getting in contact with Dr Guichet
« on: October 23, 2016, 02:07:27 AM »

How have people's experience been when trying to get in contact with Dr Guichet?

I entered my details into his contact me section of his website requesting a consultation earlier this week but all I've had is a bunch of junk emails which I'm pretty sure are from entering my email mail address into his website  :-\
Current Height: 5"8 - Desired Height: 5"10.5

Mechanical Engineer living in Sheffield, England

sashawiak

Re: Getting in contact with Dr Guichet
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 02:38:18 AM »

Some people have said they had a hard time getting a hold of him. If you don't get a response in like a week I would call his office or send him another email, but I'm sure he's just a very busy man.

midnightninja

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 12:19:41 PM »

Call his office if you are serious about getting this surgery and talking.

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »

Sometimes you have to wait two weeks to get response. i can send you a general information about anything you gonna ask ask him. so what you want to know about him?

Random Hero

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 10:20:18 PM »

I'll hang fire for another week then, swear his website has been compromised though.

My lengthening goal is 80mm and I'd like to know if it's achievable but I guess that's something that can't be determined over the internet.

Costing is also important to me and I'd like an up to date quote for London to work off as I still haven't raised the capital required.

Would like to hear his view on leaving the rods in post consolidation too

Oh and one last thing is it possible to work from a laptop a month after surgery for about 8h per day?

The Kaiser

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 10:24:50 PM »

I'll hang fire for another week then, swear his website has been compromised though.

My lengthening goal is 80mm and I'd like to know if it's achievable but I guess that's something that can't be determined over the internet.

Costing is also important to me and I'd like an up to date quote for London to work off as I still haven't raised the capital required.

Oh and one last thing is it possible to work from a laptop a month after surgery for about 8h per day?

With Guichet its really difficult to have a lot of time, you can if you accept to not make some times for friends and family.

remember that you gonna workout 5-8 hours in a day if you choose Guichet. He's one of the best doctor in the field. Milan's cheaper option but London is more beautiful as a city and they speak English unlike Milan. But Food in Milan is a different story lol

Random Hero

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »

Thank you for everyone's input; I received a surprise response today stating that 'Dr Guichet will not be in London any time soon as he is currently in Milan to perform several surgeries' so I'll be booking my consultation for Dec / Jan in London :D

Does anyone know if you have to fill out the 10 page medical form prior to the consultation, wait until Dr Guichet has reviewed it and considers me a candidate for the surgery and then let me have a consultation?

I'd be quite upset if I met him face to face only to be told I'm not suitable for the surgery after he assessed me :'(

Random Hero

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 01:01:13 PM »

Just to tidy up the thread I met with Dr Guichet yesterday in London for a consultation :D below are the answers to the best of my knowledge of my own questions in case anyone had similar ones...

Unable to determine pre-op; 7cm appears to be possible in majority of cases.

The overall budget in London for one level of surgery (both femurs for instance) that you need to face is approx. £52000 (for surgery (hospital, implants, fees, but not removal) including 2 months of training/physiotherapy (11 sessions per week), but not housing, exams, food nor transports. In Italy the budget is a bit less but for people who have housing in London or who prefer an English speaking country, it may not be a better option.

You can come for one month of training (count an additional GBP 3000 per month in a gym with supervision of my Team) then the surgery after it.

The initial consultation is £300.

Exams appear to be around the £5,000 mark.

Remove rods 1 and a half years post op; can leave in longer but not advised.

Training post op consists of 3 hours of exercise in morning and 2 hours in the afternoon under the supervision of the physiotherapist so it is unlikely you could undertake an 8h working day on the laptop during lengthening (happy to be proven otherwise)

Pages: [1]   Go Up