Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inquire about Dr. Shah's Email  (Read 999 times)

Useful dude

• Visitor
Inquire about Dr. Shah's Email
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:14:10 AM »

Hello everyone

This is my first post on this lovely fourm. Anyways I have been in contact with Dr. Shah about doing the surgery and I was just asking questions about the oprwaton. I want to do 4 cm on femurs also I wanted to do the PERICE 2 but apparently I cant afford it so I asked him if there is  cheaper method. So he offered me another option but I could not really recognize it and i asked for explanation. So he explained "We implant locking nail and put Ext fixator Ilizarov for lengthening and after req lengthening we lock the distal end and remove Ext fixator.. In Precice it is self lengthening devic ..
Result and complications are same..." is this method external or internal? And what ur guys advise should i go with this or nah ?

midnightninja

Re: Inquire about Dr. Shah's Email
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:23:57 AM »

You should wait a little longer and save the money for internal. 4-5cm on your femurs with an internal nail will be well worth the money.

GirlOnline

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 11:03:13 AM »

Hello everyone

This is my first post on this lovely fourm. Anyways I have been in contact with Dr. Shah about doing the surgery and I was just asking questions about the oprwaton. I want to do 4 cm on femurs also I wanted to do the PERICE 2 but apparently I cant afford it so I asked him if there is  cheaper method. So he offered me another option but I could not really recognize it and i asked for explanation. So he explained "We implant locking nail and put Ext fixator Ilizarov for lengthening and after req lengthening we lock the distal end and remove Ext fixator.. In Precice it is self lengthening devic ..
Result and complications are same..." is this method external or internal? And what ur guys advise should i go with this or nah ?

guys saying waiting is worth the money where you can get two segments done in precice 2 price, with other methods, and about pain, it will be there in any method, so if money is the problem and you want both segments, go for LON LATN,

precice 2 benefit is only the comfort because its inside our bone!
Mod Note: Banned 60 days for Violating 2) Insulting the forum for no valid reasons. Please do not use the forum if you do not trust the forum for any reasons.

Useful dude

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 09:08:54 AM »

Other opinions? Up up up
Pages: [1]   Go Up