Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What if? Is it worth it?  (Read 4021 times)

Lgazer

What if? Is it worth it?
« on: October 22, 2016, 12:14:48 AM »

What would you do if after LL surgery the situation gets ugly and you loose the best years of your life along with your money, your job, your wife, your hobbies? Do you think this is worth it? Emmanuel, Crimsontide, Musicmaker and other people from old forum (Daigoro) invested all their money and they lost at least 2 years of their life for 6-7 cm. Not able to walk. Not doing anything. Loosing job. Being abandoned by spouses and friends who get bored of crippled people. Do you think it's worth it? Things can go very bad in LL. What would you do if this happened to you?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: What if? Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 12:25:35 AM »

To be perfectly honest, i'm in such a point of life that i don't have really much to lose.

Lgazer

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 12:27:27 AM »

No job? No girlfriend? No money? Perhaps
But what about your health? What would you do if you had to be a cripple for 3 years or more? I assume you can walk now.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 12:29:51 AM »

Some days barely, i have a bit of a problems with my knees, nobody knows why.

It's maybe not about money, life for few years already is pretty tedious and grey for me.

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 12:30:16 AM »

Yes, we are here because our lifes are not very good.
Budget will determine my future.

Lgazer

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 01:13:04 AM »

If your life is so bad that it can't go worse, then do it...

I'm not sure about doing it. I have a beautiful girlfriend, a good job and lots of friends. I'm afraid of loosing everything when I take into account these cases.
Emmanuel lost his money and 4 years of his life in crutches! He was fortunate because his wife is still with him, but his suffering was extreme. Walking like an old man while being in his prime!
Crimsontide lost his girlfriend who cheated on him while he was crippled and made fun of him. He is still functionally impaired. He lost the function of his leg to the point that he wanted to amputate his leg. This gives you an idea of how bad his psychological wound is.
Musicmaker had a very good job as a prestigious psychologist? and she lost it after so many months out. She also got ugly scars (people told me it's terrible because she was beautiful like an angel). She has been wheelchairbounded for 2 years in a foreign country and moneymakers took advantage of her situation.
In the internet I've also found a case of an engineer who lengthened his legs in Russia, got complications and lost everything as a result (girlfriend, job and all his savings). In the other board you can find more cases.
These people lost everything: health, money, job, girlfriend, friends. And some people even lost their lives!

I feel bad about my height but I don't know if I could stand all this. I would probably get mad with half of it. It's too much

rock112

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 01:16:25 AM »

Uh sure, I'm not very close with family and I only have one friend. But also, I highly doubt I'll face serious complications. It comes down to:

- Choose a good doctor (US preferred, Paley)
- Don't exceed 6cm on one segment (maybe 4.5-5 for tibias)
- Follow your lenghtening rate
- Stretch & exercise for a few months before hand for flexibility
- Follow your recovery routines closely (and don't overwork yourself)

With those steps, you can not lose. I think people give LL a bad rep always talking about "complications." This is a fully controlled process. You have a doctor monitoring you at all times. And I've never seen anyone following the above points have any complications.

Usually, when something goes wrong, it's because they cross out one of those guidelines. They get a little too excited and go for 7cm on femur, or they start lengthening too fast to get back to work, or they start doing their own exercises while recovering and overworking their legs.

For OP, do whatever you want. No one can here can change your mind. Everyone has a different struggle. If you were able to get a beautiful girlfriend, good job, and lots of friends with your height neurosis what will being taller offer you?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 01:19:19 AM »

I'm not sure about doing it. I have a beautiful girlfriend, a good job and lots of friends. I'm afraid of loosing everything when I take into account these cases.
Emmanuel lost his money and 4 years of his life in crutches! He was fortunate because his wife is still with him, but his suffering was extreme. Walking like an old man while being in his prime!
Crimsontide lost his girlfriend who cheated on him while he was crippled and made fun of him. He is still functionally impaired. He lost the function of his leg to the point that he wanted to amputate his leg. This gives you an idea of how bad his psychological wound is.
Musicmaker had a very good job as a prestigious psychologist? and she lost it after so many months out. She also got ugly scars (people told me it's terrible because she was beautiful like an angel). She has been wheelchairbounded for 2 years in a foreign country and moneymakers took advantage of her situation.
In the internet I've also found a case of an engineer who lengthened his legs in Russia, got complications and lost everything as a result (girlfriend, job and all his savings). In the other board you can find more cases.
These people lost everything: health, money, job, girlfriend, friends. And some people even lost their lives!

I feel bad about my height but I don't know if I could stand all this. I would probably get mad with half of it. It's too much

It depends on how tall you are tbh. If you are just a bit short but not like short stature i think you should just enjoy life since you have a pretty decent one as you say.

I'm just at that point that life isn't enjoyable and i kinda want to fight with my short stature but if i won't be satisfied/became crippled well... at least i tried ey?

And yea, i feel bad about crimson too. His gf could have just end it rather than making fun of someone who is partially disabled.

rock112

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 01:21:38 AM »

Emannuel: Lengthened 7.5cm (above advised 6cm) on femurs with a doctor in the ex-USSR. The hospital seemed disorganized and the nurses weren't doign their jobs properly.

Crimsontide: lengthened 6cm (above advised 5cm) on external tibias (less safe than internals) in ex-USSR.

Musicmaker: can't find thread

Look, you can't cheat this surgery. This is your health and your liveliness. Saving $40-50k and going to some shady dude in ex-USSR for $15k with a hospital that has tech from the 70's will come back to fk you far more than that $40-50k you saved.

You've spent ~20+ years of your life at short stature, and now all of a sudden you want to cheap out and get a surgery for $15-20k? I don't understand people. Just wait 2-3 more years, save up, and you will have a wonderful surgery with a good doctor and a far better chance at full recovery.

Does this mean there is no chance of complication? No, even good doctors like Guichet still have very minor complications (2-3 more months of staying, etc..). But the thing is they're always able to *handle* it far better than some dude in a 2nd or 3rd world crap hole where even basic communication with your doctor can be an issue. Please, don't be dumb and do your own research. Go through the diaries and make spreadsheets of what the patients do, you will very quickly see a pattern to what is truly causing "complications."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:37:57 AM by rock112 »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 01:27:58 AM »

Musicmaker was a Dr.Monegal patient, i don't remember how much she lengthen doe.

Worst things can happen with even Paley but i agree about minimizing any potential risks.
Don't go cheap on your legs, you have only 1 pair of them.

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 02:52:54 AM »

Life always can be worse, but if it could be better for even one time why not???? Job??? I can be hired in another place: girlfriend? You can have another gf: crippled??? It Is not probable If you go to a good doctor.
Budget will determine my future.

The Kaiser

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »

Uh sure, I'm not very close with family and I only have one friend. But also, I highly doubt I'll face serious complications. It comes down to:

- Choose a good doctor (US preferred, Paley)
- Don't exceed 6cm on one segment (maybe 4.5-5 for tibias)
- Follow your lenghtening rate
- Stretch & exercise for a few months before hand for flexibility
- Follow your recovery routines closely (and don't overwork yourself)

With those steps, you can not lose. I think people give LL a bad rep always talking about "complications." This is a fully controlled process. You have a doctor monitoring you at all times. And I've never seen anyone following the above points have any complications.

Usually, when something goes wrong, it's because they cross out one of those guidelines. They get a little too excited and go for 7cm on femur, or they start lengthening too fast to get back to work, or they start doing their own exercises while recovering and overworking their legs.

For OP, do whatever you want. No one can here can change your mind. Everyone has a different struggle. If you were able to get a beautiful girlfriend, good job, and lots of friends with your height neurosis what will being taller offer you?

7 cm on femur is not consider that big or risk, 6-7 consider as a medium risk

rock112

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »

7 cm on femur is not consider that big or risk, 6-7 consider as a medium risk

If you really want to recover 7 is a pretty big amount to lengthen. A lot of LL'ers have reported regretting going to 7 on femurs and losing flexibility after 5-6cm (specifically DoingItForMe comes to mind). And a lot of Dr's place the "full recovery" limits at 6fem/5tib.

Why take any "medium risk" at all? It's a 1cm difference and these are your legs for life man...

The Kaiser

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 12:22:11 AM »

If you really want to recover 7 is a pretty big amount to lengthen. A lot of LL'ers have reported regretting going to 7 on femurs and losing flexibility after 5-6cm (specifically DoingItForMe comes to mind). And a lot of Dr's place the "full recovery" limits at 6fem/5tib.

Why take any "medium risk" at all? It's a 1cm difference and these are your legs for life man...

All who done it with Guichet didn't regret, you will lose your flexibility even with 4 cm, you fight a nature to become taller but there are some concequences. Btw even 6 cm consider medium risk, only 5 cm and below is safe 

Lgazer

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 12:47:52 AM »

Crappy doctors and unresponsible patients = bad results
Good doctors and responsible patients = better chances but not 100% certainty of good results.
Other situations: crapty doctors and responsible patients or unresponsible patients and good doctors = Great chances of bad results.
This surgery is not a child play.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:54:10 AM by Lgazer »

The Kaiser

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 01:01:57 AM »

Good doctors and responsible patients = better chances but not 100% certainty of good results. Other situations: crapty doctors and responsible patients or unresponsible patients and good doctors = Great chances of bad results.

some times perfect doctor and responsible patient= very bad outcome

rock112

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 02:38:49 AM »

Good doctors and responsible patients = better chances but not 100% certainty of good results.
Other situations: crapty doctors and responsible patients or unresponsible patients and good doctors = Great chances of bad results.

okay.... so you've just stated the obvious. what's your point dude? Yes, this surgery is tough. Can't afford LL and you're coming on here to have a hissy fit?

Penguinn

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 03:40:37 AM »

Someone who really wants LL will do it eventually.
Pages: [1]   Go Up