Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total cost "calculated"´. Need input and help to decide!  (Read 1585 times)

BiggestProblem

Total cost "calculated"´. Need input and help to decide!
« on: October 17, 2016, 07:34:42 PM »

Hi! I am currently deciding between 3/4 different surgeons. The reason I am saying 3/4 is because from what I have seen it seems that Dr. Pili and Dr. Catagni do their work together(?). I want to do at least 5.5cm tibia and if I am lucky and my body allows for it maybe even up to 7. But settling for 6 wouldn't disappoint me.

Total price:
Franz Birkholtz: 350k Zar + Food (10 USD per day) + Wifi (?) = 24770 USD + 75 * 10 USD = Around 25500 USD

Mangal Parihar: 900k Rupees + Accommodation + Food etc = 13500 USD + Around 10K (I think it was KiloKahn who spent around that) = 20-25k USD maybe

Dr. Pili: 20k Euro + Accomodation + Food etc = 20k euro + 700euro/month rent + 15euro/day food + 10euro/week cleaning + 20euro/week laundry + 20euro/week random stuff = 26.5 USD

Dr. Catagni: Same as above(?)

One thing I am curious about is the Achilles tendon lengthening. I have seen it mentioned by Dr. Catagni a lot. I think his surgery cost is 18k, then 2k for frame removal and 3k for ATL if he thinks that you need it. Is ATL common with other doctors? Tell me what you guys think and if you have tips of any other doctors that are serious.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

onemorefoot

Re: Total cost "calculated"´. Need input and help to decide!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »

Will you have LON???ATL is almost unpredictable, but happens after 6 cm, before is a little strange. Another option is Beijing, but it is more expensive, I think the have developed a technique where you may not need ATL.
Budget will determine my future.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 08:08:22 PM »

Will you have LON???ATL is almost unpredictable, but happens after 6 cm, before is a little strange. Another option is Beijing, but it is more expensive, I think the have developed a technique where you may not need ATL.
Not LON. Fully external is my plan right now.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:36:37 PM »

Mangal Parihar: 900k Rupees + Accommodation + Food etc = 13500 USD + Around 10K (I think it was KiloKahn who spent around that) = 20-25k USD maybe

One thing I am curious about is the Achilles tendon lengthening. I have seen it mentioned by Dr. Catagni a lot. I think his surgery cost is 18k, then 2k for frame removal and 3k for ATL if he thinks that you need it. Is ATL common with other doctors? Tell me what you guys think and if you have tips of any other doctors that are serious.

You might be able to find cheaper accommodation than I did if you choose Mumbai. I preferred the hotel for the convenience but it's possible you can utilize airbnb to find a close place for a better price. Dr Parihar also knew the owner of a hotel who would have given a discount for his patients, but the problem was they were fully booked when I was there. Most hotels you will be able to find will be between $40 - $50 per day after the discount for extended stay is provided.

Dr Parihar's thoughts are on ATL are that they're not necessary at all provided you are within his 6 cm limit, and that any tightness can be overcome through vigorous stretching and physio. If you disobey and lengthen above that, then he would probably recommend ATL based on the account he told of that one patient who disobeyed his instructions and developed severe equinus contracture due to excessive lengthening. I know Dr Paley recommends a gastrocnemeus-soleus recession instead of ATL. Unfortunately I never got around to asking Dr Parihar if he would perform a gastroc-soleus recession as an alternative in a case of bad equinus.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 09:40:36 PM »

I think Dr. Mitkovich in Serbia is another option worth considering. His surgery fee is only 9,3k€ and the stay in Nís is probably not too expensive either. His frames seem to be more confortable than the regular Illizarov and he has a very good reputation as well.
Perhaps they are not perfectly suited for larger amounts though (5cm's+).

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »

will Dr Mitkovich be operating in 4 years???
Budget will determine my future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up