Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How realistic is this?  (Read 2583 times)

midnightninja

How realistic is this?
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:14:00 AM »

How realistic is it for a 4cm gain in the femurs using internals and then a second operation for 4cm gain in tibias with either internals or externals after the femurs have consolidated?

Nightwish

Re: How realistic is this?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 01:16:39 AM »

Very.

Far more sensible approach also rather than thinking 8 on my shins, YOLO!

With 4cm you stand a much greater chance of recovering to an acceptable level.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 01:41:18 AM »

How realistic is it for a 4cm gain in the femurs using internals and then a second operation for 4cm gain in tibias with either internals or externals after the femurs have consolidated?

Do 5 femur 3 tibia and call it a day.

4cm won't have too much of an impact, problems start after 6cm.

Mtall

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:25:49 AM »

Yeah, I was corrected on this point in a previous thread.

Anything 5 cms and below is going to put you at a great chance of a full recovery.

Do 5 cms on the femurs and 3 or 4 on tibias, as tibia takes a longer time to heal. Internals are also wayyyy more comfortable, so I suggest you finish off the max you can by doing internals.

Personally speaking, I would just do 6 cms on femurs and finish the deal. Externals is not worth the effort just for 3 cms.

LLCaptain

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 11:32:51 AM »

Very.

Far more sensible approach also rather than thinking 8 on my shins, YOLO!

With 4cm you stand a much greater chance of recovering to an acceptable level.

Gonna have to disagree with you here. Naturally, the people who are optimistic about doing quads are non-patients.

Most members on this forum are perpetual lurkers and will never go through with LL, let alone do 2 surgeries. There's a reason for that: high financial barrier, time lost on the best years of your life, extremely high risk surgery. It's easy to come here and post a quad mockup, but the reality of being crippled and staying indoors for half a year is going to make you reconsider doing it a second time.

If OP has normal proportions pre-LL, he will be fine with 7cm internal femurs. That's a life changing amount in one go.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »

Gonna have to disagree with you here. Naturally, the people who are optimistic about doing quads are non-patients.

Most members on this forum are perpetual lurkers and will never go through with LL, let alone do 2 surgeries. There's a reason for that: high financial barrier, time lost on the best years of your life, extremely high risk surgery. It's easy to come here and post a quad mockup, but the reality of being crippled and staying indoors for half a year is going to make you reconsider doing it a second time.

If OP has normal proportions pre-LL, he will be fine with 7cm internal femurs. That's a life changing amount in one go.

Unless he wants to do both segments at once.

But gotta agree, one surgery costs fortune let alone two.

Morissette

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »

Well said I would never put myself through this a second time make it count the first time

BiggestProblem

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 01:49:56 PM »

I 100% agree with you.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Penguinn

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 04:02:20 PM »

This is spot on. Almost everyone doing or done with LL will agree with this.

You won't put yourself through everything again for an amount you can do safely in one segment.

midnightninja

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 12:27:56 AM »

8cm would not be a realistic goal for me due to proportions and quality of life.

I am more than happy doing 4-5cm on my femurs and potentially forgetting the 4cm on my tibias.
4-5cm would make me 175 which is the average height and a height where lots of men succeed and feel confident at.

I will however go for 4cm-5cm on my femurs regardless, the tibias are only a thought but will ultimately be decided after the first surgery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up