Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Telling parents  (Read 7264 times)

EndGame

Re: Telling parents
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 02:38:06 PM »

Hello guys,

Thank you for replying to my post. I am 24 (170cm - 172cm) and I plan on doing 5.5 cm Latn tibia. I plan to stay close to the doctor until consolidation is mostly complete. For LATN, this is about 1.5 months/cm and that is why I will be abroad for 8 months.

The reason I am considering telling my parents is in the case of complications. Plus I figure they will know when I return home. A lot of people on this forum seem to be seeking this surgery. So my question is have you told your parents about this procedure, how did you tell your parents? What was there reaction etc.

Thank you,

TrueSpartan

I told my immediate family. They didn't understand, but were very supportive. I brought it up circuitously by talking about dating and dating sites. They don't make women list their measurements and weight but men do get bombarded with 5'10-6'8" height desired in women's profiles constantly even if the woman is short most of the time. Pull up match profiles at random with them and explain how you know height should not matter but you feel you'll be happier dating and in life with the scales tilted in your favor rather than against you. Also, point out that our language itself in inherently heightist. I look up to him, he's so smart. Head and shoulders above the rest, he's such a great lawyer or whatever. Our language uses expressions of someone being tall to describe them being good at all sorts of things. Average income differences can be pointed out. Tallest presidential candidate wins like over 90% of the time. However, what helped me the most was saying I'm going the the best doctor, the doctor who fixes the mistakes made by other quacks out there. If you plan on going overseas to a third world country it probably will be a much harder sell to your parents. Good luck.

TnaTna

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 04:22:09 PM »

They don't make women list their measurements and weight but men do get bombarded with 5'10-6'8" height desired in women's profiles constantly even if the woman is short most of the time.

Aren't you exaggerating ? I think it is quite uncommon a girl asks for more than 6'1", and I never heard about a girl asking for more than 6'3".

onemorefoot

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »

Dont do this for women, please. Do it for you!!!!!!
Budget will determine my future.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »

How old are you?

As i remember you were 5'7 or something right?
If your mom is like 5'9 and you will do LL she will spot that you are not shorter than her anymore.

In shoes, she's usually at least 5'11 but you're right, I'll actually be a little taller than her now when we're barefoot. I'm 25 but I haven't seen her in person for nearly 3 years. The thing is, my entire family on both sides is so tall that height is a nonissue to them, I honestly don't think I've ever heard any of them mention it before, other than when a younger cousin would hit puberty. Anyways, I guess I'll deal with it when it comes to pass

doomsday

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 06:31:33 PM »

If youre worried about telling parents or you have a need to tell your parents, youre simply not man enough and you wont do LL just talk about on this forum.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 07:41:56 PM »

In shoes, she's usually at least 5'11 but you're right, I'll actually be a little taller than her now when we're barefoot. I'm 25 but I haven't seen her in person for nearly 3 years. The thing is, my entire family on both sides is so tall that height is a nonissue to them, I honestly don't think I've ever heard any of them mention it before, other than when a younger cousin would hit puberty. Anyways, I guess I'll deal with it when it comes to pass

I mostly asked you about age because you mentioned growing up in one of your older posts.

Anyway i feel you man, i'm the shortest too and my uncles are 6'7.

The Kaiser

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 07:48:03 PM »

If youre worried about telling parents or you have a need to tell your parents, youre simply not man enough and you wont do LL just talk about on this forum.

well its their choice not you will judge if they are men or not.

EndGame

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »

Aren't you exaggerating ? I think it is quite uncommon a girl asks for more than 6'1", and I never heard about a girl asking for more than 6'3".

You confused a typical range i listed with their minimum. No very few women list a minimum over 6'. Some heightist girls will insist on more but that's rare. However, few women's profiles I come across stop the top end of their range at 6'1", most go at least to 6'2" and typical I see it much higher than that. I think at 5'11" few women will not give a guy a decent consideration.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 12:50:58 AM »

You confused a typical range i listed with their minimum. No very few women list a minimum over 6'. Some heightist girls will insist on more but that's rare. However, few women's profiles I come across stop the top end of their range at 6'1", most go at least to 6'2" and typical I see it much higher than that. I think at 5'11" few women will not give a guy a decent consideration.

read is wrong...

5'11 is 180. Funny how the "perfect" cm height in europe is regarded as not good enough in the US just because 5'11 is not 6'.

A member in the old forum said (and I agree with him) that 180 sounds good because it has the number 8, while in the US it's 6' because it has the number 6.

Both heights are tall everywhere or above average
I learned some stuff during this time

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 12:54:35 AM »

Girls list 188cm as a minimum requirment? Do they have any idea how tall that is? That's even dumber than wanting to do this surgery in the first place

Good luck with selecting in 1% of male population lmao.

5'11 is 180. Funny how the "perfect" cm height in europe is regarded as not good enough in the US just because 5'11 is not 6'.

A member in the old forum said (and I agree with him) that 180 sounds good because it has the number 8, while in the US it's 6' because it has the number 6.

Both heights are tall everywhere or above average

I can confirm since i'm living in a country which use metric system, there is even that stupid saying "Men starts from 180cm".

Samuimw

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 05:08:50 AM »

I told my parents, and they were very worried for me and supported me with everything ,money, place to stay, food , even a car for me too, guess I'm lucky they don't even want anyone to know about this and helped me by saying that i got in an accident. Parents are parents they will be worried about you, what is the worst that could happen?

TrueSpartan

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2016, 06:40:14 AM »

Hello guys,

Thank you all for your replies. It was interesting to see a variety of opinions on this matter.  I have decided I will tell my parents. I will post here about there reactions. It may be a couple of weeks however but I will be doing it. I definitely expect to see a shocked response followed by your perfect the way you are. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks again,

TrueSpartan

Peaceout

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2016, 07:17:24 AM »

Hello guys,

Thank you all for your replies. It was interesting to see a variety of opinions on this matter.  I have decided I will tell my parents. I will post here about there reactions. It may be a couple of weeks however but I will be doing it. I definitely expect to see a shocked response followed by your perfect the way you are. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks again,

TrueSpartan
Good luck :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up