Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friends  (Read 5957 times)

czvw

Friends
« on: October 13, 2016, 01:51:03 AM »

Does anyone feel like its harder to make friends being small? or its just me? I dont particularly have friends to hang out, although im nice to people. I have a good relation with most people, but they dont call me to hang out.  Im in university now, and i guess i got a bad class, but i dont feel having luck making friends in life after height became important.  by the way im 1,60. Seems like if i dont this LL, i will have a crappy lonely life. ahah Is it just me?

Alu

Re: Friends
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 02:27:43 AM »

It was for me initially. I'd say the biggest reason was because I felt that they would out right reject me because of my height. Which was stupid reasoning. I soon realized most people don't give a   about your height if you come of as nice and genuinely interesting; they might point it out and make light of it, but it never gets to me.

Sure women could be a whole separate thing, but when it comes to making friends, I think it's more about getting out of your shell and taking a risk. I will say this, when taking to girls I don't really try per say. I genuine just try to meet new people for the sake of meeting new and interesting people out there.

I will say this though, considering the nature of your university, you could either be making real long-term friends, or just acquaintances. For me it was definitely the latter, but I was ok with that.

The Kaiser

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 05:48:57 AM »

Does anyone feel like its harder to make friends being small? or its just me? I dont particularly have friends to hang out, although im nice to people. I have a good relation with most people, but they dont call me to hang out.  Im in university now, and i guess i got a bad class, but i dont feel having luck making friends in life after height became important.  by the way im 1,60. Seems like if i dont this LL, i will have a crappy lonely life. ahah Is it just me?

guys don't throw everything on height, trust me your personality and pocket bring you everything.

AR

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 11:14:58 AM »

czvw,
The problem is in your mind and it will grow and prevent you from making friend if you will keep pausing your life until you become more inches taller after the CLL.
- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

goldenegg

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 06:04:27 PM »

If you're in school I would try to be as outgoing as possible and join some clubs you're interested in. It's easier to make friends with people who share the same interests as you etc.

like alu said, romantic interests can be a whole different thing, but finding friends isn't really dependent on your looks or height. I can definitely relate to how crappy sometimes the social experience of a short guy can be in college, but it didn't prevent me from meeting some of my some of my best friends.

czvw

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 01:15:47 AM »

Thanks guys, I really apreciate the answers from people who actually understands it. Im trying hard to meet new people, make new network, and hope it isnt too late. Still does anyone feel uncomfortable talking to a taller women? ahahah

The Kaiser

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 09:40:52 AM »

Thanks guys, I really apreciate the answers from people who actually understands it. Im trying hard to meet new people, make new network, and hope it isnt too late. Still does anyone feel uncomfortable talking to a taller women? ahahah

no not at all, i was dating tall women in my height, taller in heels, but when i put height in my mind and made it a mental issue, am the one who decided to leave. its nothing but mental issue

czvw

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 01:08:25 PM »

Yeh true that, but some women put height as their dating requirements ou dating sites for example, i thinks its more of a issue for them then for us...

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »

Yeh true that, but some women put height as their dating requirements ou dating sites for example, i thinks its more of a issue for them then for us...

Exactly. Besides the only thing you know about the other person when browsing dating website is how they look so obviously people will be picky.

Women that purely focus on looks mostly end up in toxic relationships anyway.

Alu

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 03:51:48 PM »

Well I mean I can't blame them if they say they want someone who's like at least 2-3 inches taller than them. I personally wouldn't date a girl who's big... would that make me shallow?

I feel it's a problem when we try to limit ourselves to only this one specific minority group: 6ft+ for girls. And skinny fit girl for me (guys).

The Kaiser

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 03:53:42 PM »

Well I mean I can't blame them if they say they want someone who's like at least 2-3 inches taller than them. I personally wouldn't date a girl who's big... would that make me shallow?

I feel it's a problem when we try to limit ourselves to only this one specific minority group: 6ft+ for girls. And skinny fit girl for me (guys).

Girls on dating sites as i know ask for +5-8 inches taller than them, but in reality most of them don't care

czvw

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 11:35:09 PM »

haha, true that, but most short girls prefer tall guys too. Or am i wrong?
I feel weird too when there is a kid taller than me haaha. It just dont seem right. haahaha

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 11:45:21 PM »

There will always be some kid taller than you no matter your height(unless you are taller than 6'4 or something).

It's more about how many kids/girls are taller than you. Even 6' guys can complain about kid being taller than him.

The Kaiser

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 12:10:01 AM »

haha, true that, but most short girls prefer tall guys too. Or am i wrong?
I feel weird too when there is a kid taller than me haaha. It just dont seem right. haahaha

no its not true, its our problem to think like that, then we break our confidence which make girls turn off

czvw

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 01:18:09 AM »

Yeh, as i said im 1,60, so a bunch of kids are taller than me haha. Thats why its weird for me. When i see a kid who was smaller than me, and suddenly he grows some inches and is taller, i feel omg, why didnt this happen to me. My father is 1,75, i should have been like him. My mother is abit smaller than me. =o, anyone was other thoughts about this?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 01:40:22 AM »

Yeh, as i said im 1,60, so a bunch of kids are taller than me haha. Thats why its weird for me. When i see a kid who was smaller than me, and suddenly he grows some inches and is taller, i feel omg, why didnt this happen to me. My father is 1,75, i should have been like him. My mother is abit smaller than me. =o, anyone was other thoughts about this?

What's your grandparents height?

You need to look on your whole family, i have personally very tall uncles(around 6'8) but i'm 5'5 myself.

czvw

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 01:40:49 AM »

Ahm my grandpa from my mothers part is a bit short, i dont know how short exactly but i dont think he is shorter then me. Why god, why :'(? My grandparents live in another country, thats why im in doubt. But anyway, i didnt have a good childhood, always sick, born with 7 months, not the best conditions as my parents were imigrants. I guess sometimes things happen. Dont know if being small will help in anything in the future, but i hope it does. =p

czvw

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 01:42:24 AM »

Btw, i apreciate the answers  guys, really means alot to me.

The Kaiser

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 01:51:17 AM »

Btw, i apreciate the answers  guys, really means alot to me.

you're part of us, i hope when you become taller not forget us lol. you're okay man

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 02:13:31 AM »

What's your grandparents height?

You need to look on your whole family, i have personally very tall uncles(around 6'8) but i'm 5'5 myself.

I ment that my uncles are 6'8*

Ahm my grandpa from my mothers part is a bit short, i dont know how short exactly but i dont think he is shorter then me. Why god, why :'(? My grandparents live in another country, thats why im in doubt. But anyway, i didnt have a good childhood, always sick, born with 7 months, not the best conditions as my parents were imigrants. I guess sometimes things happen. Dont know if being small will help in anything in the future, but i hope it does. =p

Your height is mostly very similar to your grandparents. That's why it's important.

Well i was a bit different... I was picture of health when born(i was like 4,5kg or somethin) and my growing curve basically showed that i will be very tall when older(mostly around 70 percentage) but i suddenly stopped growing when i was 12 years old, nobody knows why.

It is how it is, you gotta take what you get. But don't dwell on yourself, path of selfshame can be pretty rough and i'm talking as someone who learned that the hard way.

Where are you living btw?

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 05:00:29 AM »

You need to look on your whole family, i have personally very tall uncles but i'm 5'5 myself.

Maybe your Mom had an affair on your Dad, or there is something they are not telling you. That seems really strange to have that kind of a difference in height with such a close relative.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:22:35 AM by Zaney »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 10:32:15 AM »

Maybe your Mom had an affair on your Dad, or there is something they are not telling you. That seems really strange to have that kind of a difference in height with such a close relative.

Lol, highly doubt it.

For now i only know that i have hormonal issues so idk... genetics are complicated.

czvw

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 11:56:01 PM »

haha Kaiser, i dont even know if im going to do LL for real. Are u gonna do it?

czvw

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »

does anyone have anxiety problem too? Due to smallness haahah

czvw

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 12:00:47 AM »

Your height is mostly very similar to your grandparents. That's why it's important.

Well i was a bit different... I was picture of health when born(i was like 4,5kg or somethin) and my growing curve basically showed that i will be very tall when older(mostly around 70 percentage) but i suddenly stopped growing when i was 12 years old, nobody knows why.

It is how it is, you gotta take what you get. But don't dwell on yourself, path of selfshame can be pretty rough and i'm talking as someone who learned that the hard way.

Where are you living btw?

maybe its god giving u a sign ahaha, hope its a good sign
Im living in Brazil... there are good doctors here, but i dont see then here..
What about you?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 12:52:05 AM »

maybe its god giving u a sign ahaha, hope its a good sign
Im living in Brazil... there are good doctors here, but i dont see then here..
What about you?

Sign of what, taking a piss?

Just wanted to check the average height of where are you living. 5'8 is not that bad.

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 02:06:30 AM »

i have hormonal issues. Genetics are complicated.

Sorry, I didn't know you were a transsxxual. Are you in the process of transitioning, or post op?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 02:11:34 AM »

Sorry, I didn't know you were a transsxxual. Are you in the process of transitioning, or post op?
Uhm.. alright?

I have hypothyroidism.

sashawiak

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »

I don't think so, one of my guy friends is about 5'3, same as you, he was one of the most popular kids in high school and still has a lot of friends now. I would say it's in your head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up